The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SUPER 6 - a 12 voice poly by UDO
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Nice SSM filters though. I'm not so sure the wide Binaural thing on almost every patch is a good thing, I didn't like that on the Evolver. Nice interface. Four octaves and expensive so I don't think I'd go for it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I usually enjoy Jack’s (and the Falcon...woop) demos but, man, this was one of the worst gear demos I’ve ever not made it through. We’re they just going back and forth playing the same arp patches for 15 minutes? That was baffling. Nick, Daniel, Stimming, or Loopop, please!
Old 1 week ago
Pip
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthpark View Post
No? How about an indie band like Tame Impala. They use such synth sounds all the time.
Fair point but as a demo of a new synth and so an indie band uses a similar sound, every sound ever made is used by some body or band, but if I was demoing a new synth in a start up company I would have loaded my 8 best presets in and allowed them to be played and edited - that demo was beyond poor and lame.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
Fair point but as a demo of a new synth and so an indie band uses a similar sound, every sound ever made is used by some body or band, but if I was demoing a new synth in a start up company I would have loaded my 8 best presets in and allowed them to be played and edited - that demo was beyond poor and lame.
Well, except the first sound I found most of the others usable, maybe not played that well, but usable for sure. I dislike most presets shown in any demo of any synth, sounding "modern" artificial and trying to bring a wow-factor to the listener. Nord Wave2? Just awful, cheap cheesy trance stuff, not my taste at all.

Here it is more related to actual bread and butter sounds, some organs, some brass, bass etc. The filter sounds nice anyway. Just two disturbing factors: clicks and noise floor. And the overusage of binaural. I never sought after mono sounds so desperately before.

If some virtuos player would play this thing using the same presets, it would sound cool. Also the way aftertouch is used, way too strong. And this guy playes the synth and keeps smiling and smiling, actually to the point that I would like to give a small punch in the ...

Last edited by Synthpark; 1 week ago at 02:02 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Pip
Lives for gear

Again agreed I just so loved this synth when I first heard it and saw it, my interest has waned ever since. I still hope Mike B or somebody will give me the wow factor that has been missing since it burst onto the synth scene.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
I wonder why Jack doesn't show something good (for me).
He is usually a very good player/presenter.

May be it's the synth and that's why I'm so unsure about it.
But in any case the hardware looks very nice and offers some refreshing usage functions.

The noise floor doesn't concern me because as I understand it, there are analog circuits that can cause noise and that is part of their appeal.

best regards
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behrmoog View Post
The noise floor doesn't concern me because as I understand it, there are analog circuits that can cause noise and that is part of their appeal.

best regards
A good analog poly will have a much better noise floor.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I was disappointed w/this vid too. Normally I like the Anderton's guy but both demonstrators fell short this time around. Based on prior demos though I'm still interested very much in this synth.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Ok, there’s noise... but on this i can hear lot of nice sounds (especially a really nice brass) that Convince me and make me want to buy it!!!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Sorry wont buy this synth its too stereo for me

Old 1 week ago
Pip
Lives for gear

I think one of my is issues aside from the beautiful aesthetics and those pads is I’m not yet heard much else that justifies the rather large chunk of change. Give one to Sonic State pronto then we may well get a better picture.
Old 1 week ago
Deleted b5734b5 
Another boring demo. Everyone is consistent at rendering boring stuff with this synth.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

WOW ... just wow... Man that was just so bad.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I still keep wondering if anyone can outdo George on the Super6
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Ok, so that demo was pretty disappointing. Hope the SNR is better than that too, though it may just be Anderton’s recording.
Old 1 week ago
Kja
Lives for gear
Man, you guys are harsh,. None of the other videos had a noise like that so I don't think it's the synth, plus I thought it sounded good.. this think definetly had a sound I think.. I like it.. u wish the filter was more fizzy though.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The patch that starts at 6:33 is really nice, if you can imagine away the invasive LFO. The filter sounds sweet.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behrmoog View Post
I wonder why Jack doesn't show something good (for me).
He is usually a very good player/presenter.

May be it's the synth and that's why I'm so unsure about it.
But in any case the hardware looks very nice and offers some refreshing usage functions.
I prefer Andertons when they do their Nord-style keyboard performances. They didn´t turn many knobs and sliders in this demo I would be more interested in hearing, say, what an ambient artist would get out of the Super 6.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

As more demos appear I keep thinking what a struggle it would be to fit in a mix. Seems like you'd have to built a track around it rather than use it as a part. And I make electronic music so for other genres it must be ever harder. Didn't think "too stereo" could he a thing until this came along. What do you guys think? In what context do you see this synth shining?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotCue View Post
In what context do you see this synth shining?

Electronic ambient maybe for huge pads.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchoo View Post
New Andertons vid up.
Sounds beautiful to my ears, well played UDO.

Wow, I don't like the sound at all.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDarkness View Post
Should have been a 16 voice then.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000 View Post
Wow, I don't like the sound at all.
that's so unfair.
Old 1 week ago
Pip
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDarkness View Post
Yup agreed but I'm patiently waiting to hear something else - pads I've got 100's of them. To date I've heard nothing else that shines.
Old 1 week ago
Deleted b5734b5 
It doesn't worth $2.800 for pads. Max $800 and I would skip it, I don't need a boat right now.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted b5734b5 View Post
It doesn't worth $2.800 for pads. Max $800 and I would skip it, I don't need a boat right now.

You’ve been hating on this synth in this thread for 7 months now... if you’re not interested in it why do you keep posting? Seems like a waste of time to me...
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

They pretty much nailed the sound as an updated Roland Juno poly analog for the 21st century, like it or not. The noise after minute 8 seems recording system dependent. Do I wang one? nope but so many people paying ****loads of money for dying Junos why not this one, at least is assumed as a contemporary alternative that clearly does not lag behind...quite the opposite. Clearly a work of passion. Will it make it as a success? I doubt but everyone is free to have their opinions.
Old 1 week ago
Deleted b5734b5 
They didn't nail any Juno or Jupiter sound with this synth, vaguely maybe, sounds stiff and uncanny to me. The creator likes classic Roland cases and panels and that's it. He just ordered a Roland-ish design to Axel Hartmann. Dying Junos? LOL, one of the most serviceable synths around you must be kidding. Anyway keep spreading myths and misinformation around, apparently that's more valuable than criticizing a bad demo and asking for proof of the supposed quality of this synth.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_McEnroe View Post
You’ve been hating on this synth in this thread for 7 months now... if you’re not interested in it why do you keep posting? Seems like a waste of time to me...
He's one of those guys consistently showing up at gaypride parades with anti-gay signs.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_McEnroe View Post
Atleast it helps the Super 6 thread to keep up with the Moog One thread. Another expensive synth..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search