The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
July 2019 New Gear Thread
Old 9th July 2019
  #91
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin1971 View Post
I bought one of these:

(not my pic)

Why? I want to learn how to work with a sound processor and especially a multiband compressor. Because of the brand name, these go for very little money, and it doesn't sound too bad at all. And if it's anything like my V-Verb pro, I won't be complaining.
I also have to play around with the exciter and tube emulations. I think I will be in the 'what does this button do?' phase for quite some time
I have one. Gave $30 for it when I bought a used 8space SKB. I use it for a cheap Spectrum Analyzer. Probably does a lot more.
Old 9th July 2019
  #92
Lives for gear
 
Xero's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyodyne View Post
I always wanted the SDD-320, but never had the money and watched them steadily go up from $600 to $1300 these days...

Then the Sereph Deluxe pedal came out for $350, so I started saving up for one...

Then Boss came out with the DC-2w for $240, so I put one in my basket at Sweetwater for when they come back in stock...

Then, last week on a whim I searched Amazon and found a DC-2w on back-order for $140 new!

AND NOW AT LAST I HAVE THE DIMENSION D! FOR $140!!

I AM SO FCUKING HAPPY!
Are SDD-320 really selling for $1300 lol that's crazy....I have a bunch of that old roland effects line and I've been tempted to start letting them go.

I just found when i bought mine in 2011. I paid $640 + $120 shipping from japan. HAH!

I think my new mixer has a sdd-320 chorus copy in it...I've been tempted to compare it and possibly sell my sdd-320....not sure. My son sure likes pressing those pop-out buttons on it, though. LMFAO. You're missing those from that boss pedal! Hahaha.

hell it's even tempting to sell the svc-350 for the vc340, I really wanted a vp330 anyway. I don't think i will do that, though.
Old 10th July 2019
  #93
Sold some stuff ( Akai mfc 42 ; Zoom H2n ...) to buy an Octatrack mk1 . Found a great deal today .

PEACE


MORDICUS
Attached Thumbnails
July 2019 New Gear Thread-a4630bdd-c0d5-4fa6-bed5-60bd1e3a2070.jpg  
4
Share
Old 10th July 2019
  #94
Lives for gear
 
Xero's Avatar
Ok so this doesnt make sound. But it DISPLAYS sound okay? Plus it looks as if it was meant to go with my ashly stuff haha.
Attached Thumbnails
July 2019 New Gear Thread-20190709_173025.jpg  
4
Share
Old 10th July 2019
  #95
I'm definitely a pedal slut. Just picked up this beauty:


It's my second RML pedal and man do I love these things. The controllable feedback circuit is just too much fun. I've attached a real quick demo of a little DRM1 drum loop with the kick and snare running through the Electron Fuzz Custom (hi hats are unprocessed). It starts and ends the dry loop with the EFC mangling it in between. I bet you can guess at what point I engaged the x1000
Attached Files

rml_efc_drums.wav (5.27 MB, 1253 views)

4
Share
Old 10th July 2019
  #96
Lives for gear
 
trick fall's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopthesignal View Post
I'm definitely a pedal slut. Just picked up this beauty:


It's my second RML pedal and man do I love these things. The controllable feedback circuit is just too much fun. I've attached a real quick demo of a little DRM1 drum loop with the kick and snare running through the Electron Fuzz Custom (hi hats are unprocessed). It starts and ends the dry loop with the EFC mangling it in between. I bet you can guess at what point I engaged the x1000

That woke my dog up, but very cool.
Old 10th July 2019
  #97
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopthesignal View Post
I'm definitely a pedal slut. Just picked up this beauty:


It's my second RML pedal and man do I love these things. The controllable feedback circuit is just too much fun. I've attached a real quick demo of a little DRM1 drum loop with the kick and snare running through the Electron Fuzz Custom (hi hats are unprocessed). It starts and ends the dry loop with the EFC mangling it in between. I bet you can guess at what point I engaged the x1000
I guess real VU meters and that old copper finish were getting too expensive. Now it's cartoon VUs and a new livery altogether. Interesting transition.
Old 10th July 2019
  #98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
I guess real VU meters and that old copper finish were getting too expensive. Now it's cartoon VUs and a new livery altogether. Interesting transition.
No, it's just one of several new options. This is a "mini" variation that he makes available, but he still makes the full size version with the real VU meter. This version is an option for people willing to sacrifice the VU meter for a much more compact size, which was of importance to me. It's available in a couple of different finishes.
2
Share
Old 10th July 2019
  #99
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopthesignal View Post
No, it's just one of several new options. This is a "mini" variation that he makes available, but he still makes the full size version with the real VU meter. This version is an option for people willing to sacrifice the VU meter for a much more compact size, which was of importance to me. It's available in a couple of different finishes.
Awesome, then. Right on.
Old 11th July 2019
  #100
Lives for gear
 
A.I. Batule Chee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
I guess real VU meters and that old copper finish were getting too expensive. Now it's cartoon VUs and a new livery altogether. Interesting transition.
I recall seeing a video that said that the VU meter wasn't really functional, just a gimmick. Cool nonetheless.
1
Share
Old 11th July 2019
  #101
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.I. Batule Chee View Post
I recall seeing a video that said that the VU meter wasn't really functional, just a gimmick. Cool nonetheless.
Don't crush muh dreams, mannn
Old 11th July 2019
  #102
Gear Maniac
 
-groovatious-'s Avatar
 

4
Share
Old 11th July 2019
  #103
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
I got nothing...again.
3
Share
Old 11th July 2019
  #104
Lives for gear
 
A.I. Batule Chee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Don't crush muh dreams, mannn
Ooops, sorry!
Old 11th July 2019
  #105
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
I got nothing...again.
you dont need anything, youve got talent
1
Share
Old 11th July 2019
  #106
Lives for gear
 
rasseru's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Buddha View Post
More plugins bought at lovely summer sales discounts.





