Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

There it is.

Behringer's K-2 (MS-20 clone) surfacing-k20.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer's K-2 (MS-20 clone) surfacing-k20.jpg  
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

meh, the mini sounds great. i'd pay 200 bucks for a super cut down version of an ms20. just the basic architecture, no patch panel. or if at least they made it standard voltages and not that korg nonsense (though it's too early to tell). but like with the ody clone, what the hell for? reviving something classic and hard to find is one thing. or the model d which cost an arm and a leg. but something that's already in the budget category? don't get it, don't need it
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

i want a korg 770 clone traveling with the filter

of course, the korgman must be there

Old 16th April 2019
Doesn't look like it has PWM or Sync or anything the MS-20M added, so this would probably be a pass for me along with the Crave. I don't see a point buying clones of stuff I already have unless there's something substantially new added. And the Odyssey at least makes sense to me, since it adds the FX/Sequencer and costs 1/3 of what Korg wants for the official remake. The MS-20 Mini is $459, so you'd be spending 2/3 of that and losing the keyboard/wheel/switch.

I'd rather have a Minikorg 770S.

Edit: I meant 700S. But a 770 would be cool too.
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason moyer View Post
Doesn't look like it has PWM or Sync or anything the MS-20M added, so this would probably be a pass for me along with the Crave. I don't see a point buying clones of stuff I already have unless there's something substantially new added. And the Odyssey at least makes sense to me, since it adds the FX/Sequencer and costs 1/3 of what Korg wants for the official remake. The MS-20 Mini is $459, so you'd be spending 2/3 of that and losing the keyboard/wheel/switch.

I have not compared it .. I have the M ie. chill .. but would be a pity .. find all the mods in the M pretty good..FM and so ..

I have volca basses .. after all, the LP of the travelfilter
Old 16th April 2019
There are a ton of things that would be nice to have in an MS-20 clone. How about filter keytracking? I have light GAS for a Volca Kick since it's (afaik) the only way to play an MS-20 filter musically.
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

clear case it needs a ms20000 supermod extreme deluxe gold, covered with frog skin
Old 16th April 2019
Deleted 48a4a93
Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
i want a korg 770 clone traveling with the filter

of course, the korgman must be there

I guess this year the joke's on Behringer shipping MS-101 prototypes
Old 16th April 2019
At least they didn't ship a $2000 synth that doesn't tune properly.
Old 16th April 2019
Deleted 48a4a93
Quote:
At least they didn't ship a $2000 synth that doesn't tune properly.
I hope you don't compare a 16 voice analog poly which was a new development to a simple mono clone where the work was basically done 30 years ago ^^
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
There are a ton of things that would be nice to have in an MS-20 clone. How about filter keytracking? I have light GAS for a Volca Kick since it's (afaik) the only way to play an MS-20 filter musically.
that with the keytracking works, you have to think modul dimensional.

paul withers reminds me of

@to the strange traveler here
of course I expect a working synth .. does not have to go 100% right away but in a few months for sure ..
the price does not matter, volcas works from the first day
if the synth after half a year more beta than what else is .. off in the ton
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian N View Post
meh, the mini sounds great. i'd pay 200 bucks for a super cut down version of an ms20. just the basic architecture, no patch panel. or if at least they made it standard voltages and not that korg nonsense (though it's too early to tell). but like with the ody clone, what the hell for? reviving something classic and hard to find is one thing. or the model d which cost an arm and a leg. but something that's already in the budget category? don't get it, don't need it
Because Korg's MS20 Mini is a fragile piece of ****? Because the well-made versions are no longer produced, and cost too much on Ebay?

Those are the two reasons I can think of right away.
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

I did not say so much nonsense back then ... many did not believe it ..
I'm curious if the list is completely processed ...

and i still want a korg 770 800 or so .. pre ms20 era.
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

Am I the only one who doesn't like this different synths all in the same box concept? Bit like the Boomstars.

Kind of makes them seem a bit cut and spliced.
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

If it's Eurorack ready then does it take 1v/Oct?
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
And the Odyssey at least makes sense to me, since it adds the FX/Sequencer and costs 1/3 of what Korg wants for the official remake.
correct.

... and there is a full sized keyboard (at likely the price of the mini key Korg version)

... and the exciting part (for me) - they reportedly did a better (more authentic) job on the ring mod.
Old 16th April 2019
Gear Addict

Who cares about all these prototypes and marketing hype bs, as it will take years before they hit the shops probably
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

My Volca kick should be here Thursday, but my Volca Bass got postponed until next month. Too much demand! I think that's because Guitar Center is selling them for $120 each at the moment, part of their "keyboard sale". You have to call to get the price. It's only about $8 less than their usual 15% deal, but still... I guess more people wanted the bass than the kick.

