The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
August 2019 New Gear Thread
Old 5 days ago
  #61
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
Man, pretty soon we're all going to have a Klark Teknik buss!
Old 4 days ago
  #62
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Man, pretty soon we're all going to have a Klark Teknik buss!
Deffo one of my plans for the rest of the year.
Old 4 days ago
  #63
Lives for gear
I went against gearslutz zeitgeist and bought this. It came with two plg150-an cards and it sounds absolutely Devine.
Attached Thumbnails
August 2019 New Gear Thread-img_5987.png  
Old 4 days ago
  #64
Lives for gear
 
tux99's Avatar
I got infected by a virulent Virus this month for which there is no cure:



It's definitely a keeper, I'm in love.
Old 4 days ago
  #65
Lives for gear
 
tux99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixelsyd View Post
I went against gearslutz zeitgeist and bought this. It came with two plg150-an cards and it sounds absolutely Devine.
Great buy, it's very underrated, mine has a PLG-150AN and a PLG150DX card.
Old 3 days ago
  #66
Lives for gear
 
James Lehmann's Avatar
 

Did we reach a consensus on whether pedals count?

As in, when you've declared you "don't need any more gear" and "won't be buying anything else this year"?

I'm hoping they don't because...
Attached Thumbnails
August 2019 New Gear Thread-img_0391.jpg  

Last edited by James Lehmann; 1 day ago at 07:50 PM..
Old 3 days ago
  #67
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lehmann View Post
Did we reach a consensus on whether pedals count?

Like, when you've declared you "don't need any more gear" and "won't be buying anything else this year"?
It's a 1:4 ratio, so it only starts to count when you get 4 or more pedals during such timeframes.

(They make some great ones, too.)
Old 3 days ago
  #68
Lives for gear
 
trick fall's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixelsyd View Post
I went against gearslutz zeitgeist and bought this. It came with two plg150-an cards and it sounds absolutely Devine.

Didn't know this existed and am now very intrigued.
Old 3 days ago
  #69
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by trick fall View Post
Didn't know this existed and am now very intrigued.
I’m really surprised at how good it sounds and I haven’t gotten to plg150an cards yet which are said to be awesome.
Old 3 days ago
  #70
Lives for gear
 
trick fall's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixelsyd View Post
I’m really surprised at how good it sounds and I haven’t gotten to plg150an cards yet which are said to be awesome.
You're fueling my GAS! Anyway enjoy
Old 3 days ago
  #71
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lehmann View Post
Did we reach a consensus on whether pedals count?

Like, when you've declared you "don't need any more gear" and "won't be buying anything else this year"?
No fx of any kind count


Thats the excuse Im using
Old 3 days ago
  #72
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
No fx of any kind count


Thats the excuse Im using
Everyone thinks FX is slang for Effects, but really it means F-ing Extras.
Old 2 days ago
  #73
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
So much for not buying any gear this month. Just got myself one of these:



And one of these:



So that's three MPC's for me in the studio. I'm trying to resist the urge to get on MPCStuff and get some custom stuff for it. That always was one of the more fun parts of having an MPC.
Old 2 days ago
  #74
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
So much for not buying any gear this month. Just got myself one of these:



And one of these:



So that's three MPC's for me in the studio. I'm trying to resist the urge to get on MPCStuff and get some custom stuff for it. That always was one of the more fun parts of having an MPC.
I couldn't resist buying a set of Roland colored pads.
Old 2 days ago
  #75
Lives for gear
 
Shadowkast's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
So much for not buying any gear this month. Just got myself one

.
The Nord is dope. People complained about the outs and rightly so. But it thumps hard and is alot of fun. I can get lost for hours by hitting the pads with a stick and getting some FM clang. Alien drummer boy up in this bitch.
Old 2 days ago
  #76
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
I couldn't resist buying a set of Roland colored pads.
I saw those on the store. You got any pics of that? They look like they'd be pretty sexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowkast View Post
The Nord is dope. People complained about the outs and rightly so. But it thumps hard and is alot of fun. I can get lost for hours by hitting the pads with a stick and getting some FM clang. Alien drummer boy up in this bitch.
I'm surprised there's not more talk around here about it. From the demos, it looks like it's a little bit of a pain to edit, but probably worth the tedium for that huge array of sounds.
Old 2 days ago
  #77
Lives for gear
 
hgigh's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I saw those on the store. You got any pics of that? They look like they'd be pretty sexy.



