The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
July 2019 New Gear Thread
Old 18th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by flat View Post
Congrats.

Only thing I don't like about my OB6 is that everyone seems to be getting one.

It just sounds so good.
I am everybody, it's time to ditch them

had a play on it last night, just a great sound, great layout...strangely I think the Pro 2 is a better build and $3k might be pushing its value...but I think everything should be cheaper, its my nationalitys past time

Otherwise nearing finishing my setup...just about done....maybe one more
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
Lemur is software that allows you to design your own controllers for touchscreens. It’s pretty inexpensive, and IIRC it’s available for both iOS and Android. So, if you already have a compatible device it’s a very handy way to find a programmer from the user library and get to work.
Though no longer developed AFAIK, buyer beware if you use Lemur you may find yourself needing to hold on to an old device to use it in the future, who knows how long it will be before it’s no longer compatible with current mobile devices and their OS. I still have it on a first gen iPad.
Old 18th July 2019
Gear Addict
everything I bought in July is either sold or for sale already except a Casio vz10m and an emu p2500 so I feel the 90s gear thing
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
Though no longer developed AFAIK, buyer beware if you use Lemur you may find yourself needing to hold on to an old device to use it in the future, who knows how long it will be before it’s no longer compatible with current mobile devices and their OS. I still have it on a first gen iPad.
Yeah. I only use it only older devices myself, and its great at that.

Good point, though.
Old 19th July 2019
Gear Guru

pics please people...it's so boring to read what people bought..
Old 19th July 2019
Deleted c985153
Slut confession: I always f up my pic uploads
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Got one of these with the aluminium case free. Plus free delivery.
I have an sm58 but dont think it sounds that great. Wanted something that i can run a little hotter before feedback and something with a better sound. After researching various makes and models this one came out on top in its price range. £99 for a decent mic and a free case too.
Attached Thumbnails
July 2019 New Gear Thread-13038244_800.jpg  
Old 19th July 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt pinchin View Post
Got one of these with the aluminium case free. Plus free delivery.
I have an sm58 but dont think it sounds that great. Wanted something that i can run a little hotter before feedback and something with a better sound. After researching various makes and models this one came out on top in its price range. £99 for a decent mic and a free case too.
interesting, I've always thought the exact same thing, wanted one mic that had a powerful bright sound that you could drive a bit and not sound like crap, will have a look at this one, what made you buy it..?
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
interesting, I've always thought the exact same thing, wanted one mic that had a powerful bright sound that you could drive a bit and not sound like crap, will have a look at this one, what made you buy it..?
Compared it to other similar priced mics and to me i thought it was a bit better than the likes of sennheiser and certainly better than sm58. Also wanted super cardioid to reduce likelihood of feedback. Whether it can take life on the road like a 58 does is yet to be seen. It is a good solid mic though from a respected mic manufacturer.
Old 19th July 2019
Gear Addict

Still to take delivery (and pay, hah) but Im so happy...
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Delivered today:

Elektron Analog Drive.
Old 20th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasseru View Post
I love love love the sound of this thing - but 1: its a total CPU destroyer, and 2: do you find it hard to get the reverb to decay instantaneously? it confuses the hell out of me
I thought the same and went with Zynaptiq Wormhole. Much lower CPU usage, easier to use and works good in effect send/return for me.
Old 20th July 2019
Bought:
  • Eventide Blackhole -- goes nicely with my preferred reverb, Zynaptiq SUBSPACE in C mode
  • Muon Tau 2 -- for bass
  • Roland TB-3 -- for more bass
Attached Thumbnails
July 2019 New Gear Thread-p1040393.jpg  
Old 20th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannburkard View Post
I thought the same and went with Zynaptiq Wormhole. Much lower CPU usage, easier to use and works good in effect send/return for me.
I've got that as well. Made some interesting vocoder-like effects with it
Old 20th July 2019
Its taken a few years, and Ive got some stuff I dont use to get rid off but my quest is finished, my setup is complete...I shall no longer be participating in New Gear threads.

Good luck to everyone
Old 20th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Its taken a few years, and Ive got some stuff I dont use to get rid off but my quest is finished, my setup is complete...I shall no longer be participating in New Gear threads.

Good luck to everyone
See you next month.
Old 20th July 2019
Lives for gear

Got it off Amazon
Old 20th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

Good luck to everyone
Not even a new pedal? Pedals don’t count surely ...
Old 20th July 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:

Good luck to everyone
SEIZE HIM!

one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us...
Old 20th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

Good luck to everyone
Post nominated for the 2019 Gearslutz Comedy Awards.
Old 20th July 2019
Ye of little faith
Old 20th July 2019
3bc
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Good luck to everyone
I noticed quite a few great UAD plugins, and a distinct lack of UAD unison I/o to take full advantage of some of those channel strip plugins... some slut you are!
Old 20th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ye of little faith
Roland MT32s are cool again.
Old 20th July 2019
Lives for gear

Only bought blackhole for iOS this month.
I’ll probably grab the other eventide things next week.
Old 21st July 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:

Good luck to everyone
Well that will just not do at all... now who the fk am I gunna watch buy gear every week..????
Old 21st July 2019
No pics, but I did a GC (yech) order and grabbed a Black LE Keystep and an MXR Phase 100. Pleasure Principle here we come.
Old 21st July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ye of little faith
Have you started some kind of 32-step recovery program? (I figured you'd need to be able to fit at least two bars of sixteenth notes into any such program to be effective...)
Old 21st July 2019
Gear Guru

This is supposed to be a follow-up to a post I thought I'd shared but now cannot find, so sorry if I'm repeating myself. On an impulse, my wife bought herself a ukulele a couple weeks so. As I've been playing it myself so I can learn it and teach her how to play (she's got no follow-through, so I doubt that's ever really going to happen), I've been having a lot of fun with it. So rather than steal it from her outright, I just bought this one to have for myself. I'm thinking about stashing it in a drawer at work so I can have it to mess with whenever I need a brain dump.
Old 21st July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia View Post
Have you started some kind of 32-step recovery program? (I figured you'd need to be able to fit at least two bars of sixteenth notes into any such program to be effective...)
it's just so repetitive
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search