The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Arturia Microfreak Experimental Hybrid Synthesizer
Old 30th September 2020
Lives for gear

I note Thomann are reporting "more than 2000" of these sold up to 09 Sep. Shows there's a big market for affordable experimental synths at the right price.
Really impressed by Arturia at the moment.
Old 30th September 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappacat View Post
Are they linked together enabling voice sharing and other stuff(didn't know that was possible) or is that just 2 MicroFreaks sitting side by side ?
I've been using them as either a split keyboard with different patches or the same patch played over both. I've also merged the MIDI outputs and used the MEGAFreak as a PolyAT controller.
Old 1st October 2020
Gear Head

MicroFreak Saga Update: Received 2nd unit, it's perfect. No loose knobs, no knob jitter, no phantom edits.

Here's to many hours of solid freaking!
Old 2nd October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Place cat treats on the flat keyboard of the freak To encourage all your kitties to join in on the freaky fun
Old 5th October 2020
Gear Head

My very first MicroFreak recording:
https://soundcloud.com/astrospy/micr...bass-test-case

Used the A/B sequences while tweaking, then played an 2-op FM tone over it. Some breakbeats, delay and distortion and a big compressor. Nice job. Real nice.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Hi guys, is the MF output mono or stereo? Do I need a splitter to plug it to two inputs of my soundcard? I'm trying to save on the number of slots of my 18i20.

Manual says: The output of the MicroFreak is monaural. Connecting stereo headphones will merely provide the identical sound on the left and right sides (i.e., mono).

I'm confused. I thought the MF had stereo effects?
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by spnc View Post
Hi guys, is the MF output mono or stereo? Do I need a splitter to plug it to two inputs of my soundcard? I'm trying to save on the number of slots of my 18i20.

Manual says: The output of the MicroFreak is monaural. Connecting stereo headphones will merely provide the identical sound on the left and right sides (i.e., mono).

I'm confused. I thought the MF had stereo effects?
100% mono. No advantage to the "stereo" headphone jack - both channels are an identical split.

No effects onboard. A couple oscillators include a single knob chorus parameter, but it's a mono chorus at the oscillator stage, into a single mono filter.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Spy View Post
100% mono. No advantage to the "stereo" headphone jack - both channels are an identical split.

No effects onboard. A couple oscillators include a single knob chorus parameter, but it's a mono chorus at the oscillator stage, into a single mono filter.
Thank you so much. I can save a slot on my interface, great 👌🏻
📝 Reply