The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Superbooth19: Xirid Sequencer
Old 10th May 2019
Superbooth19: Xirid Sequencer

So here's a beautifully made object. And it's a capable sequencer. Everything on it has been thought about, discussed, designed by the two developers behind this new company. They told me, their goal is to create an instrument, that is to them perfection in design and function. They're working on a functional case/stand. They will prepare this in detail as well.

Attached Thumbnails
Superbooth19: Xirid Sequencer-xirid-sequencer-back.jpg   Superbooth19: Xirid Sequencer-xirid-sequencer-front.jpg   Superbooth19: Xirid Sequencer-xirid-sequencer-proud.jpg   Superbooth19: Xirid Sequencer-xirid-sequencer-screen.jpg   Superbooth19: Xirid Sequencer-xirid-sequencer-side.jpg  

Old 10th May 2019
Gear Guru

So is it like a Cirklon without the waitinglist or a Pyramid with more MIDI outputs?

e: disregard whatever was here, it's not true

Last edited by Yoozer; 12th May 2019 at 11:57 AM..
Old 10th May 2019
Here for the gear

I'm really interested to it, just hope it will not cost a fortune.
Old 10th May 2019
Lives for gear
card slot on front = no
Old 10th May 2019
card slot on front = yes
Old 10th May 2019
Lives for gear

Now that looks like something I would buy compared to the other fodder like Squid, Deluge, etc etc.

My guess is going to be 1500$ and boutique.

Cheers
Old 10th May 2019
CV/GATE outputs?
Old 10th May 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post
CV/GATE outputs?
3 CV, 1 gate, and one CV/Gate expansion that looks like a LAN port.
Old 10th May 2019
yes! this might be the sequencer that will end my gas for a circlon or the engine...
Old 12th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
So is it like a Cirklon without the waitinglist or a Pyramid with more MIDI outputs?

e: or like an Engine with a non defunct company behind it :(
Why do you think my company is defunct?
Work continues on our next product...

Cheers
JK
Old 12th May 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripe View Post
Why do you think my company is defunct?
Work continues on our next product...

Cheers
JK
Removed. Looks like I got things mixed up with another company.

My sincere apologies :(
Old 12th May 2019
Gear Nut
Is there video of this anywhere?
Old 12th May 2019
Lives for gear

Wow, that is very interesting. Any more info?
Old 13th May 2019
Lives for gear

Gear like this should be far for more commonplace than it is today. Very promising, indeed, and definitely on my radar.
Old 13th May 2019
Lives for gear

You took this thing to SuperBooth and no information yet.

Youve got to be kidding.

Video and price would be much appreciated please.

Cheers
Old 13th May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshka View Post
Is there video of this anywhere?
Nope. They decided not to do a video yet. Prototype model. Since they're perfectionists and the software wasn't 100% ready.
I tried to persuade them (even tried to bribe them ) but you have to accept what you recieve. They did see this thread.
I'm on it though, as soon as it's available we'll do a review video!
Old 13th May 2019
Gear Addict

ok how many channels?

been on cirklon waitlist for almost 2 years and there are still things i would rather see in a sequencer but it comes closest

I have an engine but only 8 channels and remembering the button combos makes it annoying to use. a real screen is welcome and that one looks gorgeous

also if they are going for perfection they should add sample accurate audio sync so I can get rid of my erm multiclock. no one else has that.
Old 13th May 2019
Gear Maniac

From my part, it will also be 2 years in June that I'm on the Cirklon waiting list...

The Xirid was looking interesting as it has directly Midi and CV in/outs.
On the Cirklon, if I'm not wrong you need to add the CVIO extension then some CVIO box which is adding another 200-400 EUR to the 1500 EUR base (VAT incl.).

But I searched a bit on internet about the Xirid. It has already been presented in Sept 2017 and now mid 2019 it is still not there...
If the guys are perfectionist, we will probably still wait quite some time
Manufacturers must learn working agile as done for development projects.
Especially software developers. Such complex software for a sequencer will never be 100% ready.
You should agree on some minimum base then you add features at regular close intervals.
They could have delivered something in autumn 2018 or now then made updates every 3 or 4 months.

Will keep watching this development but still keep my waiting position for the Cirklon which has still my preference in terms of interface (16 buttons and encoders for 16 steps in one row)
Old 13th May 2019
Gear Addict

Yeah even for boutique companies we know making complex original projects quickly is possible. just look at how fast roman at black corporation pushes products out, deckards dream came out in no time and they already have another new synth out and more shown as on the way.
Old 15th May 2019
Lives for gear

I see "CC xx" on screen ... It better have instrument definitions or no deal. I don't want to see CC numbers, I want to see what those CCs are controlling.
Old 16th May 2019
Lives for gear

I wish Xirid could give a little more information to get punters excited.

F#$% g suspense is killing us.

There are so many people on other threads that are walking away from there Circlons ( complex and unavailable )
Deluge doesnt do this or that , Squid is only good for live and doesnt do song mode, Akai Force is whatever.

This is a good opportunity to get pre orders or sales.

Cheers
Old 16th May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
I wish Xirid could give a little more information to get punters excited.

F#$% g suspense is killing us.

There are so many people on other threads that are walking away from there Circlons ( complex and unavailable )
Deluge doesnt do this or that , Squid is only good for live and doesnt do song mode, Akai Force is whatever.

This is a good opportunity to get pre orders or sales.