I'm surprised there's not more talk around here about it. From the demos, it looks like it's a little bit of a pain to edit, but probably worth the tedium for that huge array of sounds.
I was curious myself and found this pic.



Would still like to see Bignatius photos if available.
Old 2 days ago
  #78
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgigh View Post
I was curious myself and found this pic.



Would still like to see Bignatius photos if available.
I don't, not on my phone, and I'm not home right now, but it looks just like those, on a black MPC1000.

Tits McGee is what that action is, and I'm not even a major Roland guy, but it's a nice hat tip to a classic, IMO.

Here's someone else's I found via Google:

Old 2 days ago
  #79
Lives for gear
 

bought a replacement spring reverb tank lol...ballin
Old 2 days ago
  #80
Gear Maniac
 
sin night's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
They're giving Izotope Iris 2 away with any PluginBoutique purchase.

So I got this for 8 bucks:



and Iris 2, of course!

Let's see if it can do something interesting.

I did the same today. The Riser was one of the cheapest (if not the cheapest) option to get Iris 2.

I'll probably get also the upgrade to Padshop Pro with the Zero Gravity Instrument Set, because it's on sale at half price untill the 5th of September.


Not that I need any new synth, but some deals are too good to pass.
Old 2 days ago
  #81
Gear Head
Bunch of junkies
Old 2 days ago
  #82
Lives for gear
 
namnibor's Avatar
Ordered today: Behringer Neutron & Source Audio Ventris to keep me warm & fat this winter. Plan to pair it with ms20 and both through Ventris and driven by Analog Keys cv track.

Last edited by namnibor; 2 days ago at 02:48 AM.. Reason: Beer
Old 2 days ago
  #83
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Bought a pair of these to pair with my EQP-KTs


Turns out my UAD 1176 plugins are pretty good
Old 2 days ago
  #84
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Turns out my UAD 1176 plugins are pretty good
Oh yeah...?

Up for posting some comparisons in lossless audio?
Old 2 days ago
  #85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Oh yeah...?

Up for posting some comparisons in lossless audio?
Yeah that'll be something Ill do

At least I got the updated 76-KT versions so theres no noise problem. They sound good but the UAD plugs are pretty excellent anyway, not that Im super surprised

Now Ive got to figure out am I adding a pair of KT-2As next because I need them (no) or want a pretty rack (likely)
Old 2 days ago
  #86
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Turns out my UAD 1176 plugins are pretty good
To be fair these dont cost much more than alot of compressor plugins, and you cant fondle the big knobs on a plugin. I'd like to hear your thoughts on their pultec clones as im pretty sold on the idea of picking up a stereo pair of those, seems like a crazy bargain.
Old 2 days ago
  #87
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Yeah that'll be something Ill do

At least I got the updated 76-KT versions so theres no noise problem. They sound good but the UAD plugs are pretty excellent anyway, not that Im super surprised

Now Ive got to figure out am I adding a pair of KT-2As next because I need them (no) or want a pretty rack (likely)
Racks should be full.

It's a rule.
Old 2 days ago
  #88
Here for the gear
Well, this summer I decided to go back to using hardware and August meant buying an Ensoniq SQ-1 in great condition. It will need a battery replacement though (will add a battery holder). Paid approx EUR/USD 120 for it.

NOTE: I am not allowed to use IMG tags yet so links will have to do for now...

https://imgur.com/0bFjRhU

Yesterday I bought a ELTA Polivoks-Mini which will arrive next week (hopefully). Managed to find one in England (I'm located in Sweden) since they are out of stock at most dealers. ELTA Music have apparently decided to stop the production of them to focus on the Donbass and other machines instead. My goal with this machine is to make some nasty EBM-basslines. Since it isn't in my possession yet, a stock pic will have to do. The one I found is white with red Cyrillic lettering though:

https://imgur.com/AT5DIAc

That concludes the August money wasting. I hope..
Old 2 days ago
  #89
Lives for gear
 
Shadowkast's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Racks should be full.

It's a rule.
Can I please use this as a signature?

Old 2 days ago
  #90
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowkast View Post
Can I please use this as a signature?

Absolutely.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump