The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
any suggestions for a synth for around 500 Dollars Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

any suggestions for a synth for around 500 Dollars

Im selling my mintaur and have about 400-600 dollars to buy a new synth. Any suggestions??
Old 6 days ago
Why sell the Minitaur? What are you looking for instead?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

What else do you have? Why do you want a synth? More info, please.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Ms-20 mini
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

What are you looking for? Analogue? Digital? Keyboard important? Mobility / portability important? New? Second hand? Mono / poly? Lots of presets or none? Etc et

Price is just one factor. Your answers to the questions above will determine wheter a good synth is also a good synth for you..
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Flexible

Digital or Analogue, keys or not doesn't matter, Mobility isn't a factor. Pretty much anything goes. I dont really need a strictly analogue bass synth and its pretty limited in what it can do. I have v-synth, a virus ti, a bass station, and a mopho. I am really looking for something much more flexible analogue or Digital.

Thanks!
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry.w.collins View Post
Digital or Analogue, keys or not doesn't matter, Mobility isn't a factor. Pretty much anything goes. I dont really need a strictly analogue bass synth and its pretty limited in what it can do. I have v-synth, a virus ti, a bass station, and a mopho. I am really looking for something much more flexible analogue or Digital.

Thanks!
Buy my Tetra. Polychain it to your MoPho. Now you have a 5 voice MoPho.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

If you’re looking for an analog poly (with DCOs, granted), you can get the Behringer Deepmind 12 (open box) for $499 from ProAudioStar.

I ordered one last week, and they offered me a new one for $29 more.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac
For flexibility at that price, new, it would be hard to go past the DM12. ^

In fact, far as new synths go ... nothing else comes to mind, given what you already own. Other than some VSTi offerings ...
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut
Guitar Center sold me an Arturia MiniBrute last week on closeout for $500. Nice 2-VCO synth with an all-analog signal path, really powerful sequencer, large patch bay for rewiring to make a huge array of sounds.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Minilogue xD due out before the end of February. Cheap and flexible.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Guitar Center sold me an Arturia MiniBrute last week on closeout for $500. Nice 2-VCO synth with an all-analog signal path, really powerful sequencer, large patch bay for rewiring to make a huge array of sounds.
You mean a MiniBrute 2, right? The first version should cost less than that and only has 1 VCO.

Have you considered a Bass Station 2? It has a lot more features than the first version you have.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Reface DX, Arturia Microfreak or Minilogue XD would each give you something new, at slightly different price points. The latter two are brand new and not quite available yet, AFAIK. Elektron Model:Samples (it doesn't, but it plays them), Korg Volca Modular, etc... all kinds of stuff out there in addition to analog or VA subtractive synths, that would add versatility to your setup.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiatr_fiend View Post
You mean a MiniBrute 2, right? The first version should cost less than that and only has 1 VCO.

Have you considered a Bass Station 2? It has a lot more features than the first version you have.
2 VCO two due dos..and can just recommend the 2s very much .. is a pretty crazy synth with fm
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

The new Korg minilogue XD looks/sounds pretty nice.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search