The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Moog Sirin
Old 16th June 2020
  #631
Lives for gear
 
kpatz's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Glide+Osc 1 waveform goes "up" one preset and Glide+Osc 2 waveform goes "down" one preset. Hold down Glide like it's a shift key and then hit the waveform buttons to scroll through the presets.

The synth boots into "preset 0" which is manual mode. Create your desired default preset w/velocity and store it in preset 1 using the editor (which I assume you're using if you're turning on velocity sensitivity).

Then, when you power up the synth, hit Glide+Osc 1 Waveform once, and you'll be on your preferred preset.
Old 16th June 2020 | Show parent
  #632
Deleted 7e91f65
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatz View Post
Glide+Osc 1 waveform goes "up" one preset and Glide+Osc 2 waveform goes "down" one preset.

The synth boots on "preset 0" which is manual mode. Create your desired default preset w/velocity and store it in preset 1 using the editor (which I assume you're using if you're turning on velocity sensitivity).

Then, when you power up the synth, hit Glide+Osc 1 Waveform once, and you'll be on your preferred preset.


i can do that. let me ask one more question. there seems to be two categories of presets, factory, and ones i make. how do you know which the synth will start in and how do you control that?
Old 16th June 2020 | Show parent
  #633
Lives for gear
 
kpatz's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 7e91f65 View Post
i can do that. let me ask one more question. there seems to be two categories of presets, factory, and ones i make. how do you know which the synth will start in and how do you control that?
All the presets in the synth are overwriteable (except 000 which is the manual mode, or "panel settings"). The only distinction between factory and user presets are the folder they're in in the editor, and who created them.

The editor lets you move any preset, factory or user, into any preset position in the Sirin (hardware presets on the right side of the library).

So, if you want to put your "default" preset into number 001, you can do this, and if you happened to like the factory preset that was in 001 originally, you can move it to another slot in the editor.
Old 16th June 2020 | Show parent
  #634
Deleted 7e91f65
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatz View Post
All the presets in the synth are overwriteable (except 000 which is the manual mode, or "panel settings"). The only distinction between factory and user presets are the folder they're in in the editor, and who created them.

The editor lets you move any preset, factory or user, into any preset position in the Sirin (hardware presets on the right side of the library).

So, if you want to put your "default" preset into number 001, you can do this, and if you happened to like the factory preset that was in 001 originally, you can move it to another slot in the editor.


thank you i got this far but mine are not numbered in any way. there are no 001 so i don't know what to make of that and i tried to over-wright the first preset and it hasn't worked.
Old 17th June 2020 | Show parent
  #635
Lives for gear
 
kpatz's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 7e91f65 View Post
thank you i got this far but mine are not numbered in any way. there are no 001 so i don't know what to make of that and i tried to over-wright the first preset and it hasn't worked.
Click the "Preset Manager" button in the editor. You'll then see folders on the left (factory and user, plus any new folders you may have added), presets in the selected folder in the middle, and hardware presets on the right. The hardware presets are the ones in the synth itself (at least, as of the last time you clicked "Get") and they're numbered 000-127 (000 is reserved for panel settings/manual).

From here, you can drag and drop presets from the library into any preset slot on the hardware presets panel, then click Send to send the patch to the synth. I'd put your preferred defaults into 001, then when you power up and hit Glide+Osc 1 you'll get your default patch.
Old 4th September 2020 | Show parent
  #636
Lives for gear
 
string6theory's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
On a weird, tangential whim, I looked and found a brand new Sirin to join my OG Minitaur, creating a 4-oscillator bi-timbral, mini-mega-Taurus bass & lead synth rig.

They shall sit atop The (quad-timbral) River, which will be their main controller (via CV, MIDI, audio inputs into TR's FX, or whatever works) in all their big, ergo knob-paneled glory, along with a new lmtd ed. black BeatStep Pro, which Baloran has developed and implemented as an auxiliary River sequence and ARP controller with a nifty FW update that included micro-tuning and alt scales.

