The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bought a Roland S-760 & SCSI2SD. Can I Load Custom Samples?
Old 12th February 2019
Here for the gear

Bought a Roland S-760 & SCSI2SD. Can I Load Custom Samples?

Bought a Roland S-760 & SCSI2SD. So far I've provisioned the virtual hard drives on the SCSI2SD, no sweat.

I understand that I can load Roland sample libraries as a disk image. But can I create my own disk image with custom samples and load that on the SCSI2SD, and have the S760 read that instead?
Old 14th February 2019
Here for the gear

hope it's not rude to bump
Old 14th February 2019
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by esstucke View Post
But can I create my own disk image with custom samples and load that on the SCSI2SD, and have the S760 read that instead?
Technically it is possible. But you will have to research Ckickensys Translator topics. I never converted wav to Roland. Only to Akai via Translator and that works perfect.
Old 14th February 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
Technically it is possible. But you will have to research Ckickensys Translator topics. I never converted wav to Roland. Only to Akai via Translator and that works perfect.

You know I bought a JD-990 last year after reading your site about it. It's fantastic. And well, this S-760 is a direct result of liking the JD-990 so much. So I have you to thank. While I've got your attention, any other synths you recommend? I've been looking at V-Synths, and curious if they sound as good as the JDs/S-7XXs

So is this proprietary Roland sample format just lost to time? I'm surprised there are no open source solutions for this. Any resources online that you can recommend for delving more deeply into the technical specifications? So far I've been perusing llamamusic.com and related resources. I'd love to attempt a DIY solution to converting wavs to Roland format. Otherwise, I suppose Chickensys Translator will suffice. Thanks for the tip!
Old 14th February 2019
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

V-Synth XT is very nice general tool for - everything. Sorta like a Swiss knife. Excellent Vocoder, decent D-50 emulation (not exact unfortunately), nice synth engine, awesome variphrase technology although some ppl say VP-9000 sounds even better (fuller) when doing variphrase.
Old 14th February 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
V-Synth XT is very nice general tool for - everything. Sorta like a Swiss knife. Excellent Vocoder, decent D-50 emulation (not exact unfortunately), nice synth engine, awesome variphrase technology although some ppl say VP-9000 sounds even better (fuller) when doing variphrase.
Thanks Don! Your recommendations go a long way.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search