The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SUPER 6 - a 12 voice poly by UDO
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtrance View Post
Since it is an independent synth company, and we’ve had lots of discussion around here on various delays (which can be due to everything from parts supply chains problems to certification in various countries to who knows what), I suggest we wait patiently and take any dates with a grain of salt.

It’ll be out when they’re ready.
You are definitely correct. I would rather wait to make sure the product is truly ready to be released. I always felt that the Moog One was released way too early and would have greatly benefited from delaying its release at least another several months until certain issues were ironed out.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lurcher View Post
In regards to the overhanging keys unlike the Odyssey which was bare keys there are key profile shaped pieces of metal at each end of the keybed for protection. As to how well these will protect I have no idea.
They will offer zero protection to vertical foces up or down on the keys, and I suspect minimal protection to a large horizontal force (eg the weight of the synth behind a movement where the keys catch).

It really shouldn’t go into production with the current design - it’s asking for trouble !
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by drxcm View Post
They will offer zero protection to vertical foces up or down on the keys, and I suspect minimal protection to a large horizontal force (eg the weight of the synth behind a movement where the keys catch).

It really shouldn’t go into production with the current design - it’s asking for trouble !
Email the individuals on the site I linked with those concerns. They’ll pass it on to UDO directly. I already did. If enough people complain maybe it’ help...

I’d like to see this synth succeed.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drxcm View Post

I just worry during setup and teardown (or even while playing enthusiastically) that a knee or the edge of a table or stand or any hard object could perform instant unwanted dentistry on one or a few keys.

They're replaceable, but it's a pain.

OTOH all synth keyboards wear down over time; if UDO could make the Super 6 so that it's no sweat to replace the keyboard, that might be useful, depending on how expensive replacements are.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birth_Chord View Post
Email the individuals on the site I linked with those concerns. They’ll pass it on to UDO directly. I already did. If enough people complain maybe it’ help...

I’d like to see this synth succeed.
I emailed UDO directly
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

I can imagine that if I got serious about taking it out of the house, I might build some kind of “chin strap” that uses those bolts on the side to strap a piece of protruding material underneath the keys.

...but seeing how I won’t buy one until my 45th birthday and no one gives a crap about my music, it’s not an immediate danger. :-)
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by draig View Post
Super 6 supports full MPE

and yeah... Polychain option would mean if I buy 1 and would almost certainly get the second. I want the 12 stereo voices!
Oh sh!t! I missed that. Sweet. Still, MPE isn’t poly pressure. I hope they don’t blow past that.
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis_13 View Post
I can imagine that if I got serious about taking it out of the house, I might build some kind of “chin strap” that uses those bolts on the side to strap a piece of protruding material underneath the keys.

...but seeing how I won’t buy one until my 45th birthday and no one gives a crap about my music, it’s not an immediate danger. :-)

I hope it'll look decent, I have faith, that blue is too sexy to tarnish... "Chin strap" accessory reminds me of when people put "bras" on a car...
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

My Minibrute 2 came packed with styrofoam under its overhanging keys. Not an ideal solution, but at least it’s something. Anything to protect the key edges from being shattered by vertical impact is helpful.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

I’m not feeling this. Sounds stronger than a lot of modern synths, but I’m not digging the overall tone
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
UDO...is the D for digital..?
Unidentified Dancing Objects
@ pelican do you like the Peak / Summit sound at all? I find it interesting I didn’t really care for the Peak but I seem to like this. Going to look for some nice Summit demos when it’s released though.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

I had to.
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDarkness View Post

I had to.
The Super Duper 6
Old 2 days ago
Pip
Lives for gear

Quote:

I had to.
Gets me every time beautiful.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

I had to.
If only you had fixed the keys too.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson View Post
If only you had fixed the keys too.
Keys are fixed:

Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Keys are fixed:

⠀⠀
Attached Thumbnails
SUPER 6 - a 12 voice poly by UDO-download-4-.jpeg  

Last edited by Somebodyperson; 2 days ago at 07:04 PM.. Reason: But maybe have them just a wee bit more in. :p
Old 2 days ago
Pip
Lives for gear

Keys - will sit on my ultimate support stand and not move, well accept for keys, knobs and buttons.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
Keys - will sit on my ultimate support stand and not move, well accept for keys, knobs and buttons.
and hopefully some air!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search