The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
August 2019 New Gear Thread
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

August 2019 New Gear Thread

Well, my one and only thread I posted this summer seemed to give me the answers I was looking for. Is it counterproductive to buy multiple synths at once?

So what did I do. Bought a sh!t ton of racks! Still 2 more on the way.

What's new:

Kurzweil KSP8 with RSP8 remote.
Technics WSA1R
Ensoniq MR Rack expanded with EXP-2 Drum expansion and EXP-4 Perfect Piano
E-MU Planet Earth
Ensoniq SQ-R Plus
Lexicon PCM-42

Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

In the July thread I mentioned buying a clonewheel expander module but after some consideration contacted the shop and changed the order to the full version with keybed.

So technically, I bought a Viscount Legend Solo in August.

Went on a bit of a buying spree last couple of weeks. Got myself:

- Kawai MP11SE stage piano
- Viscount Legend Solo + pedals
- K&M 18810 stand + 2nd tier
- upgrade to better quality audiocables for all instruments

So now I'm advancing toward my goal of replacing my most used VSTs for their hardware equivalent. Just don't connect with VSTs that much. Only ones left are a ARP2600, Minimoog and digital piano with Yamaha CFX sample/CFX VST
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I blame the recent threads on workstations and sound design...

Sadly, the seller's understanding of fully functional was a tad creative as regrads buttons and the floppy, but phew, that thing sounds sweet & very usable. Like the slightly reduced top end and look forward to discovering RCM stuff.

Now, of course the top tier needs to be filled with a module... or a capable sysex controller
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rids View Post
Well, my one and only thread I posted this summer seemed to give me the answers I was looking for. Is it counterproductive to buy multiple synths at once?

So what did I do. Bought a sh!t ton of racks! Still 2 more on the way.

What's new:

Kurzweil KSP8 with RSP8 remote.
Technics WSA1R
Ensoniq MR Rack expanded with EXP-2 Drum expansion and EXP-4 Perfect Piano
E-MU Planet Earth
Ensoniq SQ-R Plus
Lexicon PCM-42

Jealous of that E-MU Planet Earth !
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Man I'm happy about this one. Pristine Alpha Juno 2 for $190.

Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

It's not that I don't have enough cables, it's that I don't have the right cables, and I'd rather not move my audio interface just to accomodate all the rack gear or go back to dumping everything in a 19" unit. I chose to get this over the alternative option of separate cables. 3 meter is still too big, but there were no 2-meter options.

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Just this.
Attached Thumbnails
August 2019 New Gear Thread-boss-eq-200.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
TG77 loaded with Xander's sysex.

Blofeld loaded with Don's Analog Voltage.

I should be done for this year.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

spl optimizer
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Bought Izotope Neutron 3 Advanced too at the sale today. Now I'm done for the year.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

They're giving Izotope Iris 2 away with any PluginBoutique purchase.

So I got this for 8 bucks:

and Iris 2, of course!

Let's see if it can do something interesting.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Starting the month off correctly. This thing sounds totally epic
Attached Thumbnails
August 2019 New Gear Thread-f72dddd4-60e3-48ed-a946-5eded1d67164.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post

and Iris 2, of course!

Iris 2 is kind of cool for some things. I made a bunch of scary and ambient banjo patches with it for a supernatural western film I scored awhile back. Certainly worth $8.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Bought a Volca Bass today!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

My custom faceplace Pithoprakta module from Taylor at Iron Ether is ready now, a Probabilistic Rhythm Generator, spits out Gates or Triggers based on Clock I'll send it from my Clock Divider.

Faceplate is usually raw silver with black text. This is custom black with etched text. Looks great. He did an awesome job and was cool to work with:

Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Finally decided on a master controller with a good selection of quality bread & butter sounds and powerful synthesis capability. Really loving it so far. I have had a K2000 since the mid 90’s. The PC3 is really a big step up. Of course I’ll always keep my K2000R.

August 2019 New Gear Thread-7299df6a-a505-480d-9010-43677dead5c7.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
August 2019 New Gear Thread-7299df6a-a505-480d-9010-43677dead5c7.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
My custom faceplace Pithoprakta module from Taylor at Iron Ether is ready now, a Probabilistic Rhythm Generator, spits out Gates or Triggers based on Clock I'll send it from my Clock Divider.

