The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ISLA Instruments S2400
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Nice beat and sound by SkiBeatz indeed.

I want to know if song mode is already implemented
as the patterns seemed to be switching automatically in the vid.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I wanna see Alan Braxe on it
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

i wanna see DJ Muggs on it.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
Sorry but didnt see ski beats doing anything there.

Show us how YOU made the track or the beat.

Dont be just moving to the beat.

Cheers
true, this is tricky and dangerous "marketing" .. it's only hype. He only touched one slider for 1 nano-second and didn't change anything...I'm not sure why this has anything to do with the S2400....
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Absolutely.

I am going to buy one of these to go with my Fantom 8 but I wanna see more.

Give me a video where they load up the sounds and make a beat from scratch.

Not all buyers of this instrument will be a power user or never seen or touched the original.

I wish Brad well with sales and when they are out in the wild I will put up my hard earned.

Yes I know its early days but you have enough beta testers and its time for them to show there ****.

Cheers
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

this is for the IG generation i need a one minute fix of et though

i am a customer in waiting, vids like that do nothing for me or my interest in the 2400 (contrary in fact) and i would expect nobody else to find anything in them either but there we go

for sure if i press record on a camera and plan on loading it to the world i am at least going to be sweating on the machine flipping between modes and making human errors while creating a pattern, not sat like a stone @ a desk watching a box play looped audio but whatever i understand this is a 'famous' hip hop producer? so this matters to promo and to many out there, just not me, i would be no different if it was techno or house, it is about more than watching a playback.

i am me, the world is them

edit: seems the world is thirsty for demos of any kind, i should maybe edit the above to avoid melting a snowflake but won't, i am happy to see these out there too but i would rather see someone say god damn this pattern structure is clever, check this out, or god damn this sequencer is radical the way i can do this without pressing stop or god damn god daaaaamn
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Cracker View Post
Nice beat and sound by SkiBeatz indeed.

I want to know if song mode is already implemented
as the patterns seemed to be switching automatically in the vid.
did the patterns change though?

this could all be a singular recorded sequence, we know that is working from past vids
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I really appreciate the communication and attention to detail that has been displayed throughout the development process. I've never experienced anything like this in my life and support this project wholeheartedly. I ran around and imported knobs and things just to bring my controllers up to something close to what I wanted. The creator of this marvelous device has spared no expense even on the slider knobs here. This is ilk here to those who have wanted a box like this It's unseen to have someone show the process and develop something like this. Other companies I've never seen share their frigging development process and down to even palette shipment layouts lol before they expect us to pay hundreds, thousands of dollars. We're ready when they touch down. LADIES AND GENTS IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF WEEKS BEFORE THEY'RE IN FLORIDA! I can't wait

I wouldn't worry about seeing others use it or expect that to be a decisive factor for those waiting on it, just go for it, I'm enjoying seeing the clips I'm not looking for them to break the whole thing down instantaneously. The EASki beat sounds incredible. Really. It plays samples it's under 1000 bucks. It seems a dream. It's one of the only things besides constant horrorshow in this pathetic 2020 straight up

Last edited by Baltimore; 1 week ago at 07:19 PM.. Reason: trim down, clarify
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

yup

i wanna see just how it shapes up next to my other samplers and especially how it operates under pressure, we know it sounds great, cannot wait to treat it like the instrument it is, really looking forward to it

edit: i should add, the above is relevant upon receipt of my my model, i don't wish for others to show me this
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Brad said he’s doing a livestream today in the afternoon (East coast time).
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis_13 View Post
Brad said he’s doing a livestream today in the afternoon (East coast time).
thanks i didn't know this

somebody post up if they find the time it is on

in England here so that is evening for me
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I haven't looked forward to something like this, that isn't a prior-released piece longed for since it already made an indelible mark, EVER. Other than lusting for a guitar, game console, or bike or something as a youth. I'm excited for it to touch down (only weeks now!) and get that 20% of workshop building needed to be done, and get to use it. Cool vids from folks using it immediately are a cool bonus to check out - hinging a potential preorder purchase on whether a vid is posted showing immediate brilliance or not, or complete walk-through I don't get and I think is a hard criterion to hold to vids, and not the point of any vids. And I'd say the EASki beat *is* an example of immediate brilliance being demonstrated tbf.

Other gear co's expect people to spend tons of money on and we don't know anything except a corny produced hype promo video they put out to get hype after the development is completed in secret. This s24 is documented enough to be worth price just for what we know it can do. We have other samplers and stuff from the last 35 years this will sit among, none of them have revealed the process like this. I've never done a preorder or anything like this before, this thing I just want to support. Having device like this will help us create in the midst of the madness (no question who the baddest), I really don't think timing could be more appropriate and I hope it gets in the air with any correctable bugs and all. It's awesome to just enjoy others using it and not look at it like if someone makes a detailed vid then that's a litmus for getting it, at this point it's well shown what this box is about

It's inspired me before even getting it, how many devices can we honestly say that about. I think deeply and imagine of the design and aesthetic of things and this thing is pretty much devoid of criticism from me from a design perspective, I can NEVER say that. The MP500, I didn't like the janky wheel, the hodgepodge of button colors, with some mods, it turned out a beaut, but still not on a quality level etc, and FW updates PSHHH none. Always some mods, or nonadjustable things, build quality, even fonts, layout, etc, that we just have to deal with upon release. This thing I literally can't really even nitpick as far as build/design at all. Other things, when the system FW is out, it's out, we deal with it, and there are minimal, if any, updates from these major players and esp past gear.

