The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Best String Synth in 2019? Or go for the vintage real deal?
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdfishee View Post
The new behringer unit just does nothing for me soundwise but i want to beleive i have only heard it at its worst, demo wise. Can anyone link to any clips of it in action that makes it stand out? Did i read that its got an octave missing or something?
I can record some stuff later if you want...no fancy videos though*

yes its got one octave less than the OG which suits me fine. As its a 3 trick pony the smaller the better. In fact a desktop wouldve suited me best and I'd have still have paid the same

*first track in my sig has all three parts of the VC all over it
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
That’s a great track
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

That would be super appreciated. I am a big blade runner fan but hadn't connected the dots to it being the unit vangelis used.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutantt View Post
Listen to Blade Runner soundtrack by Vangelis.
That Behringer unit sounds 99.9% like the instrument used there.
Yup, Vangelis used the VP330 extensively on Blade Runner and later albums, such as Antarctica.

I replicated the Blade Runner Main Titles piece, with Xils V+ doing that special buzzy string pad tone (starting at 0:49). V+ also comes pretty close to the real thing (soundcloud link below).
Old 1 day ago
vlz
Lives for gear

Old 1 day ago
Quote:
absolutely great stuff, i'm listening thru the whole album. love the feel and production. synths melting like a chewing gum on a hot sun..

did you release this? you should..
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandomonium View Post
Yup, Vangelis used the VP330 extensively on Blade Runner and later albums, such as Antarctica.

I replicated the Blade Runner Main Titles piece, with Xils V+ doing that special buzzy string pad tone (starting at 0:49). V+ also comes pretty close to the real thing (soundcloud link below).
Holy cow. That...is incredible. So v+ is just softsynth version of vp330?
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post
absolutely great stuff, i'm listening thru the whole album. love the feel and production. synths melting like a chewing gum on a hot sun..

did you release this? you should..
Thanks, thats really nice of you to say. No I dont release stuff, I'm too busy posting in here
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks, thats really nice of you to say. No I dont release stuff, I'm too busy posting in here
When clusterchord likes a track, it's a pretty good indicator I'm gonna like it, too, so I'm also listening through that album now.

Yeah, it's really enjoyable stuff to listen to. It has an authentic retro-vibe that totally hits the spot.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldphinga View Post
Gonna throw a curveball here. Korg Prologue or Minilogue XD with 3rd party ‘buckets’ effect.
And this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUmRdIhKEtE
Old 1 day ago
Hammondeggs also made a formant filter that sits in the delay user slot, so you can use it with Buckets to get ensemble choir sounds.

My next synth is going to be a Streichfett anyway, but that's more because it reminds me of a CT202 or something than an analog stringer.
Old 1 day ago
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason moyer View Post
Hammondeggs also made a formant filter that sits in the delay user slot, so you can use it with Buckets to get ensemble choir sounds.

My next synth is going to be a Streichfett anyway, but that's more because it reminds me of a CT202 or something than an analog stringer.
Have you seen this comparison video?

Old 1 day ago
Yeah. Like I said I don't think it sounds much like a 70's analog stringer, but it reminds me big time of running something like a CT-202 through reverb/chorus/phaser pedals. It's much more 80's digital sounding imo.

(I also think the guy who made that video was using sort of crappy settings on the 'Fett, at least compared to what I've heard people do with it elsewhere.)

Old 1 day ago
vlz
Lives for gear

Every time I watch that video I crave for
a Trident.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

All this old stringmaschines are very interesant. Divide down technology sounds different. I have Elka Rhapsody and Logan Piano String Synthesizer. I am looking for SSE as well.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search