The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer's K-2 (MS-20 clone) surfacing
Old 14th September 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
Whoever wrote that list can’t be very clued up when they manage to miss LAMB off the list.
It's wikipedia. So I imagine you can add them. I don't know how it works exactly.
Old 14th September 2019
Lives for gear

I'll stick MC Miker G & DJ Sven on while I'm at it.
Old 14th September 2019
Lives for gear

I think its easier to list electronic acts who didnt use a Korg MS at some point in their career.
Old 15th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
I think its easier to list electronic acts who didnt use a Korg MS at some point in their career.
I wonder how long the list of successful K-2 users will be 40 years from now.
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilb View Post
I wonder how long the list of successful K-2 users will be 40 years from now.
Buzz Lightyear has this saying
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBern View Post
Buzz Lightyear has this saying
What do you mean?

"You are a sad, strange little man and you have my pity."

or

"To infinity and beyond"

Old 15th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
What do you mean?

or

"To infinity and beyond"

This, surely

(though me making this probably causes the first quote to also apply)

Behringer's K-2 (MS-20 clone) surfacing-19260b51-81be-4f12-891d-37745d512d8f.jpeg
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer's K-2 (MS-20 clone) surfacing-19260b51-81be-4f12-891d-37745d512d8f.jpeg  
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear

Old 15th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublave View Post
Bro, the MS20 is basically like a Hildegard von Bingen starter kit.
You made me cry tears of joy.
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear

some MS-20 goodness whilst we wait

Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
What do you mean?

or

"To infinity and beyond"

It was the most positive of those too
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear

Don't know if this has already been asked but once removed from the case and put into eurorack is the USB port still assessable?
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
some MS-20 goodness whilst we wait

Great track but does anyone else think the vox are *way* too loud in the mix there?
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Don't know if this has already been asked but once removed from the case and put into eurorack is the USB port still assessable?
I can't say for sure, don't have one of these yet either.

However, judging from the way both the Boog and Neutron have the rear panel jacks on a separate little circuit board inside their respective boats, I suspect the Pro 1 and K20 will be the same, and since there's no USB jack on the front of the K20, you'll have to leave that little board connected behind your panels or something for the USB jack to still work (same with the MIDI channel dip switches and wall wart power jack on the Boog's little rear-stuff circuit board).

So... sort of... It would be pretty trivial to re-mount it into a 4hp blank or something that's easy to access from the front of your case.
Old 15th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I worked at a music store in the late 1970's when the MS-20 came out. We sold Yamaha (including the CS-80) Oberheim (FVS->Xpanders), all the Roland and Korg gear. The MS-20 was reasonably priced and I thought the semi-modular capability of it was very cool.

I think I sold 1. I sold more Korg Vocoders than that.
Old 16th September 2019
Lives for gear

And, fwiw, these little circuit boards are aboot 30mm x 120mm or so, and the thickest things about them are the 1/4" jack housings, so they're maybe 15mm thick at the max. Turned sideways I'm pretty sure it'll fit behind a 4hp blank. It could end up needing 5hp or some such, but I think 4 gets it done...
Old 16th September 2019
Deleted 4c3c464
I'm prepping my MS-20Kit to have sufficient space on the top for a K2.
Old 16th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 4c3c464 View Post
I'm prepping my MS-20Kit to have sufficient space on the top for a K2.
Slutty...
Old 16th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Difool View Post
Awesome...
Old 16th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublave View Post
Skip em both and give us a 770.
Yes...
Old 16th September 2019
Gear Addict
So, after finally moving to my new home, I realized I needed some new rack screws and washers...when shopping for those I came across this...it‘s here on hopefully
Somehow I always wanted an MS-20, but not with crappy minikeys and wobbly knobs.
To my defense: I hope I won‘t have to buy the Matriarch as a semimodular friend for the SEM now, so I can get a River sooner
Old 17th September 2019
Gear Guru

This is a long thread so I haven't had a chance to look through it all. Forgive me if this has already been shared, but just got off the phone with Sweetwater after preordering a BS-20, and they're saying that the current ETA is December. Hopefully the Bro One will come out at the same time and I'll have me when Merry Ass Christmas.
Old 17th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
It won't be. It's like the Neutron where the USB port and the power supply are on a separate board from the synth itself. It may be possible to remove it from the case and have it in the back of the synth so you can snake a USB cable through it. I don't know because while I wanted to do that with the Model D and Neutron like you can with Mother-32 and DFAM, it wasn't coming out as easy as it did on the Moogs, and I wasn't about to force it and break something.
Old 17th September 2019
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
This is a long thread so I haven't had a chance to look through it all. Forgive me if this has already been shared, but just got off the phone with Sweetwater after preordering a BS-20, and they're saying that the current ETA is December. Hopefully the Bro One will come out at the same time and I'll have me when Merry Ass Christmas.
Have they changed the name already?
Old 17th September 2019
Lives for gear

All the cash I was putting aside for UBXa is going to be blown on MS-1, Odyssey, RD-8, and now K2! Really like the form factor of this compared to the Korg (keyboard, kit). Was tempted to get the Korg MS20 module kit but it sold out too fast for my bank account to keep up..
Old 17th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
It won't be. It's like the Neutron where the USB port and the power supply are on a separate board from the synth itself. It may be possible to remove it from the case and have it in the back of the synth so you can snake a USB cable through it. I don't know because while I wanted to do that with the Model D and Neutron like you can with Mother-32 and DFAM, it wasn't coming out as easy as it did on the Moogs, and I wasn't about to force it and break something.
It's dead simple to remove those little circuit boards from the cases, they're just screwed in, and held in place by the 1/4" jacks too, and they work perfectly fine dangling in back while being powered via the eurorack power supply, both on the Boog and Neutron at least.
Old 17th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
All the cash I was putting aside for UBXa is going to be blown on MS-1, Odyssey, RD-8, and now K2!d
The MS-1 and RD-8 are meh sounding and plastic.
Old 18th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
It's dead simple to remove those little circuit boards from the cases, they're just screwed in, and held in place by the 1/4" jacks too, and they work perfectly fine dangling in back while being powered via the eurorack power supply, both on the Boog and Neutron at least.
Thanks for the heads up. One of these days, I should get that done.
Old 18th September 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
It isn't - the USB, Midi Through and power input/switch are on a separate board that links to the main board via a ribbon cable. Although I know that some people have modded the Neutron to put that board on a Eurorack faceplate. That would invalidate warranty, but it's up to the user I guess

Dave (Music Tribe Manchester)
Old 18th September 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
Have they changed the name already?
K2, and only K2

Dave (Music Tribe Manchester)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search