Lives for gear

purchased a little buddy for my 03/RW
Attached Thumbnails
July 2019 New Gear Thread-re1.jpg   July 2019 New Gear Thread-re1-2-.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Malekko Manther
Attached Thumbnails
July 2019 New Gear Thread-dsc03956.jpg   July 2019 New Gear Thread-dsc03958-edit.jpg   July 2019 New Gear Thread-dsc03959.jpg   July 2019 New Gear Thread-dsc03960.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Finally, after a long search.
Attached Thumbnails
July 2019 New Gear Thread-knifonium.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderbeanz View Post
When you think about it is astounding for something that is nearly as powerful as a Korg Kronos...the Kronos being about £6-700 more expensive.

So, the main reason I bought it, aside from the unique synthesis options, is that I will be playing live with my band again.
Can't believe I missed this thread! Double gratz on both the Fusion and playing live again! That's a double dose of morale boosters.

I first met Xander on the Promusic Fusion forum back in 2009. For me the Fusion was an oasis in which I lived and breathed... and practically wrote a book on. With all the high quality samples available today, you've got a solid workstation on your hands. Do us proud and let us know how the band's getting on.

Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Ordered up a concert uke for the studio. Plus this goes with my collection of Daisy Rock stringed instruments.

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Ordered up a concert uke for the studio. Plus this goes with my collection of Daisy Rock stringed instruments.

The flowers really suit your style. Awesome.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

rosewood ?

I hate ukulele .. our confirmation teacher has us in the morning at eight o'clock harassed ..!
awesome songs like / Wake up, wake up, the cock crowed,
the sun enters the golden orbit.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Just bought a Roland DEP-5. I think it's a good looking effects processor that sits nicely in the rack with the S612. It sounded nice with the TB-3 earlier, but will have to find some instructions to work out how to bypass the memories.

July 2019 New Gear Thread-20190722_180556.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Buddha View Post
See you next month.
My money is on the end of the week.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiglo View Post
Just bought a Roland DEP-5. I think it's a good looking effects processor that sits nicely in the rack with the S612. It sounded nice with the TB-3 earlier, but will have to find some instructions to work out how to bypass the memories.

How do you find the Kawai?

Im really liking the MAV-8. Had been looking at a Kawai mixer would be good to hear your experience of using it...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgigh View Post
Delivered today:

Elektron Analog Drive.
I got one of these earlier this month as well when Sweetwater had them on sale. I really like it on my Arturia Matrixbrute.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by vekter303 View Post
How do you find the Kawai?

Im really liking the MAV-8. Had been looking at a Kawai mixer would be good to hear your experience of using it...
Speaking purely as an amateur, it's almost exactly what I was looking for. It isn't perfectly quiet, but as long as I close all the faders that aren't in use, then it's quiet enough for me.

I was most attracted by the stereo send and return mind, and the second mono send - stereo return. I couldn't find a similar feature in any other compact mixer and being rackable it's an absolute godsend as deskspace is limited,

I have had little to compare it to mind, besides 2x Roland MX-1's (which were very noisy) and DJ mixers, of which i've had a dozen or so. This stacks up well, literally. As I say though, i'm pretty much a novice with studio mixers, so take my opinion in that context.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddrake View Post
I got one of these earlier this month as well when Sweetwater had them on sale. I really like it on my Arturia Matrixbrute.
I missed the Sweetwater sale but did end up finding one for $99.

I have only messed with it for a few so far, just browsing through the presets playing my bass. I haven't put any synths or guitar through it yet.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiglo View Post
Speaking purely as an amateur, it's almost exactly what I was looking for. It isn't perfectly quiet, but as long as I close all the faders that aren't in use, then it's quiet enough for me.
I have had little to compare it to mind, besides 2x Roland MX-1's (which were very noisy)
Yeah, that helps on a number of counts...

Good to hear your take, the rackable format is part of its appeal too. Had a look at an MX-1 but wasnt convinced by the USB I/O ...surprised to hear that its noisy!

Cheers
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I just acquired a John Bowen Solaris. I am truly in synth heaven these days.

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum7 View Post

Thats not synth heaven, more like a synth brothel for slutz
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

This is supposed to be a follow-up to a post I thought I'd shared but now cannot find, so sorry if I'm repeating myself. On an impulse, my wife bought herself a ukulele a couple weeks so. As I've been playing it myself so I can learn it and teach her how to play (she's got no follow-through, so I doubt that's ever really going to happen), I've been having a lot of fun with it. So rather than steal it from her outright, I just bought this one to have for myself. I'm thinking about stashing it in a drawer at work so I can have it to mess with whenever I need a brain dump.
try this.. hardest ukulele song ever

Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum7 View Post

thats not so nice a set up in a not very good room, I feel not so very sorry for you
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
thats not so nice a set up in a not very good room, I feel not so very sorry for you
I know! I’m in pure hell!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

@ Quantum7 : So how's the VC340 after the honeymoon period?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
@ Quantum7 : So how's the VC340 after the honeymoon period?
I really like! It sounds 95% like a VP330, so for the $560 I paid, it was a steel in my book.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I’d been curious about this one for a minute, since I always liked that section of the Evolver when I had one and often ran external sources through it:

Saw it had been discontinued, and I found one for nearly half off the original price, so I decided to pull the trigger.

I got one of these in the other day because I was of the impression it was a clone of the Boss RV-5 (and as I foolishly flipped my RV-3 a few years ago I thought I’d try getting some of that magic back without spending much):

Think that one might be going back. I’ve been pretty happy with my other Behringer clones of Boss pedals ( the Dimension C and DM-2 clones), but all of the different reverb types on this one basically sound the same. Only had a quick go with it yesterday, but if I give it one more chance and still feel the same way it’s going back and I’m going to have to spend decent money on a reverb pedal.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Nothing too exciting for me, but after a long layoff, I'm finally putting together a small laptop based studio again. Picked up a TR-8 with the 7x7 expansion over the weekend. Can't wait for it to arrive to integrate it into Ableton!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
I’d been curious about this one for a minute, since I always liked that section of the Evolver when I had one and often ran external sources through it:

Saw it had been discontinued, and I found one for nearly half off the original price, so I decided to pull the trigger.

I got one of these in the other day because I was of the impression it was a clone of the Boss RV-5 (and as I foolishly flipped my RV-3 a few years ago I thought I’d try getting some of that magic back without spending much):

Think that one might be going back. I’ve been pretty happy with my other Behringer clones of Boss pedals ( the Dimension C and DM-2 clones), but all of the different reverb types on this one basically sound the same. Only had a quick go with it yesterday, but if I give it one more chance and still feel the same way it’s going back and I’m going to have to spend decent money on a reverb pedal.
Are there more at that price (Feedback module)?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
New kronos 61, dont know how to upload pics so how about a cop shaking his nightstick
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

since it's my birthday today I jus added this baby to my rig:

Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_soulcatcher View Post
Pittsbyorg FormLifes

And happy birthday to ya!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I love their older 1960s Power Plant aesthetic.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_soulcatcher View Post
since it's my birthday today I jus added this baby to my rig:

Did they fixed the tuning on these? Is it tracking nicely?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by battyroy View Post
Did they fixed the tuning on these? Is it tracking nicely?
I'll let u know when it's arrived.
FYI:
Refering to the reviews the device needs a warm up of approx. 15-20 minutes to work properly
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search