two Craves in the wild build quality is good
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer Crave-craves.jpg  
Old 31st October 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxout View Post
two Craves in the wild build quality is good
So it has got Midi Out & Thru on the same connection - that's a change from the demo models. Does it come with a manual? As the quick start guide on behringer's website is out of date - based on that change. Does it show how to implement how that midi port functions?
Old 31st October 2019
Gear Nut

The Quick Start Guide is in the box in printed form. It looks like its the same as the PDF file on the Behringer website. On the pictures in the printed guide the Midi Out is just marked as Midi Thru only. Hard to tell if there are differences in the text. But i think its the same.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by calnyc View Post
It's also amazing me that the expectation is you've read an entire 38-page thread before posting.
You must be new around here, eh?

This trend goes well beyond this one thread.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
The Quick Start Guide is in the box in printed form. It looks like its the same as the PDF file on the Behringer website. On the pictures in the printed guide the Midi Out is just marked as Midi Thru only. Hard to tell if there are differences in the text. But i think its the same.
Hmmm, well that's going to be hard to work out how to change the function of it from Thru to Out if it's not in the quick start guide - I imagine it's got to be done via some hidden key pressing. Hopefully it's set to Out as default rather than Thru (well, for what I want it for anyway).

Hopefully someone from Behringer will turn up in the thread to answer any questions until a proper manual appears.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Does the Behringer synth tool work with it?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy.hudd View Post
Hmmm, well that's going to be hard to work out how to change the function of it from Thru to Out if it's not in the quick start guide - I imagine it's got to be done via some hidden key pressing. Hopefully it's set to Out as default rather than Thru (well, for what I want it for anyway).

Hopefully someone from Behringer will turn up in the thread to answer any questions until a proper manual appears.
Everything I have ever owned that has combined out and thru it just does both jobs. Passes through any incoming midi data combined with the midi data provided by the unit in question. Nice and easy
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
You must be new around here, eh?

This trend goes well beyond this one thread.
Criticizing Behringer for making clones? I'm not beating that dead horse. I am addressing those who think Crave is not a Mother 32 clone. There's a lot of them, apparently.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Criticizing Behringer for making clones? I'm not beating that dead horse. I am addressing those who think Crave is not a Mother 32 clone. There's a lot of them, apparently.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids View Post
It's not in the Model D or the K-20 so nope.
Not in the Deepmind or Odyssey either... The Behringer haters are getting behind in the facts, but that is ok, because I can have a good laugh at them ;-)
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy.hudd View Post

not really, it is most likely to be what is referred to as a soft thru

out OR thru , you choose
Gear Guru

Quote:
zzzzzzz zzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz

hasn't this been done, and done, and done?

you wanna do it all over again?
Old 1st November 2019 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klankdroid View Post
Not in the Deepmind or Odyssey either... The Behringer haters are getting behind in the facts, but that is ok, because I can have a good laugh at them ;-)
Don't laugh at them. If you dare laugh, it is only proof that you are part of the Behringer Killer Hate Mob!

My Crave is mid-Atlantic.
Old 1st November 2019
Lives for gear

When they first announced the Crave - I was thinking this would be a good companion to the Behringer Pro1 - both Prophet 5 style oscillators, and could beef up the usefulness of the Pro1. Now I'm not so sure ... does anyone have a Crave and a Pro 1?

Because Behringer took a while to get this out to the public; I've actually forgotton what exactly it was that drew me to that conclusion ... perhaps I'm just getting old and the old noggen is losing brain cells :P
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranzee View Post
When they first announced the Crave - I was thinking this would be a good companion to the Behringer Pro1 - both Prophet 5 style oscillators, and could beef up the usefulness of the Pro1. Now I'm not so sure ... does anyone have a Crave and a Pro 1?