Anyway I'm not going to ramble more but I'm glad I know I'm not the only one. I guess I've fallen into the pit and realize I'm capitulating to what gear lust this forum is named for haha. DOH

Last edited by Baltimore; 1 week ago at 07:41 PM.. Reason: trim down, clarify
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

IDK, some of you might be less inclined to buy seeing the videos that have come out in the past day, or so, not me. I'm impressed - we've gotten multiple vids from people who have has the beta units for what, 1 or 2 days. That indicates to me that the workflow is close enough to the SP1200 to fall right into it. If you asked me to do a video about a new piece of gear it would be weeks (months if it's by Elektron). These are also people with much more of a pedigree than I would ever expect to have and they are excited enough to drop everything and knock out something immediately. Tough crowd.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimore View Post
It's unseen to have someone show the process and develop something like this. Other companies I've never seen share their frigging development process and down to even palette shipment layouts lol
ehhm/..Behringer does (they don't ship 90% of the stuff they present though LOL), and also some other companies like the guy from the River etc.

But ofcourse, we hope the S2400 will be delivered soon, and will be a huge succes! It's really a labour or love...and we watched it's conception lol
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumcrazyfx View Post
IDK, some of you might be less inclined to buy seeing the videos that have come out in the past day, or so, not me. I'm impressed - we've gotten multiple vids from people who have has the beta units for what, 1 or 2 days. That indicates to me that the workflow is close enough to the SP1200 to fall right into it. If you asked me to do a video about a new piece of gear it would be weeks (months if it's by Elektron). These are also people with much more of a pedigree than I would ever expect to have and they are excited enough to drop everything and knock out something immediately. Tough crowd.
I don't mind to see something simple and basic being created or some basic mutes and changes... but we're not simple, are we?

Simply pressing play on *something* and having a S2400 in the frame and don't touch it, and claim it's being used to reproduce a hiphop classic is just strange..

Claiming the sound is superior to an Akai MPC and not describing what's going on with the settings, or gain-staging or whatever, what can I say... again, we're not stupid...
Old 1 week ago
It takes time to do a proper video demonstrating how to use a piece of gear like this. These beta testers may not even know how to produce an effective video demonstration and I never expected such. One should have a script prepared that will clearly explain each action and provide clear visual context of what you are doing. This will likely require multiple takes and edits, as well as a good camera angle.
These beta tester videos may be a bit pointless, but I didn't expect them to go through the entire process of producing a track and I don't believe Brad ever indicated that they would be providing such demonstrations.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

If you've been following this process you saw the post from Brad, what, 4-5 days ago with the beta units packed up and ready to be shipped. I'm surprised we've gotten any videos from the beta testers this soon. I expect we'll get meat-and-potatoes instructional videos - in time. I don't see these initial videos being that much different than the flashy roll-out videos we see from Roland, NI, Arturia, etc., other than they are more organic. They are great, but only a bit to satisfy the great interest in getting any info on a new product. Arturia rolled out the new vocoder on the Micro Freak but I still had to go here to find out how to set it up. Roland updated the firmware on the TR-8S but didn't publish the addendum to the manual on the day they announced it. I still think the expectations are a little inflated.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

get some ice cream and relax everyone. . . jesus
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

i don't think anyone was looking for / is looking for any sort of video or how to manual type thingamajig
Old 1 week ago
ffs... relax people.

I'm trying to do a full length tour of the machine, I can't expect them to do that, they don't know the machine like I do.
I have a lot on my plate, not making excuses but I'm getting to it.

I won't post any more of the snippets from artists here then, if you want to look at them you know where to find them.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
And this is why we can't have nice things
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradholland View Post
ffs... relax people.

I'm trying to do a full length tour of the machine, I can't expect them to do that, they don't know the machine like I do.
I have a lot on my plate, not making excuses but I'm getting to it.

I won't post any more of the snippets from artists here then, if you want to look at them you know where to find them.
you know how it gets man, the shark tank lid has been opened now and we are hungry

i think i can speak for all and say we look forward to that rundown when you get time, no explanations about time required fella, you have been magic throughout Brad i truly doubt anybody expects a beta user to do the above, i think words and expectations are fighting each other

Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by earwolf View Post
And this is why we can't have nice things
my lady loves her - me the contrary

i hate the fact i can't wake for a pi%% in the middle of the night and not sing her tracks, drives me mad and stops me sleeping

yes, i think there are underlying issues i am not facing up to
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I wanna see Alan Braxe on it
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boom ska boom ska berp berp yogurt yogurt tah!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Apply the Braxe!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Basic Sample/Editing demo by Chaz Emphatic

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Now thats what Im talking about.

Lead the way Chaz.

Very informative man.

Keep posting please.

Cheers
Old 1 week ago
Cant wait to get busy on this thing.. Have like 4 song ideas queued up for this thing..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Im gonna have mine midi up to the Fantom 8 and have 8 channels of vocals.

Mic in and loop some crazy ****.

Cheers
📝 Reply