The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
August 2019 New Gear Thread
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica View Post
Omg! What horrible things have you done to that TR5x5?!? And can I have it?

(And congrats on the WSA1r! It's unique in all the right ways.)
Lots of bendy things, but it wasn't me that did it. Maybe one day I'll learn the art of bending. The WSA1R is definitely one that I've wanted to try for a while. Cool synth for sure.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljefe View Post

Also, I'm not a big fan of wooden end cheeks in general, but the end cheeks on this synth are ugly- an ordinary piece of lumber with a mud colored stain and no finish coat. I know a guy who does beautiful airbrush art, he is supposed to refinish my Deluge end cheeks (in dark grey with a blue racing stripe) so if he stops flaking out on me I'll get him to finish the end cheeks on the OB-6 in black with a blue pinstripe.

I'm happy, only two very minor cosmetic complaints on an otherwise amazing machine. I've been playing all day. Thanks Dave and Tom for such a sweet instrument.
Congrats. Its a fantastic synth.

Regarding the wood panel's, I'm assuming they did them that way to keep in character with the vintage OB series of synths which also had quite bland panels.

I might do some custom ones for mine at some point, but would keep it in similar character. The woodwork on the P6 (and Pro 2) is much prettier imo.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
good month for me...cant believe you can get a rack like this for the price of a B stock P6
I'm in lust. I want this rack now.
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I'm in lust. I want this rack now.
Im going to make another one...GAP COMP-3As, Summit TLA-50 + TD 100, maybe a couple of GAP EQs too...the only problem is Ill have to sell all my synths for my new found hardware desires which means Ill have a tele and PSR-36 to process through them
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Im going to make another one...GAP COMP-3As, Summit TLA-50 + TD 100, maybe a couple of GAP EQs too...the only problem is Ill have to sell all my synths for my new found hardware desires which means Ill have a tele and PSR-36 to process through them
My second 12U over 9U rack is out for delivery today... damn all these KT/TNC rack hogs...

Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by subspace View Post
My second 12U over 9U rack is out for delivery today... damn all these KT/TNC rack hogs...

Nice

Ah...I forgot Ive got one of those racks in storage...wonder where I could fit it. You think they couldve made half rack sized ones like GAP

ACMP-73s? got a pair too...might be good to rack everything together like that as well (reorganising my studio anyway)
Old 2 days ago
first eurorack module in almost four years.

Piston Honda mk1. the first and dirtiest version and my fav of the three iterations. its grunge will be a nice complement to cleanish Synthtechs. and it came with rare six rom expansion.

August 2019 New Gear Thread-2070_614cf304a8d841e4bfea09f5eba1427a_1.jpg

August 2019 New Gear Thread-2070_0d3aac81f68540b28b5e646e2466996f_1.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
August 2019 New Gear Thread-2070_614cf304a8d841e4bfea09f5eba1427a_1.jpg   August 2019 New Gear Thread-2070_0d3aac81f68540b28b5e646e2466996f_1.jpg  
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nice

Ah...I forgot Ive got one of those racks in storage...wonder where I could fit it. You think they couldve made half rack sized ones like GAP

ACMP-73s? got a pair too...might be good to rack everything together like that as well (reorganising my studio anyway)
Pairs of ACMP84s and 81s, the 1073EQs on top are Stams.

I'll be splitting it up with preamps/EQs over interfaces in the left rack:
2 EQP-KT
2 ACMP81
2 ACMP84
2 1073EQ
MOTU 16A
SDR 24/96
2 LXP-5
MOTU 2408
MOTU 1224
Adat XT

All compressors in the right rack:
(Stamchild-to be delivered)
HM2 Nail
Pro VLA II
Midas L10 w/ 2 FC526 & 2 560A
2 160XT
1176-KT
KT-2A
CD-R

Leaving spaces under the EQP-KTs and Stamchild, and above the KT-2A. Yes, this is what you do when waiting on a new rack delivery...
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rids View Post
Lots of bendy things, but it wasn't me that did it. Maybe one day I'll learn the art of bending. The WSA1R is definitely one that I've wanted to try for a while. Cool synth for sure.
I feel like there’s been more than a few WSA1/Rs moving hands in the last few years since I got mine for a steal, despite their small numbers. Would love it if someone more talented than myself made a modern programmer for it.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nice, I saw the premier version but I needed a Mk2 to make a matching pair...is there a big jump in quality over the Mk3?

I love them for overdriving anything, but I prefer my ACMPs overall, likely because of the EQs as theyre pretty noisy otherwise...cheapo cheapo cheapo
I've never tried the other GAP pres. In a moment of weakness and on a quest to nail a vocal sound I heard in my head I bought the premier and have been very happy with it.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Oh yes.

Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
good month for me...cant believe you can get a rack like this for the price of a B stock P6
Is that an Avantone Mixcube hiding back there? How do you like it?
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
Ha.

The community zigs, you zag.

Nicely done.
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lehmann View Post
Is that an Avantone Mixcube hiding back there? How do you like it?
It does pretty much what you'd imagine...bought a stereo pair when I had to use a guestroom when my kids were first born for low level mixing. Theyre not really grot boxes thought, great for highlighting mids...dont really use them now tbh
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

So, I'm getting close to finish my setup... just kidding!

I just ordered an ESI M4U eX because I needed a few additional midi outs.
And also some 1,5m coloured cables to patch my Moogerfoogers to my Doepfer MTV-16 which I bought last month (and I finished building into a box, including buffer and external linear power supply, a pair of days ago).
Old 23 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
Oh yes.

Sorry to quote the picture again.

Not sorry really.

An absolutely classic design. I could admire it all day.
Old 20 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogberto View Post
Sorry to quote the picture again.

Not sorry really.

An absolutely classic design. I could admire it all day.

Today it is learning from older brother:

Old 19 hours ago
Lives for gear

My Neutron and Ventris finally arrived and before any patch cables, because my ms20 was nervous and jealous of Neutron’s patch-points, I coaxed such a nice biting growl that immediately left me with that Grinch Grin earlobe to earlobe, then my cat came-in all jealous of time with new monsters...oh, the Ventris is that perfect cup of tea in an empty grain silo.

Now I have to reset my studio because of my Digitone Keys as well, such a naughty slut with a grinch grin like Botox gone reallly bad!?
Old 10 hours ago
Lives for gear

Found a linguaphone cassette deck that is pretty amazing as it can do pitch control and almost work like a limited 4 track , drone time

Old 8 hours ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rids View Post
That WSA1r went from being a unused prop under my desk to a proud place on Rids' rack. I spent a good day revisiting it before I set it free. Definitely unique, glad you're enjoying it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search