The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Headrush Looperboard coming.
Old 18th April 2019
Gear Addict

Headrush Looperboard coming.

Hi!

I posted this on the guitar forum, but it could be really interesting on the synth/keyboards camp as well

Especially for the ones who do not want to learn the long and winding road curve from several loopers (it seems simple to use), and also for the audiences and musicians who don't want to see laptops on stage (Ableton killer?)

Headrush Looperboard leaks ahead of Thursday's livestream! - gearnews.com

Old 18th April 2019
Lives for gear

I bought it 4 years ago.

Attached Thumbnails
Headrush Looperboard coming.-headrush1.jpg  
Old 18th April 2019
Lives for gear

I kind of think that electronic musicians using a looper on stage might expect more than 4 tracks, more routing...at this cost just buy an MPC/etc if you have laptop anxiety.
Old 18th April 2019
Here for the gear

Does it have internal amp/ cab sims? That are routable depending the output. Example being because you want the guitar to sound like it’s going through an amp, but maybe not so much the vocal or drum programs?
Old 18th April 2019
Here for the gear

Also, I really hope this fires up the competition. I’ve been waiting for BOSS, TC HELICON, KEMPER, HELIX, DIGITEC, etc. to step up the looper game. It’s time to see the next chapter in loop technology. I’m kind of excited to see what the next couple years look like.
Old 18th April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad_Jennings View Post
Also, I really hope this fires up the competition. I’ve been waiting for BOSS, TC HELICON, KEMPER, HELIX, DIGITEC, etc. to step up the looper game. It’s time to see the next chapter in loop technology. I’m kind of excited to see what the next couple years look like.
Did you know about GroupTheLoop?
Also related to hardware the Pioneer Djs1000 is the nearest thing to Ableton live looping workflow (until Force get better looping tools).

You can see some new looping ideas at this post:
iPhone version. Let’s talk again... — Group the Loop Forum

There is another where we talk about zen.audio sequenced looping too.
Old 18th April 2019
Here for the gear

The idea in its first steps...
YouTube

TheSoundtestRoom review with last update full of new features.
YouTube

ATM the cheaper thing similar enough to this workflow (includding looping) was the digitech trio+ with song parts or the early mentioned Pioneer Djs1000 sampler // Akai Force.

The trio+ isn’t perfect (no midi, no audio export...) but it’s amazing as backing tracks machine which is what I mainly used GTL too.
Old 18th April 2019
Lives for gear

Looks like it has MIDI, I wonder if it has good sync options for syncing an external sequencer.

It would be cool to see a looper for electronic musicians, like a more mature version of the OP-1 tape.
Perhaps multiple inputs, 4 to 8.
Really good sync options. DIN Sync, MIDI, Volca/Pocket Operator style.
And then the point would be that it records however many bars of the external synth you want, it could be one or it could be a whole song.
Then you can take that and do overdubs (maybe max out at like 24 tracks or something).
You could do some OP-1 style tape editing, perhaps with better controls.
Chop it up, edit it, arrange a whole song.

Then you could take all those tracks and mix and master them on your computer or something.

Basically imagine a Zoom R12/R24 but with really tight external clock sync for overdubbing synths and sequencers.
Old 18th April 2019
Lives for gear

I don't see the point of it. With all that menu diving and touch screen stuff you might as well use a laptop.

My looper lets me play a phrase then choose if I want to play it back. Not hit a button, do a take, repeat until you make a boring song style loop.
Old 18th April 2019
Gear Addict

A video with drums, bass, keyboards and guitar

At 13:40 he records everything live from the drum track. He records keyboards first. Adjust the volume on the fly and then add bass and finally guitar. Then he plays keys on the top of the tracks .

At 22:30 he start another recording. First guitar, then bass, then keyboards. Then guitar again and finally even vocoder. And a guitar solo on the top.

Old 18th April 2019
Gear Addict

Official video

24/ 96khz USB interface
Nice!

Old 20th April 2019
Lives for gear

Pretty cool piece of gear. Certainly aligns with my ethos of not having a laptop visible on stage. (Big whoop, wanna fight about it?) Tons of options, beautiful display. Kind of reminds me, aesthetically, of Line 6's current multi effects pedal systems. I guess my only concern is that in a live setting, where loopers are often put to work, there just may be too much **** going on here. Which means it's more **** that can go wrong. Oh ****!
Old 20th April 2019
Here for the gear

Seriously considering this and putting my Boomerang/Sidecar and Pigtronix Infinity on Reverb.com for sale. I was all in on Boomerang, but with what I do I quickly realized its lack of MIDI CC control was a major problem. Infinity has provided that and is...OK...given they kind of brought in CC control aftermarket. But this would be incredible, and allow more loops. I play guitar, sing and use a set of basspedals to serve as both bass player and some backing synth for a 2 piece band. Looping has added another level, but sometimes I need to switch guitar pedal combinations, turn a loop on or off, and hit a bass/synth note all at the same time. I can do this through my Mastermind pedal loop switcher, as long as the looper has MIDI command capabilities. It is just fairly limited with the Infinity.

My only concern with this sucker is the size....going to blow up my already too large pedalboard. Wish there was something like this just a tad simpler without the touchscreen.

Anyone know of any other MIDI capable loopers on the horizon for the market?
Old 21st April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by go2ldook View Post

Anyone know of any other MIDI capable loopers on the horizon for the market?
Electro-Harmonix 95000 is awesome.
Old 21st April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowkast View Post
Electro-Harmonix 95000 is awesome.
I looked at it, and cannot recall why I nixed it. Part of it may be the layout. Having all those faders at your feet to get broken with no individual controls for each loop seems bad for a guitarist. Most of us are too busy during performance to fiddle with faders...that stuff is best handled by creating presets for songs. Simple knobs would be better with more foot pedal controls for live use, rather than scrolling through to the loop you want.

