The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is there a Synth-part of the forum?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Is there a Synth-part of the forum?

This is about keyboards and how to program them. If you find a better place to put the thread, then move it.

I just started playing as a keyboardplayer with a guy who is singing the songs different every time. He wants me to accompaniment him with drums, bass and maybe some strings or a synth-guitar on the left hand and then play piano with the right hand as singalong/karaoke style when we're not running full-band .wav backtracks.

I would like to know if there is a way to play like on a Yamaha MODX8 as could be done with the Tyros (Is the method playing like this called Style on the Tyros?) I heard something about Arpeggios, would I be able to run a pre-programmed beat based on what chord i play on the left hand, and maybe trigger a unique bar in the end with a drumfill? Or could you recommend another way to achieve this without paying $400 for a Tyros?

The problem is that he sometimes sings 4 bars in the middle of the song, sometimes 8 and sometimes none. That makes it impossible to run pre-recorded backtracks as .wav, so I need to find a way to follow his arrangement live but still make it sound like 4-5 guys playing.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Anyone?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

There is this forum on gearslutz :
Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search