The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
July 2019 New Gear Thread
Old 15th July 2019
Taking a total leap here because all the debate has really piqued my curiosity. Will dutifully report back with my findings on how it plays with synths.
Attached Thumbnails
July 2019 New Gear Thread-juno_chorus1.jpg  
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbkrawler View Post
Taking a total leap here because all the debate has really piqued my curiosity. Will dutifully report back with my findings on how it plays with synths.
For the sake of all that's good in this world, post a lossless demo once you have it please.

Apparently heretofore it's been a global conspiracy to hide what it actually soinds like.
Old 15th July 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.I. Batule Chee View Post
Me four...
Me five

Missed out on a cheap JV-2080 by 2 hours because I decided to have a nap...

And I was hoping my JD-990 would have a playmate.

Old 15th July 2019
Gear Maniac

So far, this month is quite slutty for me...

Software:
- Eventide MangledVerb (I missed the previous sales, because I had other priorities and I already had the algo on the H9)
- Sonnox Envolution
- Plugin Alliance Triad (upgrade from Byome)

Hardware: I placed an order with:
- Doepfer MTV-16 (MIDI to CV interface: 16 control change to CV with 8 bit - 0 to 127 - resolution)
- 2x Mother-32 19" rack ears sets (I want to put them in a rack... these ears are not made by Moog; I hope they are worth the money)
- A Roland Boutique DK-01 for my SE-02 (even though I really hate paying that money for a piece of plastic)
- Minitaur wood sides (money spent just for aesthetic reasons... it's not my favourite way of spending money, but it was my only Moog device without the wood sides... by the way, I always though that I had to buy them someday, when I had no other, more serious, priorities)
- Cables. Quite a lot of them. A few midi cables (some of them angled), a few stackcables, some patch cables, some cable and connectors to diy my cables...
- A cable holder (of course!)
- Some cheap and "boring" pieces, like new foam for my old headphones, some nuts (some of them are coloured jack nuts, so I can color code the connections on my MoogerFoogers ), some mic stand pads...

Next steps:
- I will probably buy some additional pieces for my MTV-16 (I don't know if I have a suitable box at home or if I need to buy one; I also don't know if I have enough female jacks for the panel)
- I'm thinking about buying the Nembrini LoFi Vintage Clipper (I received an email of a discounted sale... and since I missed the free intro...)

Big downside of the month: I spent more than half month ill, so I didn't have any time to play with my new software toys (I was only able to purchase and authorize them )... now I recovered (more or less), so I hope to find some time to play.
Old 16th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
For the sake of all that's good in this world, post a lossless demo once you have it please.

Apparently heretofore it's been a global conspiracy to hide what it actually soinds like.
The plan is to record several parts with my Alpha Juno's internal effects and compare that to the Strymon "Juno II" preset, and finally the Juno Pedal. I will record the in 24 bit 96K straight into my Apollo 8.

Once and for all, we shall have an answer. For Science!!

..or sluttiness. Take your pick.
Old 16th July 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbkrawler View Post
The plan is to record several parts with my Alpha Juno's internal effects and compare that to the Strymon "Juno II" preset, and finally the Juno Pedal. I will record the in 24 bit 96K straight into my Apollo 8.

Once and for all, we shall have an answer. For Science!!

..or sluttiness. Take your pick.
Bless you, kind slut.
Old 16th July 2019
Gear Guru

I tried really hard to talk myself out of this, but dammit, I couldn't help it. I haven't even heard a demo of it that I've liked, but the potential of it keeps haunting me.

Old 16th July 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I tried really hard to talk myself out of this, but dammit, I couldn't help it. I haven't even heard a demo of it that I've liked, but the potential of it keeps haunting me.

You've got a stronger stomach than me. I don't think I could allow those graphics in my home.
Old 16th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post

nice one, was looking at that a couple of days ago too...will likely look at again tonight...
Old 16th July 2019
Gear Nut

A month or so ago I bought a Deepmind 12, picked up a Behringer Model D. Both quite nice.
About a month before the DM12 I bought a Korg R3 just to see if I really liked this kind of thing or not.
I have a Korg SQ-thingy sequencer on the way and a cheap mixer as well.

