The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Using SP-404A with WiFi SD card Desktop Synthesizers
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Using SP-404A with WiFi SD card

Hello slutz. I got a Flashair WiFi SD card working on my Synthstrom Deluge using Downrush, a freeware goodie by Jamie Fenton. And it gave me the idea that the same method might also work on my SP-404A. So I ordered another card & experimented a bit. I did get it working, now I can access my samples via Safari, download them, play them, and upload new ones to the card's import folder. It's not very fast & it's not the most rock-solid stable way to operate, but it does mostly seem to work! I think it's an even better upgrade to the SP than it is for the Deluge, since the SP doesn't even have any USB whatsoever.

Hope somebody else finds this useful. If you wanna try it out, let me know & I'll try to list out the steps I took to get the card & the SP to play nice.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I bought a Toshiba WiFI SD card for my SP-404A to do the same thing, but I haven't been able to get it to work sending samples back and forth using the Toshiba software. I'll try Downrush now that I know about it.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
So FYI, I ended up having to let the SP format the card, which was a bit scary b/c I thought I’d probably kill the wifi. But lucky for me it seems the Downrush folders have everything you need. I have not tried using the Toshiba app after doing all this. But it’s pretty much useless for what we’re doing anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrious View Post
I bought a Toshiba WiFI SD card for my SP-404A to do the same thing, but I haven't been able to get it to work sending samples back and forth using the Toshiba software. I'll try Downrush now that I know about it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search