Because Behringer took a while to get this out to the public; I've actually forgotton what exactly it was that drew me to that conclusion ... perhaps I'm just getting old and the old noggen is losing brain cells :P
Sequencer, patchpoints with some utility, ladder VCF - looks like it will play nice with the Pro 1
Old 1st November 2019
Lives for gear

So new crave owners, how does it sound?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by olafmol View Post
So new crave owners, how does it sound?
Sounds pretty good. It's... a 3340 oscillator through a ladder filter - pretty much what you would expect. The envelopes are nice and snappy. If it were the only synth I owned I'd find the single oscillator and restricted single envelope a bit of a pain, but if your needs are simple (and I have a specific use in mind for mine, so the limitations don't bother me), then it will take you a long way, and probably stay with you when other gear arrives.

The sequencer doesn't interest me in the slightest, so I'll leave others to comment on it.

My use for the Crave is as a third oscillator for my Pro-One. I imagine it would pair nicely with Behringer's Pro-1 too.

Mine has arrived with a European PSU connector, so I'm waiting for Thomann to respond as to what they're going to do - and I'm NOT accepting a travel adapter!

Thomann really need to get this sorted out. It happens too often, and it's going to put me off ordering with them in future.

Last edited by The Elf; 1st November 2019 at 03:01 PM..
Old 1st November 2019
Gear Addict
Say hello to my little friend...
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer Crave-73357410_2289982537959509_8696594890705862656_n.jpg  
Gear Head

First impression, just fresh out of the box, I played it over headphones.

mmm Boring is the first thing that comes to mind.

But then again, I knew I didn't this, still bought it. So now ik turns out to be this boring 1vco monosynth, which I should have known.

Don't get me wrong, it sounds good, but nothing Special
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPS71 View Post

But then again, I knew I didn't this, still bought it. So now ik turns out to be this boring 1vco monosynth, which I should have known.

Maybe it isn’t super groovy on it’s own but it’s a sequencer and synth voice with a good bit of patchability for a good price. I’m pairing mine with my neutron.
Old 1st November 2019
Gear Nut

Here is my first live jam with my Craves. I used Valhalla Shimmer, TAL Chorus and Sandman Pro I hope you like it.

Lives for gear

Quote:
Here is my first live jam with my Craves. I used Valhalla Shimmer, TAL Chorus and Sandman Pro I hope you like it.
Sounds great!

What audio interface are you using to plug the Crave into ?
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickman View Post
Sounds great!

What audio interface are you using to plug the Crave into ?
Thank you very much I'm a real slut - Antelope Audio Pure 2 Converter
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you very much I'm a real slut - Antelope Audio Pure 2 Converter
Yeah thats pretty slutty alright Very nice.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPS71 View Post

Maybe you'll have to understand the unit better and get creative. There's nothing groundbreaking to expect from the tone of a single analog voice, it's the modulations and sequence that make those more than an electronic clarinet. I see many possibilities with this unit alone but for 300 euros you can have two units and things become very interesting.
You must be young and spolied with ipads and the likes because for the price it's more than a dream come true for people of my generation who started when computers were only sequencers.
Old 1st November 2019
Gear Maniac

Also remember, Moog sells this for $599 and they sell in the tens of thousands.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elf View Post
Thomann really need to get this sorted out. It happens too often, and it's going to put me off ordering with them in future.
Try and look at is as the price you pay for buying outside your home market in order to jump the gun.
Deleted 0fc8128
Quote:
Here is my first live jam with my Craves. I used Valhalla Shimmer, TAL Chorus and Sandman Pro
Blasphemy to use these expensive effects on this cheap thing!!!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymooger View Post
Try and look at is as the price you pay for buying outside your home market in order to jump the gun.
Thomann market to UK, and commonly send EU adaptors on goods marketed as having UK ones. bax-shop do the same thing..
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_the_peace View Post
Thomann market to UK, and commonly send EU adaptors on goods marketed as having UK ones. bax-shop do the same thing..
yeah you are right and so do music store but adaptors aren't good enough for some, they just want to use a euro shop before a UK shop has stock and then moan that the euro shop didn't specify with its manufacturer that 251 of the 987 units supplied on first batch needed UK plugs

of course the shop would also have to specify the other types it would likely need to keep other nationalities happy too but i doubt that crosses some people's minds before they hit the petulant button
📝 Reply