The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Moog Sirin
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Moog Sirin

Hello there ...

Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Looks great - and the tone and looks remind me of the Grandmother, but even sweeter.

Last edited by wendell r.; 24th January 2019 at 04:29 PM..
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
599.- 2500 pieces.. what a joke.. an best is.. " [deleted by moderator - please not the China-USA thing in this thread].
[deleted by moderator - please not the China-USA thing in this thread], not enough plastic, sounds too thick! Why would anybody buy this thing?

Last edited by Reptil; 24th January 2019 at 05:19 PM.. Reason: -
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Far from a joke I would say, and a very nice sound.
Old 24th January 2019
M32
Lives for gear

So, it's just a Minitaur with an extended frequency range for the oscillators? Seems a bit of a shame to not at least diversify the instrument a little... If they changed the filter design to 2pole, now that would be nice

otoh, if it sounds as good as the minitaur in the low end, i might consider upgrading. Not to keen on those kitch looks tho.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

haven't seen a monome in a while. og hipster.
Old 24th January 2019
Kja
Lives for gear
Did you say $600?... Really?
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

WTF did I just watch?
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
haven't seen a monome in a while. og hipster.
who looks like Aaron paul a bit
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

I'm assuming it doesn't have some sort of mini-spring reverb inside too, but something else must have been done to bring the tone closer to the Grandmother too. The colours and size match the sweetened sound, making up a nice package.

Last edited by wendell r.; 24th January 2019 at 06:14 PM..
Old 24th January 2019
I like the music played. I like how it looks. Seems to come with a plugin (presents??) - there's more going on than "just" a repainted Taurus?
Don't like the price. I'm sure it'll be 850 euros here, at the end of the day. *folds face in deep frown*
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Maybe it will bring down the 2nd-hand Minitaur prices
Old 24th January 2019
I notice, there's an awful lot of these monophonic birds flapping around.... come on Moog.... don't tell me you didn't notice.
Attached Thumbnails
Moog Sirin-screen-shot-2019-01-24-17.32.46.jpg   Moog Sirin-screen-shot-2019-01-24-17.27.53.png  
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Addict

It's never going to sound bad, but really? At that price point? How many wheels have Moog re-invented now? Put some pretty colours on it, give it a hippy/hipster vibe, slap Moog on it and of course it'll sell to the Faithful.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

The price is insane. I'm no B or M acolyte and like to be supportive but this seems jump the shark territory..! You could get minitaur + midi/CV if you really need c8?
Old 24th January 2019
Kja
Lives for gear
Meanwhile Arturia have the new microfreak for $300 Bwahahaha.. Arturia took a poop on Moog! Bwahaha
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear
somebody needs to buy that thing and open and study how to modify minitaur
Old 24th January 2019
Moog Minitaur is $499 new retail price in the USA.
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Addict

theres not enough green on the front panel. a missed opportunity

Old 24th January 2019
Here for the gear

This honestly does piss me off a bit. The Minitaur ain't cheap for a 2 oscillator mono synth man, can I get them extra octaves please
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Addict

you can but its gunna cost you
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

The real question is how much of that Minitaur bass is compromised/lost...if any? Is this a compliment or replacement?
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Seclude yourself and let the music sweep you away. Seek to become newly aware of yourself, the world of nature around you, the people near you. And If you feel it, express yourself.

Introducing Sirin: Analog Messenger of Joy, a new instrument for creative expression that oscillates in the higher octaves of experience.

Sirin is a limited-edition synthesizer module created in celebration of the Moog House of Electronicus and based on the legendary Moog Taurus sound engine. Presented in the familiar compact form of the Moog Minitaur, Sirin is the first instrument in Moog’s Taurus family of bass synthesizers designed to generate pitches far above middle C, with an extended frequency range that reaches notes up to D8.

In this video, Nick Sanborn (Sylvan Esso, Made Of Oak) explores the power of sound using Sirin and DFAM analog synthesizers. Sanborn weaves multiplexed patterns of sound waves--translating the thoughts and feelings of the collective individual into a shared musical experience.

With the exception of the DFAM’s percussive analog backbeat, all sounds in this video came from Sirin. Nick Sanborn uses the free downloadable Sirin Editor Librarian software to automate and recall parameter settings as he layers multiple monophonic tracks from Sirin.

A limited production run of 2500 Sirin will be produced by the employee-owners at the Moog Factory in Asheville, NC--after which no more will be available. Sirin is available for order right now at www.mooghouseofelectronicus.com (US Only--For international orders, please reach out to the Authorized Moog Distributor in your region).

To learn more about Sirin and the Moog House of Electronicus, visit www.mooghouseofelectronicus.com
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
change 2 resistors and capacitors .. an color.. a lot of color.. maybe it's just the firmware like the minibrute or korg sampler/synth
hopefully it's the same useless OS as the minitaur ..
What's the problem with the minitaur's OS?

I think this looks like a good upgrade to the minitaur and a nice no bs monosynth to get next to a computer and a good midi keyboard. But I like desktop modules in general and I still find moog in general to deliver better rounded products. Have you checked out how many desktop modules lack something as simple as a headphone out for example? Or have really bad midi (to CV) implementation?
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

It's a lovely instrument, as always, but Moog should wake up..there is serious competition nowadays no matter where they are made or who owns the company.
I would expect much more options at this price.
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyfrizz View Post
This honestly does piss me off a bit. The Minitaur ain't cheap for a 2 oscillator mono synth man, can I get them extra octaves please
You knew that when you bought it, though. That being said, I still wish I could upgrade my Sub 37's keyboard to the one in the Grandmother.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

I was hoping for an addition to the M32 and DFAM.
Old 24th January 2019
Yeah, if only they had something already designed with the same form factor as the M32/DFAM and capabilities that would complement both of them nicely.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectral Climax View Post
It's a lovely instrument, as always, but Moog should wake up..there is serious competition nowadays no matter where they are made or who owns the company.
I would expect much more options at this price.
I agree with this 100%, but as a 2,500 unit run, they really don't have too much to lose. They will probably sell half of them just to the people that will say, "ONLY 2,500 UNITS!?!?!? I BETTER GET TWO!!! ONE AS A COLLECTOR'S ITEM AND ONE TO USE AFTER I SELL MY MINITAUR!!!"

All-in-all, if they didn't have the Minitaur already, I'd say it was a really great piece. Or, if they just wanted to say it is a Minitaur Mark II and just sell it at the Minitaur price, I'd say that was fair.

Just my two cents
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Addict

Strange - there are no wooden end cheeks on this box...or will that be an extremely special LE for an extra $150?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search