The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
February 2019 New gear thread. Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Cubit midi splitter arrived quickly. I'll probably purchase more. Also grabbed a 4th Monologue, as the used prices keep going down.
Attached Thumbnails
February 2019 New gear thread.-image_8990_0.jpg   February 2019 New gear thread.-image_6183_1.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
WDM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by proverbs View Post
Cubit midi splitter arrived quickly. I'll probably purchase more. Also grabbed a 4th Monologue, as the used prices keep going down.
4th Monologue? That's slutty... What is your final goal/number of Monologues?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by proverbs View Post
Also grabbed a 4th Monologue...
Keep that up and you'll have Manylogues.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Finally grabbed the Memory Moon ME-80, stoked!
Attached Thumbnails
February 2019 New gear thread.-me-80.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppit View Post
Finally grabbed the Memory Moon ME-80, stoked!
I bought the MemoryMoon v2 patch library from this guy here. Sounds great! Pretty much nailed the Blade Runner lead. Very nice guy and excellent player—listed email address is still active.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio460 View Post
I bought the MemoryMoon v2 patch library from this guy here
Nice! I have actually seen this video. At the time I am still in the honeymoon phase, so the included patches and my own twisting is plenty.
But I will keep this in the back of my mind...
Old 3 weeks ago
vlz
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
This
plus 8 more voices for the Prophet REV2
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I got a couple of new things on Friday.

- Neutron

- Keystep

- Laptop stand

- 3 foot patch cables

February 2019 New gear thread.-20190220_newgear.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
February 2019 New gear thread.-20190220_newgear.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbenjamins View Post

Hello there Sonic Potions LXR
Well, that didn't last long... Just sold the LXR, and replaced it with a Machinedrum SPS-1 UW+ MKII

It's in perfect condition, it even had the foil still on the screen
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

February 2019 New gear thread.-e03fb273-7041-4aae-8c41-b7fcb4c0c3d7.jpg

Finally own this. Can’t wait to watch!
Attached Thumbnails
February 2019 New gear thread.-e03fb273-7041-4aae-8c41-b7fcb4c0c3d7.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbenjamins View Post
Well, that didn't last long... Just sold the LXR, and replaced it with a Machinedrum SPS-1 UW+ MKII

It's in perfect condition, it even had the foil still on the screen
Pyramid pairs well with the MDUW imo. Might seem a bit counterintuitive at first, but given the weakest point of the MDUW in 2019 is the sequencer, the Pyramid is great at filling in those gaps and modernizing it. My Machinedrum certainly got new life that way. Plus, the MDUW is such a killer Swedish Army Knife that it can fill in a bunch of other functions if you ever get tired of using it for, you know, drums.
Old 3 weeks ago
I've paid for a Moog One (16 voice), a Buchla iPatch, Easel Bundle and have already picked up a Grandmother,an OB6 a DFAM a Soma Lyra and a Novation Peak.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
I've paid for a Moog One (16 voice), a Buchla iPatch, Easel Bundle and have already picked up a Grandmother,an OB6 a DFAM a Soma Lyra and a Novation Peak.
Cool man, I got a GX1 a Knifonium, 2 Schmids and can't make my mind between a Moog System-55 or another Hartmann 20
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Is software gear?

I added Synthesizer V to the mix.
Love it.

Synthesizer V - Official Website
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
Cool man, I got a GX1 a Knifonium, 2 Schmids and can't make my mind between a Moog System-55 or another Hartmann 20
That only counts if you post photos of your doggo next to it.

(I know you’re being cheeky, I just love your puppers)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
Very nice! I don’t suppose this might be indicative of some Morcheeba action, is it?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Just “finished” my modular:

And two DB25 to TRS snakes to connect the WMD PM DB25 expander to my interface.

Mind you, I can always go bigger, but those were the last remaining things in my racks, and given that I have more gear than time these days I’m theoretically “done” now. I could conceivably spend the next decade only using what I have and not run out of options, only limited by my creativity. Doesn’t mean I may not go further down the rabbit hole, but having more than I need and no compulsion for more over what I have now feels good.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathodeRay View Post
I liked the MODX so much after a couple days that i swapped it out today for a Montage. I could have lived happy with it in most every way but just missed the aftertouch too much. I didn't want to have to keep my old board around just for that.

Tell me more. I’m really torn deciding between those two. I’ve been lusting for the Montage since I tried it when it debuted at NAMM a few years ago, and I’m still leaning that way...but the MODX is definitely more in line with my budget. As it’s an instrument I’m looking at really growing with tho, I’m ok with spending more on the Montage in the end, even if I’d prefer to spend as little as possible. One of these two is definitely landing in my studio sooner than not.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatz View Post
Nice! I call it the Christmas tree synth, because of the purty colored lights.

It is more like new year sync
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
Very nice! I don’t suppose this might be indicative of some Morcheeba action, is it?
Not on my part. I'm just the brand holder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
Well you get to live in Switzerland.

Last edited by Don Solaris; 3 weeks ago at 10:31 AM.. Reason: merged rather than back to back posting
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I think thats code for post some pictures..
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

So I got myself a Neutron. I think that's about it for synths, given the space limitations!

Gonna need a few more risers to organise it a little better (get the Blofeld out of its hiding space!!!)

Looking forward to getting to know this beastie.
Attached Thumbnails
February 2019 New gear thread.-studio-desk.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
i was bored so I bought this...Ive always liked their verbs so I hope its good

Old 3 weeks ago
A Deepmind12d. Loving it so far.
Attached Thumbnails
February 2019 New gear thread.-95d2fc8d-86ab-48ef-935d-8dfe5235cea3.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
Tell me more. I’m really torn deciding between those two. I’ve been lusting for the Montage since I tried it when it debuted at NAMM a few years ago, and I’m still leaning that way...but the MODX is definitely more in line with my budget. As it’s an instrument I’m looking at really growing with tho, I’m ok with spending more on the Montage in the end, even if I’d prefer to spend as little as possible. One of these two is definitely landing in my studio sooner than not.
It really came down to the after touch. I had figured i could always use my TS-10 or Motif keybeds to control the MODX but what i didn't realize was that Yamaha hard coded the midi channel for each part in a performance and it can't be changed so doing so is cumbersome at best.
That and i ended up finding a open box deal on a Montage for $500 more than i paid for the MODX and if i was to sell my Motif or TS-10 it was a wash so it didn't make sense not to upgrade and reap all the benefits of the whole enchilada. Really happy things worked out the way they did.
Old 3 weeks ago
Had an Audiothingies Micromonsta show up here this morning
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Well finally, Mick! Enjoy it!
Old 3 weeks ago

MPC Live + five Mars libraries + MPC Bible + 180GB SSD; ($750); Wowza!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Arturia Keystep.

Great little keyboard for connecting up to my desktop modules et al. Keys are quite playable too.

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search