The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland SR-JV80-04 Vintage Synth card Rackmount Synthesizers
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Roland SR-JV80-04 Vintage Synth card

I'm reading that this card is mandatory. I have both a JD-990 and a JV-2080. Don't you get a different set of sounds from putting it in the 990? Or is it that you get everything from the 2080 but additional patches too? Not sure if the set is different depending on the machine you put it into.

My main question though is, if this is supposed to be a vintage synth set, does it ACTUALLY sound close to the original analog synths or is it not quite authentic but just good anyway?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSLand View Post
I'm reading that this card is mandatory. I have both a JD-990 and a JV-2080. Don't you get a different set of sounds from putting it in the 990? Or is it that you get everything from the 2080 but additional patches too? Not sure if the set is different depending on the machine you put it into.

My main question though is, if this is supposed to be a vintage synth set, does it ACTUALLY sound close to the original analog synths or is it not quite authentic but just good anyway?
I have one. It's actually very very good. It was put together by Eric Pershing using real studios to sample vintage synths. I have used it in my JV880, 1080, and 1010
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

It sound really really good, in a Roland rompler way. It sounds like what "an analog synth is supposed to sound" if you know what i mean.
Yes its sounds different depending on which rompler you use, and it was made for the 990 i think (i may be wrong on this one).
It sounds better on the JD990.
Old 7 hours ago
Lives for gear

I'm considering pulling the trigger on this and putting it into my JD-990. Still unsure about which patches I will and won't get if I put it in my 990 over my 2080.

The reason I want it is to cut down on using so many samples of analog synths. Having everything in one box and not having to load patches/samples seems nice. It's expensive though, about $200, compared to the other ones. If I could find it for a bit cheaper I'd probably do it.
Old 6 hours ago
Lives for gear

i have one that i would be willing to part with. im sure we can come to somethign reasonable if u wanna message me lemme know
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search