The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Arturia V Collection 7
Old 9th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I am currently in a time that I do not use at all of Arturia V Collection 7.
Old 9th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan View Post
Just fired up my V Collection 7 thinking it had a Juno but was surprised that it didn't. At first I thought maybe a licensing issue with Roland but then they do have the Jupiter 8.
With Roland now pushing their own VST/Cloud service doubt we will see any more Roland Synths by Arturia

Another thing to consider is that Roland doesn't actually own the Jupiter name, it belongs to a Company that makes Brass and Woodwind instruments. They actually license it from them. So the Arturia version probably doesn't have anything to do with Roland
Old 11th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone had any experiences using V Collection 7 on the new M1 Apple Laptop yet?
Old 11th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasspike View Post
With Roland now pushing their own VST/Cloud service doubt we will see any more Roland Synths by Arturia

Another thing to consider is that Roland doesn't actually own the Jupiter name, it belongs to a Company that makes Brass and Woodwind instruments. They actually license it from them. So the Arturia version probably doesn't have anything to do with Roland
Arturia called their Roland Jup-8 so they didn't actually use the Jupiter name even though some of the other V Collection instruments used the original names. That might suggest it perhaps wasn't endorsed by Roland. It does seem strange that the Arturia V Collection has never included one of the most popular and successful synths of all time - the Juno. Roland would have been planning their own emulations which we now find in Roland Cloud and Arturia might have been instructed by Roland not to develop and sell any further Roland synth emulations. Just pure speculation of course.
Old 11th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
It does seem strange that the Arturia V Collection has never included one of the most popular and successful synths of all time - the Juno.
Tal uno 62 from Tal software is actually great and free! They have a new one for $60 I haven't tried yet, I'm sure it's even better. I was really surprised by the free one though

Last edited by StarfishMusic; 12th November 2020 at 07:02 AM..
Old 11th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Arturia called their Roland Jup-8 so they didn't actually use the Jupiter name even though some of the other V Collection instruments used the original names. That might suggest it perhaps wasn't endorsed by Roland. It does seem strange that the Arturia V Collection has never included one of the most popular and successful synths of all time - the Juno. Roland would have been planning their own emulations which we now find in Roland Cloud and Arturia might have been instructed by Roland not to develop and sell any further Roland synth emulations. Just pure speculation of course.
The Arturia Jupiter 8 is also ancient at this point as it first came out in 2007 and hasn't really been updated in forever

As a software emulation of an actual instrument it is in my humble opinion among the worse if not the worse in the entire collection

If you give up trying to replicate Jupiter 8 sounds it is a pretty decent VA plugin to mess around with especially if it was basically free if you got the entire V Collection

I use it to create samples to load into the Fairlight and Synclavier emulations. For that purpose it's fantastic
Old 12th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasspike View Post
The Arturia Jupiter 8 is also ancient at this point as it first came out in 2007 and hasn't really been updated in forever

As a software emulation of an actual instrument it is in my humble opinion among the worse if not the worse in the entire collection

If you give up trying to replicate Jupiter 8 sounds it is a pretty decent VA plugin to mess around with especially if it was basically free if you got the entire V Collection

I use it to create samples to load into the Fairlight and Synclavier emulations. For that purpose it's fantastic
As much as I'd love to I've never played a real Jupiter 8 so I have no reference to the real thing but the Arturia Jup-8 has never really done that much for me although I know of a Grammy nominated producer who swears by it. Junkie XL also sings its praises in a YouTube video I watched. I like it but maybe my expectations are too high hearing all the Jupiter 8 talk?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
the Arturia version was called 'JUPITER-8V' until just a few years ago, until one day it was changed to 'JUP-8V'. i think this was around the same time that UVI suddenly changed the graphic design of their sampled JX synths to look less like the original Roland synths.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
the Arturia version was called 'JUPITER-8V' until just a few years ago, until one day it was changed to 'JUP-8V'. i think this was around the same time that UVI suddenly changed the graphic design of their sampled JX synths to look less like the original Roland synths.
Ah yes that is correct. I forgot that.
Old 12th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The Jup8 isn't bad.. is it a dead ringer for a jupiter? Probably not.. but it's capable of some good stuff.

I can actually nail the polymoog 'vox humana' with it pretty well.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
Sounds like Roland dusted off their "cease and desist" playbook, just in time for their Jupiter recreations and plugins.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl. Punishment View Post
Sounds like Roland dusted off their "cease and desist" playbook, just in time for their Jupiter recreations and plugins.
yep, or at least ended agreements in some cases like UAD with their RE-201 emulation.
Old 12th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
https://www.arturia.com/black-friday-20

50% off sale on V7, FX Collection, and Pigments 2 until Dec. 3, 2020.
Old 12th November 2020
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Just for laughs, I logged in to see my customer discount. I'm not normally a soft synth fan, but that is SUPER tempting at that price.
Old 12th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Yes the crossgrade to FX collection very tempting for £90
Old 13th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl. Punishment View Post
UAD re-packaged their Roland plugins with new names around the same time.
Old 25th November 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Hi all

After messing around with too many bad quality free VSTs I have just bitten the bullet and bought the Arturia V7 collection.