I'm very new to this kind of thing so not sure what everything does, I'm looking into drum machines next. I have a software one that mimicks the 808 on my ipad, that'll probably do for now.
Old 16th July 2019
Lives for gear

My first synth with a VCO (since my first synth: a CS1 then later a MS10) of recent times. Seems fairly pitch stable so-far.
Attached Thumbnails
July 2019 New Gear Thread-mam-mb33.jpg  
Old 16th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitable View Post
Me five

Missed out on a cheap JV-2080 by 2 hours because I decided to have a nap...

And I was hoping my JD-990 would have a playmate.
This happened to me when I missed a cheap TR-606, well kids bath meant I missed it, so the next day I decided to buy a TR-808.

If you follow a similar pattern then tomorrow I hope to see you announce your purchase of a Jupiter 8
Old 16th July 2019
Gear Maniac

So, today I bought some electronic components to compliment the MTV-16.

I don't know yet which circuits I will build (there will be some buffers for additional protection and gain, but I was thinking also about some smoothing circuits) and I'm undecided about the enclosure (I'd like to rack it); but at least I have (or should have most of) the pieces (female jacks, opamps...) needed for this project and I can start developing it in the evening after work.
Old 17th July 2019
Lives for gear
Attached Thumbnails
July 2019 New Gear Thread-img_1712.jpg  
Old 17th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyodyne View Post
NOW AT LAST I HAVE THE DIMENSION D FOR $140!
A Dimension D for $140 is surely going to win deal of the month, maybe the whole year.

You can't find them south of $1,000 over here.

Capslock hysteria almost excused.

Last edited by James Lehmann; 17th July 2019 at 02:50 PM..
Old 17th July 2019
Shes a beaut
Attached Thumbnails
July 2019 New Gear Thread-90108dde-8d46-4b31-b709-665da7dac6db.jpg  
Old 17th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Shes a beaut
Yes, that's a lovely carpet you have there.
Old 17th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse View Post
Yes, that's a lovely carpet you have there.
It is a beaut
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear

Really ties the room together
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headphones View Post
I’ve seen the Stereoping knob box for the Micron/Miniak, which I’m very tempted by. But a tad pricey at $425-450. And I had planned to invest in a Pioneer DJ mixer & a 2nd Technics 1200 for the fall. But I’ll look into it.
Lemur is software that allows you to design your own controllers for touchscreens. It’s pretty inexpensive, and IIRC it’s available for both iOS and Android. So, if you already have a compatible device it’s a very handy way to find a programmer from the user library and get to work.
Old 18th July 2019
I didn't buy a goddamned thing all month! I'M CURED!!!
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio460 View Post
Posted on July 17th...there’s still plenty of time to buy a $10,000 vintage synth left in this month
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
Lemur is software that allows you to design your own controllers for touchscreens. It’s pretty inexpensive, and IIRC it’s available for both iOS and Android. So, if you already have a compatible device it’s a very handy way to find a programmer from the user library and get to work.
Lemur is awesome.

I run it on one old iPad and one old iPhone, extra Sequencers/Controllers.
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by studio460 View Post
I can quit anytime I like.
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear

Only some loose ends. As kcearl says, at some point it's got to stop.

Though I am struggling with my GAS, have deleted my Ebay apps, and have to repeat to myself every morning that I do not need, nor want, nor have room for, nor can afford, new synths. And they are all deceptive lies, apart from the first concerning my need for them. Well, unfortunately I forgot to include controllers because I just bought a Keystep for my Korg M3m module. Not that I need one. It is controlled from my JD-XI, but last year I bought a midi merger box that I have not found use for yet, so why not buy a controller for M3m with aftertouch for the sake of retrospective sense making? Most of all, I think it is because they will look so wonderful together, and I have just room for it in front of my workstation babe.

Apart from that, I just bought Midi Solutions breath to midi converter at the beginning of the month to make my newly acquired BC1 make sense.

No more, Plz. Must resist GAS, must resist.
Old 18th July 2019
Gear Maniac
Sold my K-board, and realized that I need a small keyboard anyway. Enter the Microfreak .
Old 18th July 2019
Gear Guru

Financial mismanagement on my part means no Hypnosis right now. I fail at money.
Old 18th July 2019
Deleted c985153
Pretty slutty month for me too...

Dreadbox Medusa
Modal Skulpt
Microfreak
Gfi Specular reverb
Vermona vsr-3.2
Korg sq1

Both verbs I have wanted for a very long time, and I happened to sell some gear just before a 10% off sale. Very pleased with both of them!
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Shes a beaut
Congrats.

Only thing I don't like about my OB6 is that everyone seems to be getting one.

It just sounds so good.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search