The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer's New Synth (ARP 2600 clone?)
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Was it a lawnmower? Maybe a moped?
The garden tool obsession plagues you since quite some time now.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
The garden tool obsession plagues you since quite some time now.
I hate being a homeowner. It really changes you.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I hate being a homeowner. It really changes you.
Yea. You start having serious discussion abut the merits of 48V battery blowers vs 24 volt
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolk martin View Post
Yea. You start having serious discussion abut the merits of 48V battery blowers vs 24 volt
Even owning a Leaf Blower is a soul crushing thing, to an extent, likely more the result of some kooky neighborhood rule about unkept yards than some burning desire ro operate lawn equipment.

It's part of why I love Mountain living. No "yard", no sidewalk or driveway to de-leaf, just "property" and the natural landscape. I am happier, legitimately. I don't think I will ever go back.

I like cities, too. Just not suburbs w yardwork. Give me a loft downtown or a rural/mountain spot.
Old 4 weeks ago
< allright - back to topic please >
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

does Behringer make a leaf blower yet?

might come in handy, for drone/ambient music
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Big cover issue on SOS by Gordon Reid singing the praises of the Korg Arp 2600 FS.

It didn't say it was not generally available and it
didn't have any issues with the ridiculous price tag, saying it was a cheaper than an original (actually listed as one of the 'pros')
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks bolero View Post

A vacuum might be nice for "Hoover" sounds too and, unlike a leaf blower it could be used to clean the studio.

I know, back to the topic.

I have an old 19" desktop rack and was wondering what to do with it. Now I know.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
Big cover issue on SOS by Gordon Reid singing the praises of the Korg Arp 2600 FS.

It didn't say it was not generally available and it
didn't have any issues with the ridiculous price tag, saying it was a cheaper than an original (actually listed as one of the 'pros')
They'll really rave when the behringer 2600 comes out! Or they'll ingnore it. That's how the review business works. Same way with high-end stereo equipment.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by labjr View Post
They'll really rave when the behringer 2600 comes out! Or they'll ingnore it. That's how the review business works. Same way with high-end stereo equipment.
the new dac is much better than the old one, which is mostly the level of professional review, asks doty, who has given his honest opinion privately. basically everything is always great no matter what it is.
I still don't understand the advertising campaign itself. why advertise an unavailable product, a waste of money.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
SOS is simply paid advertising dressed up as reviews.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ View Post
these are all music magazines, just like the top reviewers.
nobody makes a finger crumb without money.
Old 4 weeks ago
DGL
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ View Post
Umm nope, they don't charge for reviews (which is rare) and if something is crap they'll either say so or not bother publishing the review.

SOS are professionals and it shows, plus the reviews are written by actual experts. Lets not forget Gordon Reid, who wrote the 2600 review, is a proper synth nut proven by his ownership of a GX-1!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGL View Post
Umm nope, they don't charge for reviews (which is rare) and if something is crap they'll either say so or not bother publishing the review.

SOS are professionals and it shows, plus the reviews are written by actual experts. Lets not forget Gordon Reid, who wrote the 2600 review, is a proper synth nut proven by his ownership of a GX-1!
no they are only financed by advertising ...certainly has no influence, lol
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Even owning a Leaf Blower is a soul crushing thing, to an extent, likely more the result of some kooky neighborhood rule about unkept yards than some burning desire ro operate lawn equipment.

It's part of why I love Mountain living. No "yard", no sidewalk or driveway to de-leaf, just "property" and the natural landscape. I am happier, legitimately. I don't think I will ever go back.

I like cities, too. Just not suburbs w yardwork. Give me a loft downtown or a rural/mountain spot.
Leaf blowers are for idiots.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks bolero View Post

Or for cooling Moog One...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I'll wait and see if Korg actually releases the leaked mini version of their 2600. I still suspect they might, and are waiting to time it to compete with Behringer's release later in the year. I was sold on the Behringer but this is a bit too much. The acid video was pure garish cringe but I could look past it. Like ah, you think your market is a bit gullible and want to trade on some ancient cultural capital. But this was just weird.... like, you think your market is.. mean spirited and spiteful? And doesn't believe in.. free speech or journalism?? No one told this guy that the best way to deal with your critics is just ignore them and get on with your work?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
I have two so phasing cancels them out...phew
wow, you could get your two leaf blowers, and then detune one!!

then what..

back OT: that was a pretty dumb PR move by Behringer
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt pinchin View Post
Damn I can't watch it. I think it's been taken down
its reuploaded
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Ok so I thought this was to make fun of KORG and the limited edition 2600 FS because KIRN seemed close enough and therefore found it hillarious (after the many corksniffer memes in the 2600 thread), but if this really was aimed at the journalist, the VC340 was my first and last Behringer product.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Anybody want to buy my Behry synths?

Just kidding. I love any company that isn't afraid of its customers. I'm doubling down and getting another Pro 1.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Anybody want to buy my Behry synths?

Just kidding. I love any company that isn't afraid of its customers. I'm doubling down and getting another Pro 1.
i hate B. because of which I buy modular now .. that's their fault .. wtf system 55 damned system 100m, but still better than steroids.
Incidentally, I only have 3 synths from B, much more from roLand Korg Doepfer novation, all companies that take your soul away
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Looks like aisle 7 will be cleansed soon
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

They'll post their outrage and still buy a Behringer 2600. We will all buy a 2600.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveItAll View Post
They'll post their outrage and still buy a Behringer 2600. We will all buy a 2600.
Nope.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Looks like Reptil's busy with the people who
don't want to adjust their undergarments and move on
Old 4 weeks ago
< moderator message - You see a massive cleanup. We're sorry for the heavy-handed moderation, but it was necessary. Behringer releasing that video and all the reactions on it, it clearly created a disturbance in the force. But we're hosting a forum for discussions about the gear, and production, this video, of a non-existing product, was OT. It proved to be impossible to seperate the few thoughtful posts about this, from the discussions about assumed anti-semitic messages, and other discussions which always develop into huge fights? So.. PLEASE move on from this? The internet elsewhere is a sprawling mess and we really don't want some of that. Please no more Kirn-video talk, ok? Thank you! >

Last edited by Reptil; 4 weeks ago at 01:30 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Looks like Reptil's busy with the people who
don't want to adjust their undergarments and move on

< I just deleted the whole thing. we really think it's the best to just stay away from this clusterf**k. It's not our mess, so why roll around in it.? We don't take any position. Don't be like Toby >

Old 4 weeks ago
Why is aisle 6 never cleaned?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Why is aisle 6 never cleaned?
Because that's where the soap is. It's self cleaning.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search