Faceplate is usually raw silver with black text. This is custom black with etched text. Looks great. He did an awesome job and was cool to work with:

Iron Ether makes amazing pedals too. Dude is really talented.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowkast View Post
Iron Ether makes amazing pedals too. Dude is really talented.
agreed. i have his Oxide bass fuzz and it is the sound of the end of the world, very flexible tweakable, and equally interesting on guitar as well.

FrantaBit bit reducer also sounds great and has exp pedal input for the sampling freq... might grab this if i find it second hand.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post
agreed. i have his Oxide bass fuzz and it is the sound of the end of the world, very flexible tweakable, and equally interesting on guitar as well.

FrantaBit bit reducer also sounds great and has exp pedal input for the sampling freq... might grab this if i find it second hand.
That Bass Reverb (Nimbus SE, and plain Nimbus) are unique and sound great, too. I want one for synth and electric bass duties. It's on my list, but it's a long assed list.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathodeRay View Post
Finally decided on a master controller with a good selection of quality bread & butter sounds and powerful synthesis capability. Really loving it so far. I have had a K2000 since the mid 90’s. The PC3 is really a big step up. Of course I’ll always keep my K2000R.

Sweet. K2000s were mind blowing at the time.

This fall I'm picking up a K2500X as a master weighted 88key controller, for piano practice and jams, a controller that to me "can also make a bunch of Pink Floyd sounds"... I'm so stoked, it's funny really. I will probably spend a whole weekend downloading PF Presets and playing along with songs. But yeah, controllers...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Couldn’t resist ordering these for my modular drum rack:

Should hopefully yield me some flexibility with my mostly modular eurorack drum rig, especially with the ability to sidechain with the Autodyne and using the Levit8 for attenuation with the 301 in cases where I’m not using it as an 8 input mixer.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

What's the difference between that thread and "photos of your studios"? Objectively?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I mean, they're both photos of gear, but these threads are for each Month only, and there are fewer group shots, fewer room shots, usually either an individual thing by itself in in context with a few other things (on a table, in a rack, etc)...

tl:dr

it's a matter of degree, of both breadth and depth.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus2 View Post
What's the difference between that thread and "photos of your studios"? Objectively?
Not using a stock internet picture is important to some people as a sign of authenticity, like holding up today’s newspaper on a photo of yourself.

The new gear thread shows the new gear in captivity or in its environment, the post your setup thread shows the whole ecosystem.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Kawai FS800 "Superboard"

Chintzy auto-rhythms all day!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

not the gear itself, but still important:
2 rackmount sliding shelves.
since i have 2 rackmount sections in my desk, but all my gear is desktop.

August 2019 New Gear Thread-img_0356_dn.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
August 2019 New Gear Thread-img_0356_dn.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

and Iris 2, of course!

I did the exact same thing Absolutely loving iZotope Iris 2, I was going to buy it when it came it because I liked the concept but ended up updating Superior Drummer 2 to version 3 and left it for another day! Until I got the Pluginboutique email I had totally forgotten about it, a big no brainer and I'm sure Riser will come in handy too...win win...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Did the same thing while looking for the cheapest thing that they have and because my riser skills suck.

How is it? The video demo was a bit boring.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Push 2/49SL MkIII Combo

I felt it was time to upgrade my MIDI/DAW controller situation, but couldn't decide between Ableton Push 2 and the Novation 49SL Mk3. So, in noble Gearslutz fashion, I bought both.

All I can say is wow. What a wicked combo. Individually, there are things missing from each that would leave me frustrated. But combined, they can pretty much handle anything I might want to accomplish.

Overkill? Definitely. But it's the most powerful and fun MIDI/DAW controller setup I've ever used. Highly recommended--especially for Ableton users who are also keyboardists.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Was trying not to buy anymore but just bought an Apogee Symphony MK1 2 x 6 as really great price and mint.
Attached Thumbnails
August 2019 New Gear Thread-rdzbl8tter5hydapy9yv.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search