The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Arturia V Collection 7
Old 25th April 2019
Gear Nut

Arturia V Collection 7

New update here

https://www.arturia.com/products/ana...on/overview#en

Old 25th April 2019
Lives for gear

Arturia V Collection 7

Just announced
https://www.arturia.com/products/ana...on/overview#en

New Synths inc CZ-V, Synthi V & Mellotron V
Old 25th April 2019
Lives for gear

We pretty much posted at same time LOL
Old 25th April 2019
Gear Nut

I think you beat me by a second or two
Old 25th April 2019
Gear Addict

why are some being charged $199? I'm thinking it's because I just bought 6 it's $99 for me
Old 25th April 2019
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Old 25th April 2019
Gear Maniac
$200 upgrade for basically three new plugins and an update? no thanks.
Old 25th April 2019
Lives for gear

oh cool! instabuy from me. I reaally like V6, late to the party but glad im here

edit* im 99 as well
Old 25th April 2019
I literally just bought the V6 upgrade...but for $99 I guess I'll literally just buy the V7 upgrade....
Old 25th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolafish View Post
why are some being charged $199? I'm thinking it's because I just bought 6 it's $99 for me
for me the upgrade price is too steep at 199 Eur, nearly 200 quid. I already own VirtualCZ - another CZ VST, probably wouldn't use the va one(skipped over it) and have not much or any need for a Mellotron, so it's a no upgrade from me at that price - would have to be much, much lower, an Ensoniq SQ-80 V would of been the one for me, but still not at that price...99 Euro would be a nicer offer perhaps Arturia!!!

Still a little curious about the CZ though...
Old 25th April 2019
Lives for gear
I wish they focused on improving the sound quality of existing instruments instead of adding more pointless synths. Even in the YouTube demos on their website you can hear the emulations sound nothing alike originals :(
Old 25th April 2019
Lives for gear

I'm not the biggest fan of their analog emulations, but I'm very interested in their digital recreations. I'd really love it if they offered a bundle just consisting of the CMI V, DX7 V, Synclavier V, and CZ V.
Old 25th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
How does it compare to VirtualCZ?
Old 25th April 2019
Gear Head
I agree they have done better as a whole with the Digital recreations. I do like the SEM v though so that gives me some hope that the Synthic may sound good. I think I like the B3 v2 better than first attempt from listening to some of the example sounds. CZ sounds great from the examples. I'll pick it up I think and give it a try.
Old 25th April 2019
Gear Nut
I love the matrix, the arp, the sem, the synclavier, the buchla, the cmi so far. Really looking forward to trying the new ones when I get home
Old 25th April 2019
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
How does it compare to VirtualCZ?
Essentially it is the project made by the same programmer that made Virtual CZ but this time with full Arturia team involved. So we get Virtual CZ but with Arturia style super fast UI. In fact Arturia has no competition when it comes to UI. We get extra mod matrix, we get extra LFO's, Arturia's in house effects, and a custom waveshape for the phase distortion, although building something original can take a lot of time. Didn't bother with that.

However i had no time to check if they fixed the bug with one resonant waveform. Because Virtual CZ could not convert 1 patch. I no longer remember it's name but i know that i liked that patch because it has that something special that just CZ can do and other synths can. If anyone had an Amiga 500, worked with Soundtracker / Noisetracker and had ST-01 disk, he will remember a synthetic vocal sample called Alligator. That type of sound! Only CZ can do that.

Will there be any updates, i dunno i no longer work with Arturia, moved to Waldorf for the Quantum project. :o)
Attached Thumbnails
Arturia V Collection 7-01.png  
Old 25th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
In fact Arturia has no competition when it comes to UI.
Yes they do. u-he And IMHO they do it better, cleaner, less annoying animations (i.e. when going to the browser etc., this annoys me very much on Arturia's plugins) and overly skeumorphics. Can't lock parameters in Arturia's plugins either, like you can in u-he's... It's a no contest really.

Quote:
Will there be any updates, i dunno i no longer work with Arturia, moved to Waldorf for the Quantum project. :o)
Congrats!
Old 25th April 2019
Lives for gear

Arturia please fix your Jupiter 8v plugin!
When stopping playback it gives hanging notes, bad retriggering of the envelopes and sometimes parameter changes so the patch all of a sudden changes timbre....
If it werent for its good sound and interface (better then Roland's IMO) I would have abandon it long ago.
Old 25th April 2019
Gear Addict

WTF it's saying $399 for me. i bought my V Collection 6 back in November. I'm logged into my account and see no upgrade offers.
Old 25th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gminorcoles View Post
I love the matrix, the arp, the sem, the synclavier, the buchla, the cmi so far. Really looking forward to trying the new ones when I get home
yeah me the same too, but for sem i prefer Oberhausen

edit* the 'find similar presets' function of analog lab 4 is really neat - if it works well with my own presets that is helpful

Last edited by rasseru; 25th April 2019 at 11:31 PM..
Old 25th April 2019
Gear Addict

Mellotron V

Old 25th April 2019
Gear Addict

B3 V2

Old 26th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponkine View Post
B3 V2
and your beloved DX7

Old 26th April 2019
Its the mellotron Im interested in...still have the old IK Multimedia samples but having it in its own standalone is worth the price of entry
Old 26th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_soulcatcher View Post
and your beloved DX7

hahahaha

Now I can't wait!
Old 26th April 2019
Lives for gear

The loading in your own samples on Mellotron is cool I guess, but damn it my upgrade price is 199.
Old 26th April 2019
Lives for gear
The accompanying Analog Lab 4 has only 4 Mellotron presets. Three other new instruments (CZ, Synthi and Pigments) each add 20 or so, for a total of only 61 added presets from Analog Lab 3 to Analog Lab 4.

Definitely less generous than the Analog Lab 3 upgrade was, adding over 1500 presets to the ones in Analog Lab 2, and including all presets of every V Collection 6 instrument. Those are still present in Analog Lab 4, but the newly added instruments from V Collection 7 are seriously underrepresented. 

On the bright side, more effects and better live / layer action. 
Old 26th April 2019
Lives for gear

$199 for V6 owners is BS. Skipping unless they lower the update price.
Old 26th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer View Post
The accompanying Analog Lab 4 has only 4 Mellotron presets. Three other new instruments (CZ, Synthi and Pigments) each add 20 or so, for a total of only 61 added presets from Analog Lab 3 to Analog Lab 4.

Definitely less generous than the Analog Lab 3 upgrade was, adding over 1500 presets to the ones in Analog Lab 2, and including all presets of every V Collection 6 instrument. Those are still present in Analog Lab 4, but the newly added instruments from V Collection 7 are seriously underrepresented. 

On the bright side, more effects and better live / layer action. 
I don't know here you are getting your figures from maybe there is something wrong with your installation, with V Collection 7 in AL4 I have:

46 Mellotron presets.

449 CZ presets.

281 Synthi presets.

840 Pigments presets.
Old 26th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwalkerjr View Post
$199 for V6 owners is BS. Skipping unless they lower the update price.
Agreed. It should be $99. I bought many of the original synth versions for hundreds each on CD-ROM back in the day, as well as V-Collection v2 which I then upgraded to v4, v5, and v6, along with Pigments and their filters, eq, and compressor plugins. They've been draining cash from me for decades.

$99 for three more synths is the price I should be paying, not $199.

Come on Arturia.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search