The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How to promo new tracks in the local scene?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

How to promo new tracks in the local scene?

Ok let's say you live in a city with ~50 techno djs and 10 regularly event series...

Some of the djs you know personally since years.

Every djs prefers a special sub genre (minimal, deep house, techno, ...), there are not many which play different styles.

So it makes no sense to release one minimal track and send it to all of those djs, because only a few of them play minimal. Much more work would be giving away the track on usb stick in the club (would take weeks to meet all the minimal djs).

So the idea was to release an EP instead with 4 different styles so that there will something for "everyone".

How would you contact them? Facebook? On events with usb sticks?
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

I'd start with the DJ's you know personally, give them a download link with Facebook private message.

The other local guys... well depends a bit. I think I'd rather than send them the 4 tracks, which can be a bit much from a stranger, it'd be wiser to just send one, personalized to their taste. With a polite message, explaining you're a local guy, like their DJ sets etc.

Personal contact works best of course, but if they're not big time professional DJ's I don't think contacting them via FB is a bad idea either. I highly doubt small local DJ's get a huge amount of contacts that way.

Oh, and don't get discouraged if people don't listen, even the friend DJ's. It's perfectly normal, I get that all the time. A bit annoying, but that's just the way it is.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfunkel View Post
Oh, and don't get discouraged if people don't listen, even the friend DJ's. It's perfectly normal, I get that all the time. A bit annoying, but that's just the way it is.

Then i don't talk to them anymore in real life! :-)

Of course you can't "force" them to listen/play your tunes... also i think they don't rate good "local tunes" higher or equal than from popular artists outside of the own city.

We will see if they really "support the locals" or if this is just an empty statement.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search