Not started to look at it properly yet, just wondering whether it provides any wavetable synths? I have also been looking at Vital, uHe Hive etc (dare I say Serum...), but I see they also offer the Arturia Pigments V2 synth, is that worth getting? How many presets does it come with?

Also does anyone have any drum machine VST recommendations given that the V7 collection doesn't appear to have much in that way? Looking for electronic music (80s synthpop and house/techno) oriented generators.

[edit] ordered Pigments now
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnongineerUK View Post
Hi all

After messing around with too many bad quality free VSTs I have just bitten the bullet and bought the Arturia V7 collection.

Not started to look at it properly yet, just wondering whether it provides any wavetable synths? I have also been looking at Vital, uHe Hive etc (dare I say Serum...), but I see they also offer the Arturia Pigments V2 synth, is that worth getting? How many presets does it come with?

Also does anyone have any drum machine VST recommendations given that the V7 collection doesn't appear to have much in that way? Looking for electronic music (80s synthpop and house/techno) oriented generators.
There's no wavetable synths on VC7. Pigments is a steal with the currents sale. It has tons of presets.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Hi all

For the drum vst's for that era, look at VSDSX and VPROM both from alyjames lab. Two of the best drum types of the 80s being the Simmons and Linn.
Here for the gear

What an expensive day! Over the past month I've been trialling Acoustica Mixcraft, I was intending to get their "Recording Studio" but the "Pro Studio" is half price. Free upgrade!
https://acoustica.com/mixcraft
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Hi all

Pigments seems weird to program at first. Theres alot going on and a ton of moving graphics onscreen. After you spend a little time with it the new approach is actually very good. I got it for just $50 crossgrade price. Its really fun so far.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Hi all

Head to Plugin Boutique, buy Virtual CZ (CZ-101 emulation) for less than a tenner, on paying you will be offered a freebie, Drumazon (909 emu) is there to have!

Edit - search the 'deals' to find Virtual CZ at low price @ plugin boutique or choose another product and still add Drumazon for free.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I have uninstalled all of Arturia's software.
IAA
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I have uninstalled all of Arturia's software.
Because........?
Old 3rd December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAA View Post
Because........?
I tried to see if they wouldn't be a problem. It doesn't matter if I don't have it for now.
However, I may suddenly want to use it someday.
Old 4th December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Is any of their synths actually any good? gotta ask because of the price it is. I use an ob-6, pro3 and other hardware synths but debating on slowly making the transition to softsynths. I feel like Repro5 and bx_oberhausen sound amazing, i havent tried all the arturia synths. Just there OBX one and the Matrix 12 soft synth they made. the matrix sounds good.

what do you guys think?

repro and oberhausen vs arturia. i know there is a price difference... but regardless
IAA
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I have a P6 a Moog One and a mini. I’ve had the v collection since v 4 and done some comparisons in the context of a mix. No one could tell which were hardware lines or the Arturia replicas. Most of the blind comparisons demonstrate that most people can’t tell most of the time. I’d not see them as perfect, but I often use them in a mix more often than hardware because they’re soooo convenient and of course can do more than they’re hardware namesakes. The digital emulations of the fairlight and the synclavier are worth the entrance price alone. I’d recommend a good controller though to get the best from them.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatWilson View Post
Is any of their synths actually any good? gotta ask because of the price it is. I use an ob-6, pro3 and other hardware synths but debating on slowly making the transition to softsynths. I feel like Repro5 and bx_oberhausen sound amazing, i havent tried all the arturia synths. Just there OBX one and the Matrix 12 soft synth they made. the matrix sounds good.

what do you guys think?

repro and oberhausen vs arturia. i know there is a price difference... but regardless
If you like how the Matrix sounds you'll probably like how the rest do. $249 is an amazing deal for all of those synths. Still I don't think they sound like analog synths, but I don't think any plugins do. (please peeps don't argue with me) The digital synths, Fairlight, Synclav, DX7, and CZ are easily worth the $250 right there and sound great along analogs. I still like all the analog emus though and I don't want everything to sound like an analog synth anyway. Also what you might find is that other sounds you might have not used like the Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Clav, and B3 are so good and better than static samples that they make it into your music. I never even thought of using a clav before, but it totally is featured in one of my newest songs. the Wurli is off the chain good too.

Last edited by StarfishMusic; 5th December 2020 at 08:13 AM..
Gear Addict

Thanks both of you. I may have to pull the trigger sooner than later.
Thanks again.!
Old 4th December 2020
Lives for gear

Arturia V Collection is (to me at least) the best value for softsynths Ive found. If someone knows of something better please let me know as I would love to get that too. For fun, I put up Prophet 5 V and compared it to my Prophet rev 4.

On *most* patches, I could get something really close that was, say 99% of the way there in the bottom 2 octaves. Above that, the Arturia falls apart(filter just isnt there). Does that make me not like the Arturia? hell no, still love it. I have decent approximations of some bad ass gear that still sounds great even if it isnt a precise copy. I love Synthi V, Synclavier V, CMI V, DX-7 V, Easel V, SEM V, and Matrix V.

On the other hand, Piano V, Wurly V, Stage 73 V are crap and when I try to use them I just end up frustrated.
📝 Reply