They should have called this one "The Total Incrediverb." I would describe it, scientifically, as a reverbical hyper-awesomizer, and I would also recommend it to anyone with similar inclinations to mine.
I love love love the sound of this thing - but 1: its a total CPU destroyer, and 2: do you find it hard to get the reverb to decay instantaneously? it confuses the hell out of me
Old 11th July 2019
  #107
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.I. Batule Chee View Post
I recall seeing a video that said that the VU meter wasn't really functional, just a gimmick. Cool nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Don't crush muh dreams, mannn
The VU meters are semi-functional, in that they are wired up at a particular stage in the circuit and the needle moves according to the input at that stage, but they are entirely unnecessary for the pedal to function, they don't really give you a "meaningful" readout, and the vintage ones he uses may very well stop working at any point.

But dang they look so cool. Seriously. I love the VU meter on my 432k Rev2. It was an internal struggle to sacrifice the VU meter and go for the mini EFC, but the space I had for it really made the decision in the end. Of course, now I have GAS for the Studio version of the EFC which is just gorgeous (because I've convinced myself I do actually have some space in one of my racks ):
4
Share
Old 11th July 2019
  #108
Best bit of kit I've bought in a long time. I'm quite chuffed with this thing. However it does want to dominate the mix. Doesn't seem to play well with others. Kind of like the Sub37, but this thing is out of this galaxy. It's just a weird fvcking thing. Very well suited for percussive type sh|t.



Warning - Crap iphone audio. Haven't got around to recording this yet.

7
Share
Old 11th July 2019
  #109
Lives for gear
 
rasseru's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_rock View Post
Best bit of kit I've bought in a long time. I'm quite chuffed with this thing. However it does want to dominate the mix. Doesn't seem to play well with others. Kind of like the Sub37, but this thing is out of this galaxy. It's just a weird fvcking thing. Very well suited for percussive type sh|t.



Warning - Crap iphone audio. Haven't got around to recording this yet.


Ha That looks crazy fun
Old 11th July 2019
  #110
Lives for gear
 
matt pinchin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 4c3c464 View Post
Ever since my MC # got stolen in November 2018
Someone stole your McDonald's? Geez some people will nick anything
Old 11th July 2019
  #111
Lives for gear
 
NEXUS-6's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
I got nothing...again.
Me too..
Old 11th July 2019
  #112
Lives for gear
 
rasseru's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEXUS-6 View Post
Me too..
Me three. I'm enjoying my stuff enough
2
Share
Old 11th July 2019
  #113
Kja
Lives for gear
I got a pair of Shure se425's, I never thought I would spend $250 on in ear monitors but it's a slippery slope and I do think they are decent enough to not need to upgrade them in the future.. plus you can get different filters for them to get them more bassy or more mid-range etc. Out the box y have a decent flat response but are not particularly fatigueing and fun to listen to. They will be good for on the go music production!! Perfect with my opz!
1
Share
Old 12th July 2019
  #114
Lives for gear
 
A.I. Batule Chee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasseru View Post
Me three. I'm enjoying my stuff enough
Me four...
Old 14th July 2019
  #115
Just picked up an Akai Miniak yesterday, and a SP404 Friday. I’ve had these on layaway, but I paid both off. The Miniak has a great sound, but a crap user interface. I picked it up from a pawn shop near my work for $126. And the SP404 I got for a great bargain of $150.
4
Share
Old 15th July 2019
  #116
Lives for gear
 

Just ordered these panels for my Mannequins modules:






The dude who makes them is a friend from another forum who built my Triple Sloths (and sent me one of his sexy black panels for it for free already), and he offered me a nice price on the Mannequins panels so I couldn’t say no. Looking forward to blacking out a whole row on one my my cases with these...it’s just aesthetics I guess, but it matters.

Last edited by Accent; 15th July 2019 at 08:27 AM..
2
Share
Old 15th July 2019
  #117
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headphones View Post
Just picked up an Akai Miniak yesterday, and a SP404 Friday. I’ve had these on layaway, but I paid both off. The Miniak has a great sound, but a crap user interface. I picked it up from a pawn shop near my work for $126. And the SP404 I got for a great bargain of $150.
I’ve never used a Miniak, but it’s one of those things I get a hankering for every 6 months or so...IIRC, there’s a Lemur template for it if you have a compatible device. Might make it a bit easier to get into.
Old 15th July 2019
  #118
Lives for gear
 
Moonwhistle's Avatar
 

Another Xvive delay.



But more interesting, that little Joyo thing to convert USB to 9v 400ma to power guitar pedals.
6
Share
Old 15th July 2019
  #119
I finaly found a Solton Programmer-24 for a semi-realistic price. Defective, though (sold as defective - not a scammer).
Wish me luck my local tech can bring it to life again...

Oh, and I bought an Akai Timbre Wolf (modded, without keyboard, angled desktop now) for cheap (hasn't arrived yet).
I'm totally into super-minimal sound engines; they often make perfect FX fodder (I learnt that with Fugue Machine's inbuilt sound engine).

Cheers,
Bert
4
Share
Old 15th July 2019
  #120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
I’ve never used a Miniak, but it’s one of those things I get a hankering for every 6 months or so...IIRC, there’s a Lemur template for it if you have a compatible device. Might make it a bit easier to get into.
I’ve seen the Stereoping knob box for the Micron/Miniak, which I’m very tempted by. But a tad pricey at $425-450. And I had planned to invest in a Pioneer DJ mixer & a 2nd Technics 1200 for the fall. But I’ll look into it.
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump