The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Choosing A First Synth Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 14 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
That's sound reasoning.
The only snag is that the model D doesn't come with a keyboard. The price does allow for a midi controller to be within budget though.

Come to think of it, it's a shame behringer did not consider a version with a keyboard, using the DM6/VC340 chassis. That'd be an instant buy for me.
True, but it looks like they've standardized the chassis for their lower-tier desktop modules in their quasi-Eurorack design (Model D, Neutron, Pro-One); hence lowering the selling price to surprising new lows. At least re:synthesis offers standard 19" rack-ears for these, which I bought for my Neutron (I refuse to buy a module that isn't rack-mountable).

As for the Behringer DeepMind12, I have no complaints about my rackmount 12D, and many accolades. It's the best $449 I've ever spent on a synth.
Old 13 hours ago
vlz
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio460 View Post
True, but it looks like they've standardized the chassis for their lower-tier desktop modules in their quasi-Eurorack design (Model D, Neutron, Pro-One); hence lowering the selling price to surprising new lows. At least re:synthesis offers standard 19" rack-ears for these, which I bought for my Neutron (I refuse to buy a module that isn't rack-mountable).

As for the Behringer DeepMind12, I have no complaints about my rackmount 12D, and many accolades. It's the best $449 I've ever spent on a synth.
At the risk of going off-topic, I see how popular modules and racks are (and I have space left in one of my boxes for a Behringer offering) but personally, I am more inclined to buy synths with keyboards as that's how I have my rig setup and like to have dedicated keys to each synth. It means an upper limit to synths (not trying to be Geoff Downes ), but that's how I feel most comfortable.
Old 12 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
At the risk of going off-topic, I see how popular modules and racks are (and I have space left in one of my boxes for a Behringer offering) but personally, I am more inclined to buy synths with keyboards as that's how I have my rig setup and like to have dedicated keys to each synth .. . . but that's how I feel most comfortable.
Yah, I know what you mean. I deliberately bought the keyboard versions of my DSI synths since they just seemed so "right" that way. Though, I also have a bunch of rackmount modules just sitting somewhere with no controller attached (I hate that). For me it's either keyboarded synths or 19" rack-mountable synths. Nothing in-between. I can't believe how many keyboards I've fit into a relatively small room!
Old 8 hours ago
Here for the gear

Novation Bass Station II

Small. Affordable. Keeper.
Old 7 hours ago
Gear Nut

If he likes Moog get him a Moog, not a Behringer knock off! Slap in the face to true Moog lovers. Sub phatty hands down!!!

I’ve had mine since 2013 and I am usually the type to sell synths off and get bored with them. I will be keeping mine until the day I die.

If you buy him a Moog you’ll be happily married with children in no time.
Old 7 hours ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by markodarko View Post
I really wouldn’t recommend you get him a monophonic synth as his first instrument - especially not any of the Moogs or clones that have been mentioned because there’s only so much interest you can have in an instrument that can only play one note with nothing else going on.
Absolute nonsense.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search