The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What's on your drum buss in 2019 Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 17th April 2019
Here for the gear

What's on your drum buss in 2019

Hi,

I have been away from the software game for a while but back to making electronic music and gone more ITB than ever before.

Given we are fast approaching the singularity, what is on your drum buss in 2019 and why?
Old 18th April 2019
Lives for gear

oh you mean what are our favourite drum plugins.
Old 18th April 2019
Here for the gear

No, Sorry, I often set up a channel for parallel compression of my drums and percussion for enhanced presence and 'glue'.

I thought this was common practice in electronic dance music but I have been using an old sonalksis plugin for a decade now and wondered where people allegiance lay with regards to a drum buss set up
Old 18th April 2019
Lives for gear

I usually use parallel compression and some drive. I use an analog mixer tho, as i am trying to keep my home singularity free for as long as I can.

The why is just to add a lil chutzpah and oomph etc...

Last edited by Stu Pete; 18th April 2019 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: why
Old 18th April 2019
What's on your drum buss in 2019

drums.
Old 18th April 2019
API 2500 though sometimes the KT-1176 and GAP LA3A , at the moment I EQ everything else besides drums ... Moog DFAM, Jomox 999, more fun lately with custom patches on the ARP 2600 (TTSH) and MS20M.
Old 18th April 2019
Here for the gear

most of my drum tracks make there way through an old soundcraft mixer at some point, might crank its rather obtrusive eqs/ patch in a vactrol compressor.

once all grouped in ableton though I tend to set up a return to sub mix all the individual drum tracks thorugh and blend to taste.

iv been using sonalksis sv315 for ages now and wondered what people are preferring nowadays - sv315 does a good job, Im just curious.
Old 19th April 2019
Lives for gear

I don't often use a drum bus. I usually just process drums individually and leave them routed to the master.
Old 19th April 2019
Lives for gear

BSS DPR402 or Drawmer DL241
Old 19th April 2019
Lives for gear

As of yesterday, Valhalla Delay.
Old 19th April 2019
Lives for gear

Air Windows “Iron Oxide” for a bit of grit
Old 19th April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Mitch View Post
I don't often use a drum bus. I usually just process drums individually and leave them routed to the master.
Everything is processed individually too, I don't think a drum buss should be treated as a magic bullet by any means.

Sometimes I am blending the tinyest bit it for glue and 'ooomph'..less is more..most of the time..

I do sometimes wonder whether what I think I am gaining may be marred by introducing phase issues, but todays DAWS should be able to run parallel compression busses and get it all sample accurate ??

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search