Just my thought. Seems like a better studio looper than live one. They almost have it right with the Head Rush, but again...so big. Seems like they set out to make a great live looper but added unnecessary real estate to the thing with the touch screen.

What would be cool would be a version without the touchscreen that can sync to an iPad app for those functions. Would make for a smaller footprint but same control. If app was also iPhone and Android compatible, and PC version, they would have all users covered.
Old 21st April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by go2ldook View Post
I looked at it, and cannot recall why I nixed it. Part of it may be the layout. Having all those faders at your feet to get broken with no individual controls for each loop seems bad for a guitarist. Most of us are too busy during performance to fiddle with faders...that stuff is best handled by creating presets for songs. Simple knobs would be better with more foot pedal controls for live use, rather than scrolling through to the loop you want.

Just my thought. Seems like a better studio looper than live one. They almost have it right with the Head Rush, but again...so big. Seems like they set out to make a great live looper but added unnecessary real estate to the thing with the touch screen.

What would be cool would be a version without the touchscreen that can sync to an iPad app for those functions. Would make for a smaller footprint but same control. If app was also iPhone and Android compatible, and PC version, they would have all users covered.

Yes the touchscreen seems like a waste on a huge pedalboard that I assume is designed to be on the floor, considering all the footswitches...
Old 22nd April 2019
Lives for gear

I rarely stomp my pedals, except when I'm playing bass guitar which I have a dedicated big ass pedal board for. But for synths n' stuff I got em racked up on some ergo stands, with soft buttons placed over their switches and just use my hands. I love twiddling knobs and pressing buttons. Heh.

I have a Boss RC505 that I use for vocals and goofing around with mics. I really love it but it's an expensive "toy", plastic everywhere, and I'm afraid of dropping it or feeding it instruments to loop, even though people do.
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Addict

I think the point is to make a looperboard with all the functions needed as if we connect an iPad or Laptop ... but WITHOUT them

In the end, I think it could be a good thing. The "no laptops on stage" is gaining more and more fans, both from audiences and musicians

Old 22nd April 2019
Lives for gear

TC Electronic Ditto X4 is excellent. Easy to use, utilitarian but can also get mad weird. Stereo connections, USB for downloading/editing tone-print stuff, midi. It's what I used the most before I went for the EHX. It's really good, and alot cheaper too. Some people report problems with firmware bricks but it was reliable for me.

Old 22nd April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponkine View Post
I think the point is to make a looperboard with all the functions needed as if we connect an iPad or Laptop ... but WITHOUT them

In the end, I think it could be a good thing. The "no laptops on stage" is gaining more and more fans, both from audiences and musicians

It basically is a laptop/ipad just with footswitches.
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowkast View Post
Big whoop, wanna fight about it?)
Are you from New Jersey?
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Guru

I think the extra cash I had burning a hole in my pocket just burned through. If this thing syncs well to a MIDI clock, it’s perfect.
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
It basically is a laptop/ipad just with footswitches.
Never ever heard about a laptop or ipad where you can connect 4 instruments at the same time directly to them.

The addiction to those devices is getting silly. Really

There were decades before them when people made the best music and most memorable performances
Nowadays no one praise a performance behind a bunch of laptops.
Old 22nd April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponkine View Post
Never ever heard about a laptop or ipad where you can connect 4 instruments at the same time directly to them.

The addiction to those devices is getting silly. Really

There were decades before them when people made the best music and most memorable performances
Nowadays no one praise a performance behind a bunch of laptops.
Well of course you'd need an audio interface.

You really don't need to perform behind a laptop to use one on stage either.

Using this or a laptop, or a tablet.. it's all the same. You're still using a computer...

Why does one you can't read your emails on = memorable performances?
Why does a laptop = non memorable?
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Guru

Is there a feedback control? I can’t find it in the manual. Could be a dealbreaker for me.
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
Is there a feedback control? I can’t find it in the manual. Could be a dealbreaker for me.
Feedback control for what?
Old 22nd April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundTound View Post
The loop.

It used to be a standard parameter to have control over.
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Loop feedback. Loopers like the Ditto, 96000, Repeater, EDP, and Jamman all have it. Totally necessary if you’re doing something ambient and evolving. Looks like this “does everything” looper left it off.
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Maniac

Ah, okay. Sound on sound. My guess is this will be added at a later time but it’s anyones guess when that’ll be. Also, I wasn’t aware the ditto, 96000, and jamman had feedback.
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Ah, okay. Sound on sound. My guess is this will be added at a later time but it’s anyones guess when that’ll be. Also, I wasn’t aware the ditto, 96000, and jamman had feedback.
Yeah, the Lexicon one does, but I’m not sure about the Digitech version that came later. My guess is, it won’t be added, ever. I’ve never once seen a looping device that didn’t have it that got it added at a later date. I think it’s something so central to the core of a looper that if it’s not put in at day one, it’s impossible or very hard to add later.

Anyway, I’ll probably stick to Möbius, Augustus Loop and Enos for my looping needs. The idea behind this would be to create a little self contained loop station where I could do my effects and looping all in one. If it can’t do “loop aging” (what TC calls it) then I’m not interested. That’s also what killed the Boss RC line for me. Good for people doing straight song styles of music, but not for me.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search