The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Speculation on the next Sequential instrument
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Well, sure, but I only meant in level of matrix depth and flexibility, that's always been a Waldorf trademark and something Sequential could also bring back more to their future work. Plus of course it would have the Sequential sound. I wouldn't want to see them chasing others, at all. But they've certainly addressed the simple architecture, beautiful sound in their recent work. Time to do something ambitious in the more purely analogue, non-sampling realm.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

I have one secret... Know what it is? It’s gonna be great!
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlights View Post
I have one secret... Know what it is? It’s gonna be great!
Pandora told me that line of hope before

Last edited by namnibor; 1 day ago at 02:22 AM.. Reason: Beer
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
Pandora told me that line of hope before
Maybe false hope?
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

“Sequential Pandora’s Box”
Old 1 day ago
Gear Head
How about an Ob M12?

A revision of the Matrix 12 with 5 Octaves and that same gorgeous look, even with Green lit digital text but using a modern high res OLED.

Ok...ok... here we go....

Sequential OB M12

As above, it takes the best bits OB6, Pro 2 (sequencer, dual filter and Mod depth) and the Oberheim Matrix 12 - sound, Mod Matrix, depth

Maybe ad digital Osc from the P12?

Bring Tom back in to work on it
Old 17 hours ago
Gear Maniac

love to see a Pro 3 but 8 note poly and maybe shifted more toward the sound quality of the Ob6 , just making sure the control sequencer is in it.

Why no dave smith synths with tht Pro 2 control sequencer ?
Old 17 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf studios View Post
love to see a Pro 3 but 8 note poly and maybe shifted more toward the sound quality of the Ob6 , just making sure the control sequencer is in it.

Why no dave smith synths with tht Pro 2 control sequencer ?
Why no DSI standalone Pro2 sequencer with full midi/cv/gate and made in form factor that could be used as euro rack or tabletop?
Old 13 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberheim View Post
How about an Ob M12?

A revision of the Matrix 12 with 5 Octaves and that same gorgeous look, even with Green lit digital text but using a modern high res OLED.

Ok...ok... here we go....

Sequential OB M12

As above, it takes the best bits OB6, Pro 2 (sequencer, dual filter and Mod depth) and the Oberheim Matrix 12 - sound, Mod Matrix, depth

Maybe ad digital Osc from the P12?

Bring Tom back in to work on it
A take on the Matrix 12 or better yet a high end 4 voice with working patch memory (they can ditch the sequencer IMO) would get my attention. We know Tom has most of the work done for the latter as he teased the Son of 4 Voice a few years ago but never made it into production. Or the eurorack SEM voice that was also shown in prototype but if Dave Smith is smart, and we all know he is, I doubt his new flagship product will be an Oberheim legacy design. I think we've seen all the Oberheim we're going to get.
Old 13 hours ago
I always wanted a P12 module. I am afraid to buy one now though as they may release an improved version. Or maybe something completely different then I miss out on the P12 once remains stock is sold out. What to do.
Old 12 hours ago
Gear Addict

Yeah, a modern version of Xpander/Matrix12 could make sense now that Toms own product development seem to have slowed down (stopped?).
They would then have a more high-end (feature wise) Oberheim product that has not yet been cloned by some other company. The OB-6 sales might take a hit when Behringer eventually releases their UB-XA. Allthough they are different, they will certainly both be considered by someone that is after the big Oberheim poly sound. A modern take on the Xpander would be a completely different product.
Old 7 hours ago
Gear Head
This has really sparked my imagination. Can you imagine a fully modern recreation of the Matrix 12 - with the ability to pan each voice in the spectrum, parallel and serial dual filters, bitimbral - stack/split, Combined with the complexity and depth of the Pro 2’s note and mod sequencer (which the M12 never had!!) two VCO’s or DCOs and a third FPGA that handles complex wavetables... and finally... the FPGA can be also used as an LFO below the audio range, so that a wavetable could shape the LFO for all manor of interesting modulations.... is this even
Possible?!

Take my money!!!!!!! $$$$$$
Old 7 hours ago
Being that there is a pro 2 and prophet 12 sized hole in their line up, i could see the new synth having expandable voice cards somewhat like the rev 2, but maybe in groups of 4 or something. Ie: a pro 4 with additional 4 voice cards and maybe even different filter add one available. Im also thinking (hoping) we'll see at least 1 vco in their with the digital oscillators.
Old 3 hours ago
Lives for gear

That's an interesting idea, mix VCOs with DCOs. Could provide some interesting choices.

Ah well, we shall see soon enough!
Old 2 hours ago
I want a new Evolver.

Coolest and quirkiest synth ever. That synth has the strangest gain - staging but sounded big and unique and didn’t rely on the past. What a wonderful instrument.

Mine was stolen years ago BTW. I’m always on the hunt for a mono keys with pots. I miss that synth.
Old 1 hour ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomiBabi View Post
I want a new Evolver. Coolest and quirkiest synth ever.
I love mine. It can do so much! It is underrated for pure DCO-based analog sounds. It is a shockingly great analog monosynth.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search