The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sequential Pro-2 has officially been retired Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
No one is pining away for a slower phone with a smaller screen.
lol i like this part
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddever View Post
My suspicion is that there's something else coming down the pike that ticks some of the same boxes, so I'm inclined to wait things out, or for used prices to dip . . .
There's definitely something coming down the pike, as soon as this summer, as Dave alluded to in January. Here's a re-post of the transcript I wrote from Dave's NAMM 2019 interview:
As the 2019 Winter NAMM Sonic State Prophet XL video shows [see it here], toward the end of the interview, Nick Batt asks Dave about future Sequential product development plans, where Dave responds:

"Anything's possible for the future. Obviously it'd be fun to build some sort of drum type of thing with the [sampling] technology—not that we're doing that, immediately. [The Prophet X] just kind of encompasses it all, now.

"I'd kinda like to just see where [the Prophet X/XL] goes for the next few years . . . [the Prophet X/XL] is kind of an end-statement [emphasis added].

"We always like to do something new—we're working on stuff now, of course—hope to have something for the summer, and it's not going to be anything like [the Prophet X], 'cause there's so much stuff to do" [emphasis added]. —Dave Smith, Sonic State interview, NAMM 2019.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio460 View Post
There's definitely something coming down the pike, as soon as this summer, as Dave alluded to in January.
No question, but also not a huge surprise. They tend to introduce a new synth every year or so. I've gotten the impression this one isn't likely to make an appearance until late Summer but you never know. I'm sure they're keeping an eye on what else is being introduced in the market. Between that and the inevitable surprises of the development cycle it can be tricky even for those directly involved to know for certain when it will be the right time to showcase their work.

I just know that I'm very curious.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The great thing about Sequential is that every new product released is often an exciting upgrade from the predecessors.

I can only imagine the next release will have people selling stuff to order immediately.

I’ve got too many Sequential synths right now but figure I can always add another.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

As modular as I’m willing to go.

“All I ever wanted, all I ever needed. Is here in my arms.”

I’ll post a pic of the final sanded finish later.
Attached Thumbnails
Sequential Pro-2 has officially been retired-d440906f-0146-432b-beed-38c1782df3d6.jpg  
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis_13 View Post

“All I ever wanted, all I ever needed. Is here in my arms.”

I’ll post a pic of the final sanded finish later.
That's pretty cool!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis_13 View Post
Lovely! That's precisely the kind of setup I'd been considering for a Pro 2, a minimalist modular approach sounds about right.

... and even a Depeche Mode quote to go with it. I knew we had a few things in common.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Their best synth yet.

Shame to see it come to an end.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
If past form is any guide, there will be a Pro2 REV2 with more features for 2/3 price.
With 4x the CV patch points, analog oscillators, 4voice para...
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

the pro2 and a little eurorack makes for a MONSTER setup. the CV patchpoints make for excellent interfacing and expansion.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search