The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland jupiter 8 Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Roland jupiter 8

Hi guys,

I'm searching for a Roland Jupiter 8 at a decent price.
Is this even possible now?
I saw 12000€ on reverb.... but I don't think they'll ever sell at this price.
What would be a decent price in 2019?
Thanks.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Probably very unlikely to find a reasonable price on Reverb or eBay. They're collectors' items, and current owners know that.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rectape View Post
Hi guys,

I'm searching for a Roland Jupiter 8 at a decent price.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Yeah I know But still there's some better deal from time to time and better be quick. Just wanted to chime in if some people found one for a better deal.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

most overrated synth in history.

you aren't going to get a good deal. as said above it's a collectors piece, that's the reason you are buying it so expect to pay the premium.

i can't imagine paying thousands for something all dented and musty but it's the same as a classic car at this point.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Yeah I know But still there's some better deal from time to time and better be quick. Just wanted to chime in if some people found one for a better deal.
a music store here in Rome had sold one for 6500 euros some weeks ago. It remained available only for a very few days. Excellent shape, with MIDI.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidizer View Post
most overrated synth in history.

you aren't going to get a good deal. as said above it's a collectors piece, that's the reason you are buying it so expect to pay the premium.

i can't imagine paying thousands for something all dented and musty but it's the same as a classic car at this point.
I know someone who's thinking to sell his one in very very good condition without midi. What would be the maximum you'll pay for it?
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

+$6K is common. Expect that to rise.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaino View Post
a music store here in Rome had sold one for 6500 euros some weeks ago. It remained available only for a very few days. Excellent shape, with MIDI.
Thanks for sharing!
Old 2 days ago
People have been complaining about the high cost of used Jupiter 8's for at least 15 years here on GS. 10 years ago people were complaining that they cost more than $3,000. The prices just keep going up. Only you can decide if the sound is worth the financial pain. Keep in mind the original US price of $5,295 in 1981 would be about $15,000 in 2019 prices, there are a few now on Reverb less than that and several higher.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

I would probably pay up to around 8k max, at which point I'd seriously be looking at getting a Moog One instead.

Completely different beasts, I know, but when you start getting up into that price range, it would be difficult for me to justify a JP-8 over a Moog One.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

I paid 7k for mine and wished I’d gotten one when they were cheaper. It’s one I was determined to have. If I had that money right now and had to buy one synth with it I might choose the Baloran River over the Jupiter 8, but I fully understand that when you want a JP8 that only the real thing will do.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

I know someone who may be selling theirs. I'll send them this thread.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I know someone who's thinking to sell his one in very very good condition without midi. What would be the maximum you'll pay for it?
wouldn't buy one. but if i was in the market for one i wouldn't care about midi. in fact having midi makes it more lame to me. anyone buying one of these to use in productions has more money than sense... and lets face it, is a hipster of sorts.
Old 1 day ago
An original Jupiter 8 in good condition (or any condition) has collector value now. It's offered at prices out of the reach of most musicians.
And really.. if you have that kind of cash, just spend the 12K in a professional set of monitors, an upgrade of the ADDA interface or a nice front end to your recorder, and buy a few less rare beautiful sounding synths.
For a musician that's the obvious choice. A no brainer, really.

May I point at our Classifieds section where there's also a WTB option?

< moderator hat on I don't think your post was meant as a WTB post (well.. sort of), so I'll leave the thread open. But pls. no WTB or any advertisements in this forum!? thanks >
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search