The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UK bleep, bass, techno thread... Special Ef­fects Plugins
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac
2 virtually unknown (in the UK at least) Dutch tracks that hardly anybody knew of in 1991 and still sound different to anything that came before and after, to the best of my knowledge. Took me around 15 years to acquire them after Bunkerheadz id'd them for me about 14 years ago, so credit to him

Time Problem came out on the Serious Beats series a few years later, but used to for around £100 before then.

Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

Anyone else going to Lab11 in Birmingham tonight?

Altern8/Mark Archer on the line-up.

Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektronix View Post
Anyone else going to Lab11 in Birmingham tonight?

Altern8/Mark Archer on the line-up.

Mark Archer's Boiler Room Set is still IMHO the best of the series by a long shot and I have never been a big fan so it came as some surprise to enjoy this so much.

Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiglo View Post
2 virtually unknown (in the UK at least) Dutch tracks that hardly anybody knew of in 1991 and still sound different to anything that came before and after, to the best of my knowledge. Took me around 15 years to acquire them after Bunkerheadz id'd them for me about 14 years ago, so credit to him

Time Problem came out on the Serious Beats series a few years later, but used to for around £100 before then.

Track 2 prob. got overlooked as Hardcore/Jungle took over that year - it was 1992 that House/Techno started to make a comeback(Remember Progressive House?! Guerilla/Limbo etc)

Anyway more Bleeps Vicar!

Same artist - no bleepies!

Damn - I used to own all these cuts....
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Just stumbled on this - sounds awesome!
Old 3 days ago
i thought this entire thread was specific to UK bleep, bass & techno!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn303 View Post
i thought this entire thread was specific to UK bleep, bass & techno!
Belgiums not that far away, TBH the Bleep thing was a small blip in the UK, but some of the tracks from elsewhere were doing it too in the US etc...
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac
Maybe the OP can clarify before I throw in any more tracks. Seemed to be going in all sorts of ways so I chipped in a couple of lesser known tunes not to breakmixers tastes.

Does he just want proper bleepy techno?

What is bass music too? Is that what the kids call a particular sound these days? Is it a genre?
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Maybe the OP can clarify before I throw in any more tracks. Seemed to be going in all sorts of ways so I chipped in a couple of lesser known tunes not to breakmixers tastes.

Does he just want proper bleepy techno?

What is bass music too? Is that what the kids call a particular sound these days? Is it a genre?
I think the OP meant the 1990 Leeds/Sheffield Bleeps & Bass Techno sound(the tracks were renowned for their deep subby bass), not related to todays 'Bass' Music umbrella definition.

To be honest their probably wasn't a shedload of actual(non hardcore rave) UK Bleep Techno releases - it was a thing of 1990 then gone again.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Njoi rocked, saw them a few times. Including this gig. Great to have it online.
My fav is the track that starts from 3:37. But all of this is pretty stellar, apart from the vocals on anthem.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I only known "Bass music" as a more recent term. After the Americans ripped the dub out of dubstep but kept the name, the UK scene changed the name of their stuff to "Bass music" and then just kept the name when they started making techno.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

some of my memory returned while I was at work..

Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

I was trying to remember that oobi 1 MIC track, my sleeve was orange iirc. Will give the rest a listen tomoz
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by niklasni1 View Post
I only known "Bass music" as a more recent term. After the Americans ripped the dub out of dubstep but kept the name, the UK scene changed the name of their stuff to "Bass music" and then just kept the name when they started making techno.
That's basically it, the UK scene had to find a way to differentiate the actual Dubstep sound from the comedic hair metal-esque stuff masquerading as the same genre, as it wasn't exactly clear which you'd get at a night, so got terms like "Proper Dubstep", "140" and "Bass". The latter might seem a bit silly taken on its own, but its a subtle dig at the other type of Dubstep where the deep lows are relatively non-existant and its a hugely important aspect of British dance music as a whole, as well as a deep love of Dub.

The move towards Techno is just result of every white kid who lives in East London is apparently moving to Berlin.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search