The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Behringer Yamaha CS 80 clone (DS 80) Speculation Thread
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by toitoy View Post
CS80 is all about playability. It's not just a synth it's an Instrument.
So that's a yes?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
So that's a yes?
everything else is probably devices for sound production
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I was just thinking about this a little while ago. I was looking at the patch structure on the CS80 and noticed that it's actually a lot more simple than I'd imagined. Thye Deepmind has a workaround for a second saw oscillator by stacking another patch. This is kind of like how one would have to do it on the CS80. Maybe it's a bit of a reach, but isn't the Deepmind kind of already like a CS80 in a lot of ways?
I don't know. For an analogue poly-synth it's quite complex:

The VCO has switchable saw and pulse waves, with a dedicated LFO for the PWM, a mixable sine wave, separate resonant dynamic high- and lowpass filters, mixable noise, envelopes for filter cutoff and volume, a global LFO (with external input) that can be simultaneously addressed to pitch, cutoff and/or volume, a ring modulator with its own dedicated LFO and AD envelope and finally tremolo and chorus effects.

And since there are two parallel channels, you get twice the oscillators, filters, envelopes and PWM LFOs, so setting up nice fat detuned saws or PWM sounds isn't a problem, and with no reduction in voices.

Add to that all the real-time control over filters, volume and the LFO via global performance faders, key-tracking, velocity and/or aftertouch and you've got a pretty capable instrument even compared with modern poly-synths.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search