Cheers
Agree, but it's not in my hands.
Old 16th May 2019
Lives for gear

Amen brother.

Cheers
Old 19th May 2019
Here for the gear

I see this: http://www.stromkult.com/xirid/

Quote:
The guys from Xirid show two prototypes of their first product, the MIDI sequencer XS2, at Superbooth 2018. – A world premiere. The machine will offer 64 tracks. A pattern can be up to 256 steps long. The XS2 will be packed with features. For instance, Xirid plans to implement user editable music scales, chord editing and micro timing options. Patterns can be recorded step-by-step or in real-time. Thanks to individually selectable track lengths, it will be very easy to create polyrhythms. Swing and humanize functions plus the so-called user grooves guarantee that songs composed with the XS2 won’t sound sterile. – Even though the timing seems to be very precise already. Remix and random editing options allow you to generate variations of patterns in no time. Besides notes, parameter movements will be recordable as well. A MIDI learn function helps with integrating the sequencer into your setup. Additionally, there some clever sync options are planned. Five routable MIDI outputs and two inputs, a total of eight control voltage / gate ports and a pedal port are available at the lastest prototype. Furthermore, there are USB-A and USB-B connectors for attaching controllers plus a computer to the sequencer. Last but not least, the XS2 can be used as a MIDI Looper. User assignable keyboard shortcuts, track names and colors help you operating the unit.

The XS2 will be available in fall 2018.
Old 19th May 2019
Lives for gear

The xs2 will be available in Fall 2018.

What year is it now.

Cheers
Old 19th May 2019
Gear Head

That statement does not include the timeline nor the universe we´re speaking of. My guess is SOON(tm).

Kidding aside, they should take the time they need to get things done the right way. I´d rather wait for something that works as advertised than getting an "agile" release (read: incomplete, unfinished, buggy) for optimized time-to-market. I have that all day at work.
Old 19th May 2019
Here for the gear

from Xirid

Hi guys,

I'm Luca from XIRID, we are a startup company and the XS2 sequencer will be our first product.
Our goal is to release a powerful sequencer with excellent build quality.
On the hardware side, we're almost ready to start production, we could have only slight cosmetic changes, but on the firmware side, the instrument is still under development.
We don't really know when the sequencer will be available to the market, because we haven't a team of engineers and software developers working on it.
At this moment I'm taking care of almost all the development aspects.
All of my "free time" is dedicated to the writing of the firmware; I also have another job (that allow me to invest my money on Xirid) but I spend many hours every day on the XS2 development.
We either don't have a person who is dedicated to communication at this time, so forgive us as we're not good at it.
We hope that the quality and the functionality of our product will speak for itself.
We sincerely believed to be on the market before, but we made choices that required extra work and time. Also, some accidents occurred and we weren't so experienced in this business to prevent them.
I see the horizon line but honestly can't tell you the release date now. Don't be hating, we're doing our best and we'll let you know more when we'll be sure to keep the promises.

Sincerely,

Luca Leoni
Xirid
Old 19th May 2019
Lives for gear

Your presence and a few answers on this thread is good enough for us now.

We have your attention and now its all about us being patient and Xirid
communicating with news and developments.

You have a nice looking product and punters interested.

Please keep us informed.

We could be your first customers.

Get the email contact list out on your website.

Cheers
Old 22nd May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca_X_ View Post
Hi guys,

I'm Luca from XIRID, we are a startup company and the XS2 sequencer will be our first product.
Our goal is to release a powerful sequencer with excellent build quality.
On the hardware side, we're almost ready to start production, we could have only slight cosmetic changes, but on the firmware side, the instrument is still under development.
We don't really know when the sequencer will be available to the market, because we haven't a team of engineers and software developers working on it.
At this moment I'm taking care of almost all the development aspects.
All of my "free time" is dedicated to the writing of the firmware; I also have another job (that allow me to invest my money on Xirid) but I spend many hours every day on the XS2 development.
We either don't have a person who is dedicated to communication at this time, so forgive us as we're not good at it.
We hope that the quality and the functionality of our product will speak for itself.
We sincerely believed to be on the market before, but we made choices that required extra work and time. Also, some accidents occurred and we weren't so experienced in this business to prevent them.
I see the horizon line but honestly can't tell you the release date now. Don't be hating, we're doing our best and we'll let you know more when we'll be sure to keep the promises.

Sincerely,

Luca Leoni
Xirid
Good luck Luca,

i think many people here including myself are really interested in the development of this.

looking forward!
Old 24th May 2019
Lives for gear

Wish list for features on top of what's been mentioned:

-Instrument Definitions
-Clock sync via audio pulses to eliminate having to buy a sync box like the ERM Multiclock for sample-accurate MIDI sync to a DAW.
-Pattern change using incoming MIDI notes (NOT program changes) so that the patterns can be triggered live using pads or a keyboard, or from any other sequencer.
- Legato pattern change (change on next beat after selecting/ triggering a new pattern)
-Fill-ins that can be attached to any pattern - and triggered manually or programmatically using something like Ableton's clip follow options ( play pattern for X times then play fill-in, etc)
-Arranger mode with sections that can be named or at least have default names ( intro, chorus, verse, bridge outro, ect) to help with arranging complete songs.

Been waiting for the right hardware sequencer for far too long. Hopefully this one will get things right and be available before my retirement :D I heard people say they're been on the waiting list for a Cirklon since 2014!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search