The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Arturia Microfreak Experimental Hybrid Synthesizer
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I note Thomann are reporting "more than 2000" of these sold up to 09 Sep. Shows there's a big market for affordable experimental synths at the right price.
Really impressed by Arturia at the moment.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappacat View Post
Are they linked together enabling voice sharing and other stuff(didn't know that was possible) or is that just 2 MicroFreaks sitting side by side ?
I've been using them as either a split keyboard with different patches or the same patch played over both. I've also merged the MIDI outputs and used the MEGAFreak as a PolyAT controller.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

MicroFreak Saga Update: Received 2nd unit, it's perfect. No loose knobs, no knob jitter, no phantom edits.

Here's to many hours of solid freaking!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Place cat treats on the flat keyboard of the freak To encourage all your kitties to join in on the freaky fun
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

My very first MicroFreak recording:
https://soundcloud.com/astrospy/micr...bass-test-case

Used the A/B sequences while tweaking, then played an 2-op FM tone over it. Some breakbeats, delay and distortion and a big compressor. Nice job. Real nice.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Hi guys, is the MF output mono or stereo? Do I need a splitter to plug it to two inputs of my soundcard? I'm trying to save on the number of slots of my 18i20.

Manual says: The output of the MicroFreak is monaural. Connecting stereo headphones will merely provide the identical sound on the left and right sides (i.e., mono).

I'm confused. I thought the MF had stereo effects?
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spnc View Post
Hi guys, is the MF output mono or stereo? Do I need a splitter to plug it to two inputs of my soundcard? I'm trying to save on the number of slots of my 18i20.

Manual says: The output of the MicroFreak is monaural. Connecting stereo headphones will merely provide the identical sound on the left and right sides (i.e., mono).

I'm confused. I thought the MF had stereo effects?
100% mono. No advantage to the "stereo" headphone jack - both channels are an identical split.

No effects onboard. A couple oscillators include a single knob chorus parameter, but it's a mono chorus at the oscillator stage, into a single mono filter.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Spy View Post
100% mono. No advantage to the "stereo" headphone jack - both channels are an identical split.

No effects onboard. A couple oscillators include a single knob chorus parameter, but it's a mono chorus at the oscillator stage, into a single mono filter.
Thank you so much. I can save a slot on my interface, great 👌🏻
📝 Reply