The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
July 2019 New Gear Thread
Old 3rd July 2019
I bought Wavestation Collection and MS-20 Collection from Korg. They are cool!
Old 3rd July 2019
Lives for gear

not a gear itself, but closely related.
ordered this:

July 2019 New Gear Thread-x-future_customized.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Old 3rd July 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaocrator View Post
not a gear itself, but closely related.
ordered this:

can i find it somewhere online?
Old 3rd July 2019
Here for the gear

Just got the Reface CS. Instantly loved it. Wish to to god they would make a full size, with patch memory.
Old 4th July 2019
Seems I was premature in swearing of Behringer

Bought a VC340

Feel dirty.
Old 4th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse View Post
FYI on the long run the PX3000 connections will corrode and the patches will get wonky because of the switches.
IMHO you'd better off with the Neutrik NYS SPP-L1. I've replaced all my shabby PX3000 with the Neutrik ones and never looked back.
I did the same moving away from the Neutrik’s some years back. All sorts of headaches, they were garbage. For 1/4” TRS I moved over to the Samson S-Patch series and don’t hear a peep out of them except for the expected unmolested signal.
Old 4th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGiovanni88 View Post
can i find it somewhere online?
https://output.com/platform

Looks like one of these. Or a copy of one of these?
Old 4th July 2019
Gear Maniac
Picked up an MPC Live (among some other gear). Unsure if I am going to keep it. The Digitakt, Akai Pro Force, and the Push 2 are all things I’m considering instead. (Also first post)
Old 4th July 2019
Lives for gear

Ordered one of these:

And one of these:

More Triggers just made sense since I’m already a fan of the NerdSEQ and it will make drum programming that much easier. The midi merge is so I can program the Nord Drum 3P from either my Squarp Pyramid or using triggers from the trigger to midi box I have (hence justifying the “More Triggers” expander), while simultaneously being able to use the awesome M4L editor I found for the 3P to dial in sounds, and without faffing around with swapping cables.
Old 4th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseface View Post
https://output.com/platform
Looks like one of these. Or a copy of one of these?
indeed, seems to be a clone.
mine particular unit (on the pic) is narrower than prototype and has some minor additions/changes (shelf for PreenFM2 in the middle and rounded corners).
Old 4th July 2019
Gear Guru

Already had I and II and now it's time for III.

edit: for clarification, it's the 8DIO Hybrid Tools Kontakt library. Their stuff is pure catnip. You don't even have to be writing film scores, and it's loads of great material.
Attached Thumbnails
July 2019 New Gear Thread-hybrid-tools-iii.jpg  

Last edited by Yoozer; 4th July 2019 at 02:23 PM..
Old 4th July 2019
Lives for gear

Got a new table for my eurorack and related kit.

Up until today it sat on a coffee table and I sat on the floor to mess with it. That wasn't exactly terrible, but certainly less than ideal, so I got a standing-height "workbench", same exact foot print as the coffee table they were on, 5ft x 18", but with a lower shelf and some drawers I've yet to install.

Big upgrade, stylistically and ergonomically.

Cheap, too, all things considered.

Each case is 24" wide, btw, and that bottom shelf (Left to Right...) is the TR-626, the Volca Sample with the Zillion behind it, the MMT-8, and finally the TX-7, all a near perfect fit on that lower shelf, and none I need quick access to often... extra great since this is only a temporary table for this gear. I'll be building a black-iron-pipe based table for them that matches some others I have already but that project is a few months off. Until then:

Old 4th July 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital 1010 View Post
Im in no way affiliated with this shop but just got an email from Andertons to say they have an epic deal on new soundcraft GB8 48 channel mixers if anyone was thinking of getting an analog mixer this month, reduced by £3000 to £1299. Not a clue if its any good but thought id pass it on if anyone interested. Sorry if not supposed to be here but thought best place to post it.
That's what I use. I'd recommend it. Full size, though, if you're short on space. Mine sits on top of 3 racks and covers them all.
Old 4th July 2019
Lives for gear

Just got another Yamaha TX81Z which is my 3rd. After experiencing the joys of 8 stacked and slightly detuned DX7s with my TX816, I thought I would try stacking with TX81z's since you can get them on the cheap.
Old 4th July 2019
Gear Maniac

$49 deal was pulling my chain too long.

