The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Arturia Microfreak Experimental Hybrid Synthesizer Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 1 day ago
Tbn
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobe View Post
so you went straight into FM territory for the hats, kinda make sense Would it be difficult to synthesize a snare without noise?
Yes, seemed the most logical way (I've had - and learned- a dx7 as well)

Snare I will have to try still; the lack of a noise source is nicely compensated by the broad selection of different oscillator types and powerful mod matrix imho, so probably will come up with something....
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post
Woo-Hoo, I’ve been waiting for stock to arrive in Australia, and found one on Ebay locally.
I haven’t bought a synth in a couple of years, despite the huge amount of new stuff on offer.
But this one has grabbed my attention, something really unique that looks like a lot of fun. Exciting.
So.....what is it about a synth that doesn't work properly that gets you excited?

If this is a "thing" for you, then let me tell you about my new company "TERRIBLE D'S TERRIBLE SYNTHS"

My first product is the industry changing: "T.D-F.U-1" I think it might be right up your alley....

... let's just say it has a few "Issues" .....but hey! That's EXCITING right??

We can work out a payment plan
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrible.dee View Post
So.....what is it about a synth that doesn't work properly that gets you excited?

If this is a "thing" for you, then let me tell you about my new company "TERRIBLE D'S TERRIBLE SYNTHS"

My first product is the industry changing: "T.D-F.U-1" I think it might be right up your alley....

:yawn:
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

Quote:

You need a hug , come here let me give you a hug.
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by CathodeRay View Post
You need a hug , come here let me give you a hug.
A neck hug
Old 20 hours ago
Gear Nut

aaaah, Gearslutz - where nobody reads any of the other posts and everyone always thinks their personal experiences and expectations weigh more than everyone else's.

I would make fun of terrible.dee, but... yeah, they need a hug.
C'mere buddy!! *sniff*

(in all seriousness, download the firmware update. it fixes things.)
Old 20 hours ago
Lives for gear

Microfreak going on my Must Have list. When a GS thread gets this personal, the synth is clearly excellent
Old 19 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Not sure what doesn’t work properly. The new firmware seems great over here.

Not to mention it’s a bargain
Old 17 hours ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by drxcm View Post
Not sure what doesn’t work properly. The new firmware seems great over here.

Not to mention it’s a bargain
he doesn´t have one, I think - that´s what´s not "working properly"...
Old 16 hours ago
< moderator message - @ terrible.dee please don't slag synths you haven't used. thanks >
Old 15 hours ago
Gear Addict

Just got it yesterday! Haven't even Midi'd it up yet and im already in love!

Old 14 hours ago
Gear Head

Mines gone now, I really tried to like it but at the end of the day I just couldn't find a way to, I think I should have just not given into the gas as its it's not really geared toward the kind of stuff I do which is mostly Hip Hop related.. not gonna knock it though it's huge value for money if you're more into the experimental side of things..
Old 14 hours ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAktor View Post
Mines gone now, I really tried to like it but at the end of the day I just couldn't find a way to, I think I should have just not given into the gas as its it's not really geared toward the kind of stuff I do which is mostly Hip Hop related.. not gonna knock it though it's huge value for money if you're more into the experimental side of things..
yeah I think straight out of the box it´s a bit more geared towards genres that use more experimental sounds and/or to sound designers.

I think it´s useful for potential buyers to hear feedback like yours, either way and even if not everybody might agree - simply because in your case it is founded on actual experiences instead of mindless regurgitation of rumours.

so - thanks!
Old 14 hours ago
Gear Addict

Just getting my feet wet here wasn't really trying for anything just messing around through one of my Lexicon PCM81's.

Old 12 hours ago
Here for the gear

Is parameter locking possible on the microfreak ? for example I select the step 3 on my sequence and I adjust the cutoff value for that step only (exactly like on korg monologue)
Old 11 hours ago
Tbn
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaitak View Post
Is parameter locking possible on the microfreak ? for example I select the step 3 on my sequence and I adjust the cutoff value for that step only (exactly like on korg monologue)
You can "motion sequence" 4 parameters, and when the sequencer is stopped you can edit them by step by scrolling through the steps of the sequence(s).
Old 11 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathodeRay
Just getting my feet wet here wasn't really trying for anything just messing around through one of my LEXICON PCM81's.
Holy crap, my cat loved it! Guys, play it to your cats.
Old 11 hours ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrogat0r View Post
Holy crap, my cat loved it! Guys, play it to your cats.
Its definitely some weird stuff , i can see the appeal to a cat .
Old 6 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAktor View Post
Really? I’m sad to hear that; there are a couple presets that to me at least speak instant hip-hop, more Wu-Tang than West Coast or Dirty South, maybe, but still definitely there.
Old 5 hours ago
Gear Nut

well,i really like the last FW update...till i figured out analog clock sync doesn`t work at all anymore,no matter what setting :(
It does not really recognize an incoming clock.It ignores the"start"message (TRS cable).You can start it manually via play button (though it doesn`t run in sync then) and it will stop when i stop the master but that`s it.
Old 5 hours ago
Here for the gear

Is there a way to remember last preset edited when starting up?

Future firmware request, make the randomize function work for all parameters, not only the sequencer.

Who doesn't love randomize right?
Old 2 hours ago
Gear Head

I'm ****ing loving this thing! I'm getting some very likeable sounds from it. Sounds really, really nice with some FX added. I'm going into Reason & even with a little RV7000 stock reverb it sounds really nice. Very nice.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search