Symmetry Matters :D
Attached Thumbnails
Moog Sirin-fr-synth-desk-racks-.jpg  
Old 6th September 2020 | Show parent
  #637
Lives for gear
 
string6theory's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Superb short instructional video regarding DAW integration with the Sirin (or Minitaur).




Moog has really advanced these knobby modules into computer and DAW-land with very well-implemented editor/librarians and plug-in / CC-automation integration. I should say, they've advanced the Minitaur over some 8+ years and the Sirin gets to ride on his metal-plated coattails.

Spectrasonics also added the Sirin (and Minitaur) to their supported h/w integration, which really expands these modules' tactile-enabled sonic ranges through Omnisphere's responsive interface and bumps my O-enabled synths to 9. The main desk & hutch also has the Prophet-X and Super Jupiter Programmer, providing a lot of knobby O-control there. I think the PX will make for an almost ideal knobby O-controller.

What's really cool is I have a flat screen mobile laptop style USB3 monitor (laid flat on The River's top between the Sirin & Minitaur) that I can flip up in front of the BSP so their editors or a PT HD session using them and/or my other synths are visible front & center.

What's really, really cool is that I'll be able to process ((( stereo ))) audio signals through their combined ext inputs, making their pairing an incredibly useful and welcome one for me, considering my stereo synthesis sympathies... from drum kits to bg vox to a rhythmic Super Jupiter poly sequence and anything in between.

So, what at first may seem a little redundant and over-Mooger-extavigant, is actually an expanded array of incredibly useful, ergonomic, tactile big-knob module panels ready for all manner of analog and/or digital sonic mayhem, processing and control.
Attached Thumbnails
Moog Sirin-fr-synth-desk-racks-screen.jpg  
Old 8th September 2020 | Show parent
  #638
Gear Nut
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by string6theory View Post
On a weird, tangential whim, I looked and found a brand new Sirin to join my OG Minitaur, creating a 4-oscillator bi-timbral, mini-mega-Taurus bass & lead synth rig. They shall sit atop The (quad-timbral) River. . . .
Symmetry Matters :D
I'll be doing something similar with an 88-key controller and my Sirin and Typhon. I'm currently looking for a t-i-i-i-i-ny rack for the latter two Greek and Russian myths so that they can stack while intersecting. Both are good for low-end sounds of different kinds as well as high.

Will Moog ever release a darker mini-module and call it Alkonost? And how would they characterize "darker" if that wasn't going to mean an extension of the low end or low register? The next obvious area would be tone, but it would be fun if they found a less common aspect of sound, methodology or the UI to frame as dark or melancholic.
Old 8th September 2020 | Show parent
  #639
Lives for gear
 
string6theory's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrypt View Post
...

Will Moog ever release a darker mini-module and call it Alkonost? And how would they characterize "darker" if that wasn't going to mean an extension of the low end or low register? The next obvious area would be tone, but it would be fun if they found a less common aspect of sound, methodology or the UI to frame as dark or melancholic.
Maybe a sleek looking 49-key poly based on Taurus oscillators with sonic ranges of the mighty Minitaur up to the subtle Sirin, a scaled-down One UI, same center-screen concept & full mod-matrix, with the GrandMother's spring reverb and the Matriarch's stereo delay called Ulysses !?
Old 8th September 2020 | Show parent
  #640
Gear Nut
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by string6theory View Post
Maybe a 49-key poly based on Taurus oscillators with sonic ranges of Minitaur up to the Sirin and a scaled -down One interface called Ulysses!?
I would love that!
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 630 views: 72171
Avatar for Arcadia
Arcadia 31st August 2012
replies: 106 views: 36030
Avatar for KosmoMishka
KosmoMishka 14th February 2014
replies: 3469 views: 369399
Avatar for geerhoar
geerhoar 2 days ago
replies: 12 views: 1434
Avatar for Aml
Aml 2nd September 2019
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump