The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ISLA Instruments SP2400 Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 7th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
Why are you asking me why and then proving my point entirely ?
Did you even read what i was saying not so much to ?
I was saying exactly what you said, somebody said that the low_hiss would never have xyz feature, and i said, not so much, its open source, any feature can be added.

I swear down, some people just pick an argument on here for the sake of it, and then argue with themselves !!!
No offense, but your grammar and syntax cause what you write to be difficult to comprehend.
Old 7th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js.theracon View Post
It's really ultra early to say something like this.

A large part of the SP sound being the pitch algo, both software coders (Low Hiss and the one working for Isla) have probably come to the same mathematical conclusions, as the original Emu manual was pretty detailed and transparent on how it worked.
They'll also be using the same SSI filters.
Things like sample input filter and dac may differ.

I expect them to sound quite similar in the end, with respective strengths in other departments.

Anyway we won't have to speculate long on the sound part, as both projects have pretty much the same timeline, and are about to offer sound examples of their full prototypes.
No, it’s not too early. I’ve heard early experiments with both, which mostly relied on their software quality, and Low Hiss’ sounded similar to an original SP-1200, and the Isla didn’t.
Old 7th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakinrecords View Post
.....and the Isla didn’t.
Sounded very much like one to my ears. As did Low Hiss'
Old 8th April 2019
Lives for gear

I cannot wait until some slut is able to do a head to head comparison between an Original, this 2400, and the version @ Low Hiss is working on.

Just think, a few months ago neither of these new options existed. And now, now there are two "new" versions in the works, and moving along nicely.

Good times.
Old 8th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakinrecords View Post
No offense, but your grammar and syntax cause what you write to be difficult to comprehend.
No offense, but if you don't comprehend something, do not comment on it
Old 8th April 2019
Gear Addict

GS tribal warfare - my toy is better than yours etc etc zzzz

Is there a filter on this forum so i only getting notified when the OP posts something to this thread?
Old 8th April 2019
Gear Nut
ISLA Instruments (@islainstruments) • Instagram photos and videos

Some new contents on IG:
-nice international power supply
-mini-poll for the sides material
-First look at an illuminated pad
Old 9th April 2019
roc
Lives for gear

Quote:
ISLA Instruments (@islainstruments) • Instagram photos and videos

Some new contents on IG:
-nice international power supply
-mini-poll for the sides material
-First look at an illuminated pad
lol , All these clones , are what they used to call beat biters , this is the them song , and it's so hip hop .
In the Golden Era of hip hop it was a major rule to not bite (copy) someone else style , thats why you have such a large variety in styles in artist back then because they were original . Today people don't respect those Golden era values thats why everything sounds the same . The good thing about this is it taught you to be original and not a cheap knock off . Just listen to her voice in this song you can tell she meant every word . I'm sorry but these SP-1200 clones is straight up biting why not do something Original .

Last edited by roc; 9th April 2019 at 03:48 AM..
Old 9th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roc View Post
lol , All these clones , are what they used to call beat biters , this is the them song , and it's so hip hop .
In the Golden Era of hip hop it was a major rule to not bite (copy) someone else style , thats why you have such a large variety in styles in artist back then because they were original . Today people don't respect those Golden era values thats why everything sounds the same . The good thing about this is it taught you to be original and not a cheap knock off . Just listen to her voice in this song you can tell she meant every word . I'm sorry but these SP-1200 clones is straight up biting why not do something Original .
Armen, is that you?
Old 9th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Are you sure Lyte even wrote that?
Old 9th April 2019
Lives for gear

The beat is certainly a blatant ripoff of The Honeydrippers - Impeach The President.
Old 9th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Shawn Lov??? Is that you?? Gotta be...

The great irony here is you used a song (10% Diss) as an example of people biting beats and why they shouldn't....and she used the Impeach The President break which was used, several times, the year prior to Lyte As A Rock being released...

Top Billin' and Do The James

But yeah, the golden age.....SO ORIGINAL
Old 9th April 2019
Lives for gear

Nerd Fight!!!

Old 10th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Nerd Fight!!!

May I use this in my signature? This is the funniest thing I’ve seen in a while.

I have much respect for Shawn Lov. The man is true to his convictions and he’s one of the last true Boom-Bap producers left.

Most of you make these girly “Lo-Fi Beats”, which hit like a pencil against wet tissue paper, and you think you’re Boom-Bap producers. I’d take Shawn’s opinion over the next Dilla sycophant’s.
Old 10th April 2019
Lives for gear

Whoa now, no need to drag Dilla into this.

I love both of those things, and a dozen others.
Old 18th April 2019
Gear Addict

Love ISLAS new fb vid
Old 18th April 2019
Gear Nut
Sound snippets announced for the end of the week !
Old 18th April 2019
Lives for gear

I'd never support a brand with such unprofessional people running it. Buyer beware with this clown show.
Old 18th April 2019
Gear Addict

I have noticed an increased amount of Kordbot updates on FB since they announced the SP...Bit of a charm offensive going on

Proof in the SP pudding will be the sound clips
Old 18th April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
I didn't realise the SP1200 was exclusive to the hip hop genre only
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

All gone quiet
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by akai_world View Post
All gone quiet
I'm not saying it's aliens, but it's aliens.

/C
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'm just waiting to see and HEAR the finished product
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
New website at Isla instruments, you can't click on the Sp-2400 pre-order button yet, but it's there...

So it looks like there won't be a crowdfunding campaign for this product.
Old 1 week ago
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Nice !
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
New website at Isla instruments, you can't click on the Sp-2400 pre-order button yet, but it's there...

So it looks like there won't be a crowdfunding campaign for this product.
That you cant click the menu, doesnt mean the webpage isnt online yet https://www.islainstruments.com/sp-2400/
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbenjamins View Post
That you cant click the menu, doesnt mean the webpage isnt online yet https://www.islainstruments.com/sp-2400/
Ha ha ! Last days I've tried it with /products/sp-2400 to follow the same kind of path as the kordbot, should have checked all the possibilities.
Well done, thanks
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Can't wait for the OG boom bap gangstas to slug it out over which SP is the real mothaf*ucka
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbenjamins View Post
bloody hell, Mick. stop hax0ring my interwebz...
take no notice of any info on that page, it's just for placeholder purposes (hence it not being live, you hacker..)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search