The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mixer HELP Mixers (Analog)
Old 5 days ago
Mixer HELP

Help as I think I've bought the wrong mixer for me and need to know before my refund terms expire...

I've bought a Behringer Xenyx X2222USB mixer.

I use Ableton.

Plan was to route all hardware into mixer and then into Ableton via USB. I know that this isn't a multitrack recording mixer and that all audio passes through the main mix and then into Ableton. That all works and is fine.

I can also pass audio from Ableton (ie samples etc) back to the mixer via USB and hear that - no issues there either.

Here's the issue... the audio from Ableton to the mixer is only audible when the USB TO MAIN button is pressed on the mixer. But when this is activated, it cuts the audio running from the mixer to Ableton.

I can't hear both my hardware AND the internal samples in Ableton playing at the same time!

Am I doing something wrong? Or do I have the wrong mixer to do this?

Any help much appreciated
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

It's not as crystal clear as one might wish in the manual, but it sounds like it's working as designed. The 2 track to main switch disables the output to the 2 track tape out jacks, and it sounds like the USB interface is connected to the exact same places.

(Why they can't just include a signal flow block diagram like everybody else does in the manual is beyond me...it would make answering this kind of question much easier.)
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Trig View Post
Help as I think I've bought the wrong mixer for me and need to know before my refund terms expire...

I've bought a Behringer Xenyx X2222USB mixer.

I use Ableton.

Plan was to route all hardware into mixer and then into Ableton via USB. I know that this isn't a multitrack recording mixer and that all audio passes through the main mix and then into Ableton. That all works and is fine.

I can also pass audio from Ableton (ie samples etc) back to the mixer via USB and hear that - no issues there either.

Here's the issue... the audio from Ableton to the mixer is only audible when the USB TO MAIN button is pressed on the mixer. But when this is activated, it cuts the audio running from the mixer to Ableton.

I can't hear both my hardware AND the internal samples in Ableton playing at the same time!

Am I doing something wrong? Or do I have the wrong mixer to do this?

Any help much appreciated
Honestly, no idea, but where did you get it from? One of the main reasons I recommend Sweetwater Sound over other dealers is because you can call up an actual person with expertise in audio matters and discuss your particular issues with them and they'll know exactly what direction to point you...
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search