Old 12th May 2019
Lives for gear

Sounds great
Old 12th May 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
Sounds great
Really? I think it sounds horrible to be honest. Not sure if its the Kyra or the way it was recorded but this demo is far better imo:

I am still curious as to how the oscillator works. They say each oscillator comes with 5 waveforms so I assume there is only two fully configurable oscillators (or oscillator groups) in addition to the two subs.

I am also curious about the Kyra's FM capapbilities, provided it has any?
Old 12th May 2019
Yeah, passed by their booth but ran out of time, to come back for a video. They had a working prototype.
Waldorf Kyra-waldorf-kyra-prototyp.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Waldorf Kyra-waldorf-kyra-prototyp.jpg  
Old 12th May 2019
Gear Nut

I think that is the old prototype, the new prototype has the waldorf inscription on the bottom left of the synth rather than on the center top sticker
Old 13th May 2019
Lives for gear
Sounds great.
Old 13th May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichbindin View Post
I think that is the old prototype, the new prototype has the waldorf inscription on the bottom left of the synth rather than on the center top sticker
well that's what they showed me
Old 13th May 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
Fair enough, curious to hear what your impressions werr?
Old 13th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Really? I think it sounds horrible to be honest.
Sounds like most (digital) Waldorf to me. Thin and sterile. Many takers for that sound sure but not my kinda bacon.
Old 13th May 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse View Post
Sounds like most (digital) Waldorf to me. Thin and sterile.
With 8 parts and 12 waveforms per voice, I seriously doubt it will sound anything but thin and sterile.

The original creator said he purposely didn't include a mono or unison feature because he thought it simply didnt need it. Guess we will find out when it releases the year after next.
Old 14th May 2019
Quote:
Fair enough, curious to hear what your impressions werr?
I like it. It's digital, obviously, but that doesn't bother me. I love my XT to death (and that's my Waldorf of choice), I think it's good that there's very different sounding, new synths on the market. For everyone there's a different choice.
The synth itself is well designed, the controls are all in the right place and accessable for tweaking a patch. I think it would do well with a touch of a character reverb or spring delay. I like that pad at 3:12 in the first video.
Old 14th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
There where two Waldorf booths, the one upstairs had the latest prototype, the other one (next to the UDO synth) had an older prototype.
Old 14th May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marando View Post
There where two Waldorf booths, the one upstairs had the latest prototype, the other one (next to the UDO synth) had an older prototype.
Thanks for the info. Yeah they told me. In the hallway part of the building upstairs. Made a mental note but never got around to going there.
This one was in the hall in the west wing (W).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search