The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Chandler Germanimum and synths? Equalisers (HW)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Chandler Germanimum and synths?

Anyone have luck with this? Especially curious about analog synths. Seems like a great match, but can't find that much audio/video of stuff like this, and there was a lotta buzz about Chandler Germanium when it first came out, but less now. People still liking them?

Also not sure where to start, Germanium pre, tone control, or compressor. I hear the compressor is fussy, the pre has the most thick overdrive, the tone control seems like a great tone shaper and mojo device between these two, seems like it would be cool for mixbus too, but it's quite pricey, so curious what people have had luck with. I already have a tube preamp, so also curious if the Germanium would overlap with that, I'm guessing not, but people do describe what it does as 'tube like.' And if anyone has found good audio or video of this online (that's not guitar), let me know!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromthepuggle View Post
Anyone have luck with this? Especially curious about analog synths. Seems like a great match, but can't find that much audio/video of stuff like this, and there was a lotta buzz about Chandler Germanium when it first came out, but less now. People still liking them?

Also not sure where to start, Germanium pre, tone control, or compressor. I hear the compressor is fussy, the pre has the most thick overdrive, the tone control seems like a great tone shaper and mojo device between these two, seems like it would be cool for mixbus too, but it's quite pricey, so curious what people have had luck with. I already have a tube preamp, so also curious if the Germanium would overlap with that, I'm guessing not, but people do describe what it does as 'tube like.' And if anyone has found good audio or video of this online (that's not guitar), let me know!
Hi, we discontinued the Germanium Tone Control EQ last year. However, the Germanium Preamp in rack and 500 Series, and the Germanium Compressor are still in production; both flavor/tone beasts for sure, regardless of source.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

why did you discontinue tone control? is there a new model in the works?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search