The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What analog synths all have patch memory and sound not too polished? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

What analog synths all have patch memory and sound not too polished?

I love the core sound of the Pittsburg Microvolt and also the Minibrute from Arturia... but no patch memory is a no go for me with regards to live performance.

What comes near that sound and has patch memory?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I know only of the Se02 and sub37.
But i am no moog fan so u know
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Needs to be desktop format btw.

And i dont like the analog DSI filters so no mopho. Maybe the Mek?

The modor nf1 sounds too digital

The xenophone then.. not bad but not so fond of its core sound

Actually i would like a brute or pittsburg with patch memory but it doesnt exist yet and a matrixbrute is really overkill..

Not easy!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
MFB Dominion Club
Old 1 week ago
Kja
Lives for gear
Mfb, Moog, and artisan, my artisan sounds as fat if not more fat and raw as my microvolt, actually it sounds less polished then the microvolt, but the microvolt has a particular gummy sound.. I don't think anything sounds like it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Circuit Mono Station

Toraiz AS1 has ample patch storage but it does sound quite "polished" to me. Also, DSI filter of course...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Futuresonus Parva is a possibility.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Pete View Post
Circuit Mono Station

Toraiz AS1 has ample patch storage but it does sound quite "polished" to me. Also, DSI filter of course...
The AS1 has the filter from Prophet-6 though, not the CEM filter that is in the Mopho line etc. However, I’m not sure it’s unpolished enough.
Old 1 week ago
i second AS-1. much better filter than the traditional DSI filter in the past.

as for unpolished/polished.. its not a juicy moog sound by default. more edge and focus and dryness. not unlike its spritual predecessor Pro One. and if you need more dirt, its only a guitar pedal away. just use something that can work with synth levels. also its not bad to have wet dry control for some parallel processing.

for example: Zvex Mastotron is a fuzz with adjustable impedance so it can work both with guitars and active instruments including keyboards. of the dirt range, i use Stomp Under Foot big muff clones and various fuzz pedals. there are also low gain overdrive pedals that can be very subtle adding just a touch of edge.

arguably its a different sort of dirt from what you get with a microbrute (that has some of the steiner's diode scream), but MB didn't do much for me in that department. too narrow a sweet spot and a rather flat incarnation of this otherwise fantastic filter. imo AS-1 with and without a drive pedal will be much girthier and warmer from the get go.

cant think of anything else that is desktop. only a rack like the ATC-X Quad Filter version. very flexible, big discrete sound and you get four very different sounding filters. both the diode (303) and the ARP selection can get rather edgy and abrassive with dose of resonance. ringmod and ovedrive built in. finally it has filter input so its possible to introduce filter feedback for extra grind and saturation.

aside from these, all of my favorite edgy synths have no preset memory (ms20/20m, polyvoks, system100, sh101, to name a few..)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I dont like the Dominion's core sound that much after watching several videos but it has crazy lots of features for modulation!

The xeno sounds a bit too reedy for my taste.

What Artisan model?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post
i second AS-1. much better filter than the traditional DSI filter in the past.

as for unpolished/polished.. its not a juicy moog sound by default. more edge and focus and dryness. not unlike its spritual predecessor Pro One. and if you need more dirt, its only a guitar pedal away. just use something that can work with synth levels. also its not bad to have wet dry control for some parallel processing.

for example: Zvex Mastotron is a fuzz with adjustable impedance so it can work both with guitars and active instruments including keyboards. of the dirt range, i use Stomp Under Foot big muff clones and various fuzz pedals. there are also low gain overdrive pedals that can be very subtle adding just a touch of edge.

arguably its a different sort of dirt from what you get with a microbrute (that has some of the steiner's diode scream), but MB didn't do much for me in that department. too narrow a sweet spot and a rather flat incarnation of this otherwise fantastic filter. imo AS-1 with and without a drive pedal will be much girthier and warmer from the get go.

cant think of anything else that is desktop. only a rack like the ATC-X Quad Filter version. very flexible, big discrete sound and you get four very different sounding filters. both the diode (303) and the ARP selection can get rather edgy and abrassive with dose of resonance. ringmod and ovedrive built in. finally it has filter input so its possible to introduce filter feedback for extra grind and saturation.

aside from these, all of my favorite edgy synths have no preset memory (ms20/20m, polyvoks, system100, sh101, to name a few..)
Yeah i hear ya. The best edgy synths have no patch memory .. that the problem.
And the MB (matrixbrute) has memory and the Steiner filter as well but the audio circuit has been redesigned so it looses lots of the bark of the original.

Pedals as great sounding as they may be another problematic factor as to recall and control.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The peak. Maybe that can fulfil the role i need but i found very little edgy gnarly videos.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search