Old 4th July 2019
Lives for gear

Thanks a LOT, tjontheroad.
Old 4th July 2019
Gear Maniac
Returned the MPC Live and got the Akai Force, minilogue xd, drumbrute, and deepmind 12d. (So the return cost me a lot)
Old 4th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasspike View Post
Just got another Yamaha TX81Z which is my 3rd. After experiencing the joys of 8 stacked and slightly detuned DX7s with my TX816, I thought I would try stacking with TX81z's since you can get them on the cheap.
You could control them with a DX11, a 100% compatible synth but with an extra pitch envelope.
Old 4th July 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Buddha View Post

Thanks a LOT, tjontheroad.
No problem brother. Anytime
Old 4th July 2019
Gear Nut

Picked up a near cosmetically perfect Yamaha AN1x this week. I've had this synth on my radar for a while and the deal found me. The circumstances were very similar to like the Bass Station 2 deal I found late May. I need to stop doing stuff like that because I have too much gear to learn and work into my sound!
Old 4th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by papasan View Post
Picked up a near cosmetically perfect Yamaha AN1x this week. I've had this synth on my radar for a while and the deal found me. The circumstances were very similar to like the Bass Station 2 deal I found late May. I need to stop doing stuff like that because I have too much gear to learn and work into my sound!
I buy stuff like that a lot...play with it once then put it aside for a rainy day....luckily we get a lot of rainy days to explore previous purchases... always fancied an AN1x myself
Old 4th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjontheroad View Post
$49 deal was pulling my chain too long.

I cant buy it...its a great price but at some point its got to stop whats your first impressions? I think theres a day left
Old 5th July 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
I cant buy it...its a great price but at some point its got to stop whats your first impressions? I think theres a day left
Yeah, I don’t really “need” it either. I have UVI Falcon for my wavetable crave. But, Pigments does have an easy interface and sounds great.
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

just took a $700 gamble on a Pearl Syncussion SY-1 on Reverb. It looked in excellent cosmetic shape but it was sold as is/untested, supposedly no power supply and came with a ton of other gear, sounds like maybe an estate acquisition. I made an offer and he took it,

fingers crossed
Attached Thumbnails
July 2019 New Gear Thread-syncuss.jpg  
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by astraeus000 View Post
just took a $700 gamble on a Pearl Syncussion SY-1 on Reverb. It looked in excellent cosmetic shape but it was sold as is/untested, supposedly no power supply and came with a ton of other gear, sounds like maybe an estate acquisition. I made an offer and he took it,

fingers crossed
I don’t mean to give you buyers remorse, but Subconscious Communications are working on a SY-1 clone that should be out this year or maybe early next year, with some modern features to boot. Not saying you should cancel your purchase of an original, only that you might want to look at what’s coming and decide accordingly.
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
I don’t mean to give you buyers remorse, but Subconscious Communications are working on a SY-1 clone that should be out this year or maybe early next year, with some modern features to boot. Not saying you should cancel your purchase of an original, only that you might want to look at what’s coming and decide accordingly.
yep, I was thinking about clones but most of them even the used ones go for more than $700. Also I like the demos of original better.
Old 6th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by astraeus000 View Post
yep, I was thinking about clones but most of them even the used ones go for more than $700. Also I like the demos of original better.
I think the original in this case is still best. sold mine eventually to finance eurorack modules and still use the pharmasonic clone, but none of the clones i heard so far come 100% close.

fingers crossed for you, but even if some things turn out to be slightly defunct, syncussions are halfway easy to service, repair, and to mod also...
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

I like to be between 10-30 years behind with technology. I have old retro computers, my DAW is from 2005 (though I bought a slightly newer version of Cubase I will be using soon) so with tha in mind, I just ordered an old IPad 2 and an Alesis IO Dock, so I can enter the world of IPad synths, and mainly, the Synclavier Go app.

Exciting synthesis potential for a pittance!
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderbeanz View Post
I like to be between 10-30 years behind with technology. I have old retro computers, my DAW is from 2005 (though I bought a slightly newer version of Cubase I will be using soon) so with tha in mind, I just ordered an old IPad 2 and an Alesis IO Dock, so I can enter the world of IPad synths, and mainly, the Synclavier Go app.

Exciting synthesis potential for a pittance!

Some of that retro **** is cool and costs almost nothing at the moment. Like the Roland VG8 I got...1995 but damn.
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
Some of that retro **** is cool and costs almost nothing at the moment. Like the Roland VG8 I got...1995 but damn.
Yeah 1995 **** is cheap.

I got a 1997 laptop for £35 and a serial/parallel port midi interface for another £5, just to program my Nord G1, and take the load off the computer.

The IPad might also remove some load, and give me new synths. My PC is now 11 years old and I might need to replace it soon...but I’d probably build a Windows XP dream machine lol, max spec it could handle!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search