The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Omnisphere 2.6 Update
Old 31st March 2019 | Show parent
adl
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDru ➡️
Coolshop have this on sale today for £259 so I've bought it, seems a very good deal considering the amount of sounds plus the recent updates.

I've just sold my Ultranova which has covered most of the cost
Thanks for the hint! It's 299€ buying from the German website, which is 100€ cheaper compared to everywhere else. Never heard of coolshop before, is it trustworthy and legit?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by d33psp33d ➡️
Omnisphere is just sick, and the updates are outstanding. As a NI komplete owner, its always an interesting upgrade, by interesting I mean `overpriced`. The value in omnisphere `free` upgrades blows NI out of the water. I am ready to give Spectrasonics more money at this point, it's that good, and as far as a vst synth goes, its #1 imo.
If you want to give them some more money and you haven't got Keyscape then get it. Another fantastic plugin and you get all the samples/patches from it in Omnisphere too when it is installed.
Deleted 4726169
Quote:
Originally Posted by adl ➡️
Never heard of coolshop before, is it trustworthy and legit?
First time ordering with them, so I will have to report back next week
adl
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 4726169 ➡️
That's to late! It's just a weekend offer running till tonight.
Judging by reviews it's a bit mixed bag with them, but seems overall legit. Guess I have to try (and hope for the best) as well.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Thanks for the hint! It's 299€ buying from the German website, which is 100€ cheaper compared to everywhere else. Never heard of coolshop before, is it trustworthy and legit?
Damn thats a juicy discount. So hard to resist.

Must. Be. Strong.

Old 31st March 2019
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Just a couple of observations:
--All the new presets seem to be run through the Brit Vox cab.
--The Gaia presets sound better than the Gaia.

Sadly, I have none of this hardware, so this update was a little... unremarkable.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica ➡️
I noticed that and was wondering if it was intentional..
Old 31st March 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Btw. Do we make this the Tips and Tricks thread for Omnisphere too? Because i got a bunch of questions to users.

1. Does the control hardware always stay where i assigned it to? Or does it follow focus in my DAW? Both has advantages and disadvantages, and things would have to be set up differently.

2. Are there options, so that whenever i open Omnisphere it automatically remembers my controllers and assigns them accordingly, or do i have to do it always by hand? I know its just a button and a menu, but still i would prefer to be able to jam and record directly after opening my go to Cubase template.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica ➡️
--The Gaia presets sound better than the Gaia.

Sadly, I have none of this hardware, so this update was a little... unremarkable.
you kidding me, the new arpeggio update is HARDCORE!!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 4726169 ➡️
Again, thanks for the tip Deleted 4726169. I ordered Keyscape off them when they had a deal on that and they are legit - very good vale and genuine product on weekend deals. I'm hovering over the button now, but my synth expenditure has been eye-watering in the last month (one monster vintage analogue poly plus a smaller one ... other Brainworx software too), so it'll probably take me a few hours to justify this with man maths ...
Old 31st March 2019
Deleted 4726169
No problem! They had the same deal on a weekend or two back and I was gutted to have missed it. I've been googling Omnisphere prices everyday and when I saw the discount was back I jumped on it.

I watched a few videos of the new patches last night and they sound excellent. Can't wait to install and play around, and also linking up to my System 8 for hardware control.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
you kidding me, the new arpeggio update is HARDCORE!!
I was up late literally updating 17 different plugins, wondering why none of them have update detection built in like Omnisphere does. Just a simple "Check for updates" button, even... But no... Have to open ridiculous authorization apps and go to websites and freaking LOG IN just to see what the latest version might be... Grahhhhhh!

I just plinked a bit at the new update, so I'll have to look at the arpeggiation.
Old 2nd April 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Just updated to 2.6 and tried controlling it with my Sub 37 - F A N T A S T I C ! !
Amazing, it's taken Omnisphere to a whole new level
Old 3rd April 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmanzie ➡️
Just updated to 2.6 and tried controlling it with my Sub 37 - F A N T A S T I C ! !
Amazing, it's taken Omnisphere to a whole new level
How close did the omnisphere sound like the sub 37?
Old 3rd April 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
How close did the omnisphere sound like the sub 37?
It's more interesting to me to have the Sub37 hardware control other patches in Omnisphere, so I didn't spend much time on the Sub37 patch.
Old 15th April 2019
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I'm a little sad that Omnisphere doesn't push patch settings to the Nord 3 so we can see all the fun lights and encoders change on the hardware. I get it, since that's a feature unique to the Nord 3, but man that would be cool.
Old 16th April 2019
Gear Addict

Still no matrixbrute support?
📝 Reply