The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
July 2019 New Gear Thread
Old 1st August 2019
Lives for gear

Meh, all I bought was a used Boss DF-2, and I didn't even take a pic. Hope August brings a more bountiful harvest
Old 1st August 2019
Lives for gear

what i'm definitely planning is EHX Mod Rex.
but … won't happen this month and probably next too. i already used my overdraft for Tetra
Old 1st August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricera View Post
Haha. I'm always getting fooled by "new gear" posts on Synthopia too. Wish they'd stop making them so realistic.
My theory is that if all new plugins had no slick looking interface and were all something boring like a simple spreadsheet to edit values that about 75% of all plugin users would no longer find them satisfactory sounding.

I think the Tape Saturation plugin looking like a Tape Machine goes a long way to helping people feel like the sound is the same. Like those taste tests where people can't tell what flavor clear Jello is when it does indeed have flavor (but no Orange or Purple coloring).

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.
Old 1st August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
That's my goal for August.
So what did you buy today?

I am trying to put some cash aside for the Sheffield Synth show in early October. I don't think there is anywhere local that sells modular stuff and I'd like to try before I buy rather than sending stuff back that I'm not keen on.
Old 1st August 2019
Lives for gear

I only bought the bench for my eurorack in July.

Not bad.

August will be lean, but I have one module with a custom faceplate that I ordered in July which is ready now, so I'll pay for it tomorrow, and maybe one more module during August.
Old 1st August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by and you know View Post
So what did you buy today?
You ever hear of somebody getting paid, and they forgot that it was payday because they're operating on a comfortable amount of money? That was me yesterday. Except the reason I forgot it was payday was because the money I was paid didn't even leave me enough to buy a Subway sammich after bills were paid. I really can't complain. The last couple years have been a blur of spending. It's about time I paid somebody back for all that money spent.
Old 1st August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaocrator View Post
my 1st analog machine.
my 1st monophonic machine.
my 1st time when i bought gear without preliminary manual studying.
Meh. I was never a fan of neither Mopho or Tetra. Speaking of early DSI stuff, IMO Evolver is a ticket to go. Even a desktop will give you endless mileage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv-XslQvhYY
https://youtu.be/3cuQXSGnUnU?t=488
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCFO0l6jKhk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTNmqVrHOio

Or if you win lottery, PEK is king (overkill at times). Not many units were built, so their price remains. They will never be cheap because of unique design / sound.
Old 1st August 2019
bax
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
...IMO Evolver is a ticket to go

They will never be cheap because of unique design / sound.

I never really "got it" about the Evolver until I became very curious and got a Mono Evolver (keyboard) earlier this year. I ignored the Evo when it first came out, I guess because I though a mono would be "too limited" and also I thought the Evo was just weird in general. It is now one of my most favorite synths of all time because it is so unique and is also very immediate and fun to use. I don't think I would ever get rid of it unless Sequential eventually delivers something like a "Revolver" that keeps the same spirit but betters it somehow...

Evo is so worth the $$$, even today.
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Guru

I wanted so badly to love the Evolver, but that issue with encoders dying within weeks of getting it home ruined the entire DSI experience. I tried to let that go when I bought a Rev2 in hopes that the build quality got better, and while the knobs were better, there were other aspects that had gotten worse. I just can't trust the old dude to make decent gear anymore.
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Head

Well, if there ends up being a September 2019 new gear thread, I'll be posting in it towards the end of sept if everything goes ok and my Bodessey gets here.
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaocrator View Post
what i'm definitely planning is EHX Mod Rex.
but … won't happen this month and probably next too. i already used my overdraft for Tetra
The Mod Rex is one of my favorite pedals and I can't believe I don't hear more people talking about it. It's great for adding stereo interest to a mono synth.
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo668 View Post
Well, if there ends up being a September 2019 new gear thread, I'll be posting in it towards the end of sept if everything goes ok and my Bodessey gets here.
Sorry, we held a vote and unanimously decided that the last time anyone would purchase gear was August 2019.
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Meh. I was never a fan of neither Mopho or Tetra.
for me & my rig, Tetra works well — it delivers enough goa trance magic right out of the box and inspires me to do goa.
that's the point. none of my VA machines have that much special goa magic.

btw, it's paired with Blofeld with Analog Voltage soundset

regarding Mopho … i never was fan of any unitimbral machine they all take too much space per timbre in a backpack.

Quote:
Speaking of early DSI stuff, IMO Evolver is a ticket to go. Even a desktop will give you endless mileage:
really interesting. i probably would buy it someday.
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
Sorry, we held a vote and unanimously decided that the last time anyone would purchase gear was August 2019.

Well, that's me knackered then.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search