I'd love the extra MS-20M features but without the price gouging, to the point where I wouldn't order a K-20 without them (I mean the features not the gouging). So I made my choice for now. We'll see, maybe after the Volcas I'll still want some MS-20 version. Getting the Volca Drum too, when that comes in, and VC-340, so I'll be plenty busy anyway.
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuggaMahone View Post
My Volca kick should be here Thursday, but my Volca Bass got postponed until next month. Too much demand! I think that's because Guitar Center is selling them for $120 each at the moment, part of their "keyboard sale". You have to call to get the price. It's only about $8 less than their usual 15% deal, but still... I guess more people wanted the bass than the kick.

I'd love the extra MS-20M features but without the price gouging, to the point where I wouldn't order a K-20 without them (I mean the features not the gouging). So I made my choice for now. We'll see, maybe after the Volcas I'll still want some MS-20 version. Getting the Volca Drum too, when that comes in, and VC-340, so I'll be plenty busy anyway.

yes the volca bass is a rare thing ..
are you kidding..
Is this the 303 run on the crate?
I still have the first edition with the white packaging .. priceless nowadays ..

have looked at the behringer ms20 in more detail .. definitely not a M version ..
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
have looked at the behringer ms20 in more detail .. definitely not a M version ..
Yeah, kind of a shame. They could have put in the different filter revisions. They could have put PWM in. Oh well.

Let's hope it sounds more like a real MS-20.
I can't quite get my MS-20 mini to sound like the classic William Orbit MS-20 tracks:

Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
yes the volca bass is a rare thing ..
are you kidding..
Is this the 303 run on the crate?
I still have the first edition with the white packaging .. priceless nowadays ..

Not rare, I mean Guitar Center didn't stock enough to anticipate the sale demand. Apparently none of their stores have any in inventory either!
But I didn't mean to imply that they were rare in general, just at GC while they have them on sale. It's one of GC's bad habits

Yes, I probably won't be ordering K-20 then, without the added features. I'm no purist who wants original spec or nothing. The opposite actually, rather have more options.
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuggaMahone View Post
Not rare, I mean Guitar Center didn't stock enough to anticipate the sale demand. Apparently none of their stores have any in inventory either!
But I didn't mean to imply that they were rare in general, just at GC while they have them on sale. It's one of GC's bad habits

Yes, I probably won't be ordering K-20 then, without the added features. I'm no purist who wants original spec or nothing. The opposite actually, rather have more options.
GC are ***** .. here in Volcaland there is the on each corner .. at least 3 4 stores in the city that have him .. nationwide several

for k20 .. there is probably mod diy announced, the M has only a collection of mods in it ..
since the k20 will probably cost the usual 299, it's worth it
Old 16th April 2019
770's look so awesome
Old 16th April 2019
Gear Nut

I'm definitely down for one of these (if/when it happens). I much prefer the form factor to having a keyboard attached. I'd assume it's also going to have the same "$329" pricetag.

It's really come full circle with all these new cheap analogs. These are the type of prices I paid for the originals back in the day, and what I think they should cost.
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Crossing View Post
These are the type of prices I paid for the originals back in the day, and what I think they should cost.
totally agree. no reason a big company needs to charge more for a product that has barely any r&d into it (as most analog monos are tbh, especially when you have teams of engineers at your disposal). i get why a simple mono like the nyborg is twice the money. it's probably a handful of people building them, all by hand. can't compare to a big company like roland, korg, yamaha etc. cause if they can make the monologue, sell it for 250 euros and make a profit, i'm pretty sure they can sell the ms20 for that price as well. t's not like they designed it from the ground up.

i stil find this clone, as well as the ody a bit pointless though. and i know plenty of minis out there going strong after 4-5 years. to me they don't feel substantially crappier than the boog. granted the mini jack output is total garbage and a shameful thing
Old 16th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
^^ this
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian N View Post
Last time I checked an MS-20 mini, it was not well made, it had wobbling pots and there was easily noticeable noise on its output. Lastly, it costs 560€ which is 100-200€ more than a typical Behringer desktop synth. So, for me this is an MS-20 that will possibly fix some basic problems of the previous versions
Old 16th April 2019
Here for the gear

They REALLY missed a trick in not making this the M version.

I'd happily wait much longer to get those features added.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search