The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ISLA Instruments SP2400
Old 1 week ago
This is shaping up pretty great. Can’t wait to see how sample slicing/pad assignment is working and of course sequencing.
Old 1 week ago
When I saw him turn that potentiometer and hear instantly the sound on Facebook this morning , my jaw literally drop.

In complete honesty, I was NEVER hoping for that sort of a beast machine.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict
Lets hope for a nice weekend progress update...
Old 11 hours ago
Lives for gear

Last two days of the intro price. Was really hoping we'd see some updates and see some sequencer action to help me make the hard call.

There's plenty of time until late May 2020 (ship estimate) for Isla to work out the initial problems - actually, that's just two months away.

Okay, read the last newsletter, looks like mid-to-late June if you order now.

Not sure what to do. Part of me says "just order it, if you hate it or you can take the beta period, you can sell it for $250-$300 more once it takes off". The other part of me says "it's worth it to wait and see."

Sold my Tempest (possible mistake), so I have the funds ready.

Thoughts?

I've had one great Kickstarter experience this year (Camera Bag). Another one has delayed shipping (MIDI Box), but I'm confident it'll arrive. Even though this isn't a Kickstarter, I'm just not sure what to do.

Sorry to express any doubt.
Old 9 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis_13 View Post
Last two days of the intro price. Was really hoping we'd see some updates and see some sequencer action to help me make the hard call.

There's plenty of time until late May 2020 (ship estimate) for Isla to work out the initial problems - actually, that's just two months away.

Okay, read the last newsletter, looks like mid-to-late June if you order now.

Not sure what to do. Part of me says "just order it, if you hate it or you can take the beta period, you can sell it for $250-$300 more once it takes off". The other part of me says "it's worth it to wait and see."

Sold my Tempest (possible mistake), so I have the funds ready.

Thoughts?

I've had one great Kickstarter experience this year (Camera Bag). Another one has delayed shipping (MIDI Box), but I'm confident it'll arrive. Even though this isn't a Kickstarter, I'm just not sure what to do.

Sorry to express any doubt.
I was also doubting and was about to sell my MPC 3000 before ordering it.

I finally decided to order it and kept my MPC 3000.

I dont see anything being a possible let down in the project. I think he made some honest mistake with his first project and he wont repeat them this time.

But I dont know how much you ''need'' the IS2400. In my case it was really just to had another color to the sampling textures and the added feature became clear to me that it would highly ease my workflow OTB.

I think only you can make that call. No one really know what the final product will really be but I'm personally confident that it wont be a let down on my expectation. It has all I really wanted and more.
Old 9 hours ago
Lives for gear

Also still on the fence about this. I've checked specs and watched vids, but don't feel like i know enough about the sequencer yet. Does any one know how similar/different it will be to the original? I actually am hoping for improvements rather than 1:1 copying--there was a lot that was frustrating about the SP sequencer that could easily be fixed.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search