The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Syntonovo Pan synth ,2019 Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Syntonovo Pan synth ,Fenix IV synth, 2019

Knobs are interesting seams one can speed dialin by turning top and fine with base of knob, thats innovative.

https://www.amazona.de/superbooth-19...r-aus-holland/

3D keyboard
Velocity, Aftertouch (and all, YEAH), Z-Impact
3 analog multi-function oscillators
4 analog sine wave oscillators
1 analog state variable filter
4-band analogue formant filter
4-band additive synthesis
several analog amplifiers
multiple analog ADSRs
multiple ADs
several LFOs
analog and digital noise generators
ringmodulators
FX inserts
CV-Out
MIDI InOut / Thru and USB-MIDI
duophonic / polyphonic via MIDI

Last edited by Klonfocius; 1 week ago at 03:15 PM.. Reason: t
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

For those that don't know ... this is the former 'synton' reborn as syntonovo
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I found last year's without these cupcake pots more beautiful

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The screen has grown..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

and the faders have disappeared, surely an exciting synth when he comes along ..
the brand is a bit confusing .. the fenix was just introduced, and one of the group is still building something modular ..
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Not sure about "the fenix was just introduced". First Fenix synth was delivered 1998.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

It looks labyrinthine.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatG View Post
Not sure about "the fenix was just introduced". First Fenix synth was delivered 1998.
first batch of 25 fenix iv is available, 5k the piece

http://www2.thisisnotrocketscience.n...r-synthesizer/

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

These frankenstein digital hybrid remakes of old Synton synths disturb me.
I just don't think this works. All they have is their heritage. They either should do 1:1 remakes of the Syrinx and Fenix or not even bother. They're abandoning their heritage to attempt innovation in the digital domain when we've already got much better innovators in that field.

All I'm saying is the only thing I would be interested in from these people would be an actual Syrinx or Fenix. The creator of the Syrinx is making the Pan, and it seems like he wants to seem like he's bringing it into the modern era, but in reality he's taking his wonderful legacy and slapping on 1990's era tech to make it seem more up to date. I've talked to him and he doesn't seem to understand why anybody would want his old tech, he insists that people want and NEED these modern updates when all we need is basic MIDI retrofit and that's all.

And then the team handling the Fenix is another story. Why would I want something called the Fenix that barely resembles it and is a bizarre digital/analogue hybrid. Could that be interesting? Yes but it's not a Fenix and there's no way they're making anything cool on the level of Mutable Instruments or something. They literally only had to make a 1:1 clone of the original Fenix.

I just don't understand, I really don't. It's a shame I think. I think someone else should clone these classics and do it right.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids View Post
I just don't think this works. All they have is their heritage. They either should do 1:1 remakes of the Syrinx and Fenix or not even bother. They're abandoning their heritage to attempt innovation in the digital domain when we've already got much better innovators in that field.

All I'm saying is the only thing I would be interested in from these people would be an actual Syrinx or Fenix. The creator of the Syrinx is making the Pan, and it seems like he wants to seem like he's bringing it into the modern era, but in reality he's taking his wonderful legacy and slapping on 1990's era tech to make it seem more up to date. I've talked to him and he doesn't seem to understand why anybody would want his old tech, he insists that people want and NEED these modern updates when all we need is basic MIDI retrofit and that's all.

And then the team handling the Fenix is another story. Why would I want something called the Fenix that barely resembles it and is a bizarre digital/analogue hybrid. Could that be interesting? Yes but it's not a Fenix and there's no way they're making anything cool on the level of Mutable Instruments or something. They literally only had to make a 1:1 clone of the original Fenix.

I just don't understand, I really don't. It's a shame I think. I think someone else should clone these classics and do it right.
Well, an oscillator pack seems to be digital, but has in the total of 3 different types of osc .. sooo bad?

Fenix Oscillator

Oscillator from the Fenix II – classical analog multi-shape oscillator with three-way phase modulated sub-oscillator. Not that complicated. It makes sound.

Digital Oscillator

Unusual and usual digital oscillating algorithms. One of the four modes is a FM oscillator – we are considering the other three.

Chord Oscillator

Triple analog oscillator with digital chord control allowing you to patch chords: major, minor or otherwise.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

It have a "wobbler module"! Not many other synths who have wobblers!

Superbooth sounds:

Superbooth interview.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
All they have is their heritage.
Not anymore, now they have these great new products.

Quote:
we've already got much better innovators in that field.
Don't know of any "much better", there are others great, but much better is just your opinion and mine is that there are very few new synths around this year as innovative as this one.

Quote:
All I'm saying is the only thing I would be interested in from these people would be an actual Syrinx or Fenix.
Exactly, that is what you would be interested in, not necessarily everybody.

Quote:
all we need is basic MIDI retrofit and that's all.
Sorry, again, just what you need. I'm sure many will be very happy with this new synth.

Quote:
there's no way they're making anything cool on the level of Mutable Instruments or something. They literally only had to make a 1:1 clone of the original Fenix.
Again, just your opinion, I think this synth is as cool and innovative as MI products or other innovators'.

Quote:
Don't worry, Behringer might very well hear you and accomplish your desire. 1:1 copy needs no specific new skill or vision so almost anybody in the field could do it. True creators on the other hand are very very rare and they can't reproduce the same item over and over, they need to create (hence the name ) so they go and do crazy things, these are called novelties, that's what the Syrinx you seem to love was when it was released many years ago, and that's what this Pan is today. Why complain they are stuck in the 90s, when it might be you who's stuck in the 80s ?

As for you not understanding what they are doing the answer is simple : we are all different and some will be greatly satisfied with this synth much more than with a Syrinx clone, some others will prefer the clone, and some will not care for either. That's just the way the world goes.
Old 1 week ago
Any sounds? This is a mono synth?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I have been dying to see more of this, and now I cannot wait September/October 2019!!!

https://syntonovo.com/
”production being planned for September/October 2019.”

Reptil’s impression:
Syntonovo Pan: Biggest sounding synth of the Superbooth?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

You are correct, you don't understand. Maybe all YOU need is a " basic MIDI retrofit". This has nothing to do with clones, and its the same guy that did the Fenix and Syrinx so why would he "clone" his own creations?

Now what does this PAN synth actually sound like?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phutureboy View Post
Don't worry, Behringer might very well hear you and accomplish your desire.
I've now met gatekeepers at BOTH of the two options. I've had people get upset at my suggestion of someone else cloning the Syrinx/Fenix and now someone upset at my suggestion of the original creator cloning the Syrinx/Fenix.

I suggested this and the response I got from others was that this would be in poor taste when the Pan and this new Fenix are coming out, when a 1:1 clone wouldn't even conflict with these new synths anyway. I would rather have a 1:1 clone from the original creators though because I trust them the most.

That said I'm okay with the original creators moving onto new pastures if everyone chills out when another company (Behringer or whoever, it doesn't matter) wants to copy an old design that the original creator clearly isn't even interested in anymore. If anything these creators are probably puzzled that anybody wants their ancient design.

For example, people conjecture that Dave Smith is somehow upset with the Behringer clone of his Pro One, when he himself has repeatedly said he's not interested in revisiting his old designs. Not the Pro One, not the Prophet-5, not the Prophet-VS etc. He clearly has his dance card full with new designs and concepts and like you say true creators "can't reproduce the same item over and over, they need to create"
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I applaud the very daring design (especially the teal version), and would love to have something like that in my studio. Now let's wait for sound and price.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search