The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Behringer's K-2 (MS-20 clone) surfacing
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicDaddy View Post
December is what I was told, USA.
Same, I preordered the K-2 last night and the RD-8 a month or so ago. My Sweetwater rep told me today that both are looking like mid December.

So on a side note. 10 years ago, hell even 2 years ago, if someone told me I would be buying anything from Behringer, I'd have laughed at them. You know what I didn't do? I didn't tell people on forum threads about Behringer gear that Behringer gear sucked and I wouldn't be buying it. I didn't tell my friends who had Behringer stuff that their gear sucked. I just didn't want to buy it, so I didn't.

They've changed my mind in the last year with the Model D and now these new synths. I'm excited to get my new Behringer gear!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Been looking into buying a MS20 mini recently but really do not want anymore keyboards and now I find this. So many Behringer releases it is hard to keep up. Was looking for something that is capable of some hard acid sounds. I assume if this is in the MS20 ballpark and sounds good it should be capable?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by statikcat View Post
Been looking into buying a MS20 mini recently but really do not want anymore keyboards and now I find this. So many Behringer releases it is hard to keep up. Was looking for something that is capable of some hard acid sounds. I assume if this is in the MS20 ballpark and sounds good it should be capable?
Did you see the demo that was shared a couple pages back? It definitely sounds good, and it’s definitely in the ballpark. Nobody here really has any more info than that.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tester Dave View Post
Slip of the tongue. It's 6dB high and 12dB Low
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Does anyone happen to know if the LFO routed to osc 1/osc 2 pitch (creating a standard vibrato) can be modulated via midi using my keyboard's mod wheel?

I'm hoping so...however, I'm kind of thinking possibly not...but if anyone happens to know please give a shout out.

Thanks!

PS...I did end up pre-ordering one of these today.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Not directly: This is how I'd try.
LFO output on panel to VCA in.
VCA out to Total IN.

CV OCD Box from midi set to Mod wheel to CV.
CV out to CV In on VCA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn7 View Post
Does anyone happen to know if the LFO routed to osc 1/osc 2 pitch (creating a standard vibrato) can be modulated via midi using my keyboard's mod wheel?

I'm hoping so...however, I'm kind of thinking possibly not...but if anyone happens to know please give a shout out.

Thanks!

PS...I did end up pre-ordering one of these today.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAF Vu Master View Post
Not directly: This is how I'd try.
LFO output on panel to VCA in.
VCA out to Total IN.

CV OCD Box from midi set to Mod wheel to CV.
CV out to CV In on VCA.
Thanks much!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by infindebula View Post
Did you see the demo that was shared a couple pages back? It definitely sounds good, and it’s definitely in the ballpark. Nobody here really has any more info than that.
white coat on: jury is discussing the 35 filter , parts of beast mode appear to be hiding under duress, will they be found?

we shall see once owners have them, it will get picked apart no doubt, variances are to be expected but minutia matter

white coat off: sounds and also looks amazing regardless
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

genuine question: why is the ms-20 popular and worth cloning? TBH it doesn't sound that great to me. What artists famously used it?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn78 View Post
genuine question: why is the ms-20 popular and worth cloning? TBH it doesn't sound that great to me. What artists famously used it?
Flat eric
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
What artists famously used it?
the carpenters
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

@ iamproof did the EG2 behaviour get copied 1:1 ?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
thankfully we are all our own and have the option to choose what we like, not that an artist or what they use should matter @ least imo but these are widely known as users among many many others

portishead

human league

royskopp

daft punk

depeche mode

aphex twin

the chems
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
thankfully we are all our own and have the option to choose what we like, not that an artist or what they use should matter @ least imo but these are widely known as users among many many others

portishead

human league

royskopp

daft punk

depeche mode

aphex twin

the chems
It was a genuine question. typically good instruments are used by someone worth listening to.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

portishead

human league

royskopp

daft punk

depeche mode

aphex twin

the chems
Vince Clarke apparently liked using two of them as a stereo pair.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
It was a genuine question. typically good instruments are used by someone worth listening to.
was my genuine answer wrong in some fashion?

the bands i listed cover a lot of styles although mostly electronic, of course there will be bands in very different genres that use it too - 5 minutes with google and you will know if anybody you like uses it

it has a sound, it is a classic for a reason

trying to be helpful in answering your query, nothing more
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

There is also the dandy warhols
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Mammas and the Pappas had that anthem with it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
French band Air swear by them ..... Severed Heads also.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Basically every Beatles song has one. And they only picked it up because Elvis loved his so much.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Soulwax
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
barry manilow famously said "I owe the success of this one to the beefy sound of the ms-20 filter" during an interview about his 1973 smash hit 'I gots roses on my piano and tulips on my organ'
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Lots of MS20 action here - e.g. from 1:17:30 on - and much else besides:

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Of the top of my head :

Portishead
Aphex Twin
Air
Vince Clarke
Mr.Oizo
Goldfrapp
Royskopp
William Orbit
Luke Vibert
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

portishead

human league

royskopp

daft punk

depeche mode

aphex twin

the chems
The Fall were using one to make their god awful racket last time I saw them live.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Will Gregory..

Coincidentally, I'm actually in that video... (If you scroll to 4:18, that's me right behind the synth next to the light. I was on tech/camera duties for Sonic that day.. )

Pics from the event Sonic State Live – Gig Photos
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

What bands????

AIR AIR AIR

JB Dunckel MS-20 sex solo starts at 4:24 (but watch the whole thing!)

Last edited by donato; 1 week ago at 11:54 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

According to Vintage Synth Explorer:

Hildegard von Bingen
Mozart
Django Reinhardt
Bing Crosby
Yo-Yo Ma
Dolly Parton
Walmart Yodel Boy
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Add Ladytron to the list of MS20 fans.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Plus that Tswift banger. Tay loves her MS20.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search