The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How to get this type of pitch drop at release? (Bass synthesis, example provided) Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

How to get this type of pitch drop at release? (Bass synthesis, example provided)

Hey guys!

First of all, I’ve been reading gearslutz for a long time but I’ve never joined until now. I would like to thank everyone who provide such useful information to the community on a regular basis. I mean it. I learned a lot from you fellas and I’m also willing to share my knowledge and experiences to the people - like you did.

So basically I want to add my bass sound a similar pitch drop effect:

YouTube

It’s a simple moogish bass sound with a pitch drop at the release. It’s very subtle and I also know that this effect was part of the patch because I saw a video Battlecat making the beat and he didn’t play and glissandos. Also, it’s not happening everytime, at some point the sound just cuts out as the release amount was very small.
I’m using Trilian so far and I’ve figured out if I set the amp envelope as the mod source then I can modulate the pitch but obviously I have to turn up the release time on the amp as well. Which is cool but sometimes I just want my release to be short. So my question is can you suggest an alternative solution for this other than just editing manually or playing a glissando? (e.g setting the mod wheel somehow to do this effect)

Thank you in advance
tzapa

P.S: Forgive my English skills please...
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search